Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke (15512 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Impeachment Threat From Senate Is Unnecessary / #ENDSARS Protest Was NEVER Peaceful / El-rufai: Saraki Led Senate Is The Worst In The History Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by KingstonDome: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2018
Former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke yesterday voiced out his opinion on why the Nigerian Senate is never peaceful via his Twitter handle.

According to him, it is not until former Governors stop making the Senate a retirement home that it will find peace.

https://www.kingstondome.com/2018/08/senate-never-peaceful-according-donald-duke.html

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by bedspread: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2018
His Excellency Donald Duke is very Correct on This

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by frowland(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2018
True word. ..and the fact that more is coming 2019 makes the situation look scary.

64 Likes

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by DigitalGenius: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2018
True talk, there is a need for us to create laws that will make the salary of political holders less enticing.

Hi! I am a web developer with 5+ years experience, 3 of them working as a freelancer. I have a passion for coding, making websites faster, more efficient and ultimately, I believe, that reflects on the quality of my work and the degree of positive results I achieve for my clients.

All my work is custom built, done by myself and myself only. I never outsource work.

I develop mainly PHP websites and web applications ranging from CMS's such as WordPress and PHP frameworks like Laravel. I am more of a backend developer but I am also strong on front-end development.

What can you expect from me?

✓ Determination and passion
✓ Focus on achieving the best solution that will lead to better results
✓ Commitment and on-time delivery
✓ No outsourcing!
✓ A professional service throughout
✓ Proper communication and guidance

What services can I offer you?

✓ Custom website development(Front-end & Back-end)
✓ PSD to HTML
✓ PSD to WordPress
✓ Plugin development
✓ Custom PHP programming
✓ Website migration(all platforms)
✓ Website speed optimization
✓ CSS(styling) fixing
✓ Any WordPress related development
✓ Laravel development
✓ HTML5+CSS3 coding

★★★★★ - Free Consultation provided. Just get in touch and I will get back to you within 1 hour. *

* I will send you a complete report and plan of action for your website.

Call me now or send an email and let's make great things happen!

PHONE - 08117027147

EMAIL -hello@revolutesoft .com

Thank you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by dukie25: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2018
True but....
Senate is not peaceful because Tinubu didn't succeed in producing its president.
Not allowing the executive to pad budgets is also why they're doing everything to scuttle the peace in the senate.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Bitterleafsoup: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
Fools full there!

19 Likes

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by chido20(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
this is way too correct

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by NextGovernor(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
That place is full of thieves and rogueds. The funny thing is they fight for there pocket and surviver not for Nigerians and the masses.

37 Likes

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by franchasng: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
#Fact

Same way, Nigeria's Presidency won't be good nor have peace until past military heads of state stop making it their retirement home angry

#Fixed

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Jaymaxxy(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
So apt

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Bobby4090: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
shockingly accurate

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by RealNaijaQuin: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
hahaha grin
I love people that are straightforward
Even Owelle of Imo State will soon run for our senate
Achike Udenwa ran
Everybody wants to rule for life
These sh*t suck me

Meanwhile there's a job vacancy at the World Health Organization
Needed qualification not much,please apply now!

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by pmc01(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
Na so, better person

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Bossontop(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2018
My guy u've said it all but sadly it wont stop dem so i recommend.......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Firefire(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2018
Absolutely!

Over recycling of professional looters after criminally awarding BOGUS retirement benefits to themselves as governors.

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Yinxies(f): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2018
True talk

After doing NOT SO MUCH as state governors, they proceed to the senate to cause more problems

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Sabenko: 8:16am On Aug 09, 2018
Nothing but the truth....when they are tired, they replace with their younger ones. Just a bunch of recycling idiots

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by brainhgeek(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2018
FACT 101
Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by abumeinben(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2018
True that!

Imagine Ogneni Rauf heading to the Senate chair.
Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by olaolulazio(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2018
Truest talk....
Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by geeluck1(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2018
Quite unfortunate young smart thinkers like this won't smell the presidency anytime soon because of the country's stupid political structure ...imagine the setta people we have to choose from come next election.

The same old people with same ideology being recycled ...

In the next 10yrs we'd still be in the same spot arguing same shit while other climes are aggressively developing...

It's a shame no hope in sight for Nigeria yet

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 09, 2018
Nothing truer

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Throwback: 8:18am On Aug 09, 2018
dukie25:
Senate is not peaceful because Tinubu didn't succeed in producing its president.
Not allowing the executive to pad budgets is also why they're doing everything to scuttle the peace in the senate.

What was Saraki doing hiding overnight inside the National Assembly parking lot?

Was Saraki as an APC Senator not supposed to be with his fellow APC legislators meeting with the President and party Chairman?

How many Senators out of 108 were present when the voting for the Senate presidency was commenced by Saraki and his gang?

How many APC Senators who were the majority, were present to vote in their very first duty as elected Senators?

Did Saraki not sacrifice the Deputy Senate Presidency to PDP in a bid to actualize his own personal ambitions that were superior to the ambitions of the party?

Did Sen. Lawan who was the APC favourite not have his own supporters too in the opposition parties, but who were now forced to vote for only Saraki, who ensured he began the election of the Senate leadership while Sen. Lawan was at a different place that Saraki also ought to have been?

Did you and Saraki then expect to have a peaceful Senate after such unfathomable treachery and deliberate disenfranchisement of his major opponent and fellow APC senators?

Dogora who won as speaker did not deny any member of the HOR their voting rights even if he was not the party favourite. His tenure remains at peace with all HOR legislators. He did not hide overnight in the parking lot to ensure he was the only candidate with supporters present, nor did he sacrifice the position of Deputy Speaker to the opposition PDP. He only chose to contest fairly and won despite the APC already having an anointed candidate.

Compare Saraki's greed and deviousness to Dogora's right to participation, then see why the Senate is rancorous and HOR is united.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 09, 2018
Absolute true words from this good man

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by Misterdhee1(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2018
dukie25:
So why was it also turbulent during GEJ's era? Your own mumu is in another package

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by gaby(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2018
How would peace find it's place amongst a conglomerate of self-serving, power drunk, arrogant and ego-maniac lots, whose sole aim is far from representing anyone else's interest but theirs alone.

Everybody wants to be a principal officer or chairman of a committee..dimwits.

click on my signature to the irregular migrants story of perils, triumphs and karma, you'd love it..

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by dukie25: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2018
Throwback:

What was Saraki doing hiding inside the assembly parking lot?

He was fighting for democracy.

Re: Here Is Why The Senate Is Never Peaceful According To Donald Duke by dukie25: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2018
Throwback:

What was Saraki doing hiding inside the assembly parking lot?

Fighting for democracy.

Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads / Insecurity: We Are Working Very Hard, I Hope Nigerians Will Understand – Buhari / Labour Party Missing As INEC Publishes Ogun Governorship, Assembly Candidates