Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG (14290 Views)

2023: APC Will Lose If You Insist On Free, Fair Elections – Wike Replies Buhari / See Gbajabiamila Outfit As He Contests For House Of Reps Speaker / Governorship Contests That Will Shake 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by nairavsdollars(f): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Federal Government on Wednesday said the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is jittery of confronting President Muhammadu Buhari at the polls during the 2019 presidential election.

Reacting to the calls by Prince Uche Secondus, National Chairman of the PDP that President Buhari should resign, Alhaji Lai Mohammed while speaking exclusively to Daily Independent said the PDP knew there was nothing for them as long as the All Progressives Congress ( APC) pickd Buhari as its flag bearer.

While asking Nigerians not to take PDP serious, the Minister said the party out of desperation would keep calling on President Buhari to resign over unnecessary issues especially as the country inches towards the election.

“Nigerians shouldn’t take PDP serious. They know that no matter who they field, if their presidential candidate contests against Buhari, they will never win. They are just too scared of the man. So, they are desperate not to have Buhari on the ballot box.

“All these calls for his resignations for flimsy reasons, we will see more of it as we approach the elections.

The only way they can win is for Buhari not be on the ballot box. Once he contests, they know there is nothing for them. I am just coming from Akwa Ibom state and i cannot believe what i saw.

“PDP will look for every means not to have Buhari on the ballot box. Tomorrow morning, they are going to find another flimsy excuse on why he must resign and not contest the election. All these talks about resignation is just because they are afraid of facing him.

” I repeat, all calls by PDP that President Muhammadu Buhari should resign is borne out of a morbid fear that the man is undefeatable at the ballot box,” the Minister said.

https://independent.ng/resignation-pdp-jittery-about-facing-buhari-at-the-polls-fg-2/amp/

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by dukie25: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2018
” I repeat, all calls by PDP that President Muhammadu Buhari should resign is borne out of a morbid fear that the man is undefeatable at the ballot box,” the Minister said

Not the same Buhari who lost in 2003, 2007 and 2011 abi?
He should thank God for the likes of Saraki, Tambuwal, Atiku etc.
Incidentally those people are now back to the PDP.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by nairavsdollars(f): 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wahala dey

dukie25:

He should thank God for the likes of Saraki, Tambuwal, Atiku, Saraki etc.

6 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by Afamed: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2018
dukie25:

But you didn't remind us ,it was the same Buhari that defeated a seating president

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by CyynthiaKiss(f): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
Who and who are deceiving these people for crying out loud ?
How can Buhari win when people of North central he's killing today like chicken vote for him again like they mistakenly voted in 2015 ?

How can Buhari win since majority of we christian Yorubas have rejected him. Even our Son Osibanjo whom we thought will checkmate the dictatorial tendencies of Buhari against Nigerian Christians has become a disappointment to some of us . He's keeping quite because his family members are not involved.
Of course we can't vote for buhari who is killing our Christian brothers in North central because he will definitely open the chapter of southern Christians if he wins second tenure... If buhari could sink so low in killing northern Christians, only God in heaven knows the kind of terror he will unleash on we southerners who are majority Christians..
And to those who are celebrating Akpabio's defection, it shows that most of you are politically naive. Go back to the drawing board,....SE&SS voting pattern has not changed since inception of democracy when it comes to the issue of presidential elections, and I don't see it changing soon.
Some of all these governors from those regions become irrelevant once they are no more in charge of the states they governed.
Eg
Peter Obi of Anambra exiting APGA didn't stop Anambra from becoming APGA. Even Peter Obi's candidate failed in the last guber election.

Orji Uzo Kalu has been defeated twice at his pooling unit, yet he's still deceiving Buhari about 6 million imaginary votes.. lolz.

Sullivan Chime is a political spectator in Enugu today . His defection to APC didn't change anything in Enugu state.
Chibike Amechi of Rivers state could not deliver Rivers for Buhari with all the fund he had access to, including the fact that he was a sitting Governor. Zombies should keep hoping on Akpabio to give you ten million votes of SS the same way Kenneth Okonkwo will deliver Enugu for Buhari
Even Good luck Jonathan will be deserted today if he joins APC.

Note: 2019 won't be 2015 when people voted based on religions and tribal affiliation.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by StillX10(m): 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
See senseless talk

7 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by BruncleZuma: 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/7f0a542eb169c8c04ac746286a018aa6/tenor.gif[/img]

This is Nigeria...Everybody be comedian Ooooh

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by Kingsoul1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Who cares
Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by yeyeboi(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by tesppidd: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
Even as a lone man without any incumbent power, political structure and governor's support, this political enigma of a man was polling around 10 million votes.

Now armed with;

-25 state governors
-55 senators
-200 reps
-36 federal ministers
-inec chairman
-police IG
-dss boss
-chief of army staff
-the jagaban of Nigeria

This man will literally demolish any inconsequential element pdp wants to present as candidate.

Buhari till 2023.
APC till 2055.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by apeiron24(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
These people do not know whats up

4 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by AllTheWayUp: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
APC is scared

10 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
dukie25:

Not the same Buhari who lost in 2003, 2007 and 2011 abi? He should thank God for the likes of Saraki, Tambuwal, Atiku, Saraki etc. Incidentally those people are now back to the PDP.
Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by semyman: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
They know this for sure

2 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by Justbeingreal(m): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
undecided

It seems APC don't know how much Nigerians hate them as a political party right now.

8 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by abc115: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin

My opinion elsewhere on nairaland

My Permutations :
1. If Atiku did not win , he will work against the party
2. If Kwankwoso did not win, he will work for Buhari , but work for PDP in Governorship
3 . No PDP candidate can win NW, NE ,NC and SW, with Buhari contesting
4. SS could flip, because the son of the soil is not contesting...CRS,AKS,DS,EDS
5. Imo and Ebonyi could be swept by brooms
6. If Sule Lamido did not win, Obj will work against PDP
7. If Tambuwal did not win, Wike will not be interested in the Presidential Election
8. Makarfi has given up, he may decamp soon...Tonye take note
9. Donald Duke is thrown under the bus already...He will work against PDP, as he did against GEJ
10. Shame will not allow Saraki to work against PDP, if he losses...but he will only have 300k votes to donate...this will be one-third of the one that will be gained from UNCOMMON DEFECTOR
11. Dankwabwo could appeal a bit, but you know PDP...sharing the money since 1999, will not allow them to see him. Anyway , nobody knows him, to say the least, nationally .
12. Saminu Turaki...the guy looks hungry, he maybe seeking for "Juicy Appointment"
13. Shekarau cannot be trusted if he losses

Outcome:

If 1 did not hold, 2 to 13 remain valid.

Guess the rest

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by ogunnoikitaiwo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
sure nw..them never get better candidate nw,way feel beat our president....
Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by DanielPop(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
Everyone knows that Buhari is going STRAIGHT to Daura next year, no branching along the way! grin

5 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by pol23: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
There's only one way to find out.
I know apc will do anything to retain that power...but you can't over power us all...
Demonic people...
Op,change that headline from FG to APC.

1 Like

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by AngelicBeing: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/7f0a542eb169c8c04ac746286a018aa6/tenor.gif[/img]

This is Nigeria...Everybody be comedian Ooooh
tongue

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by MrImole: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
These people are confused
Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by adioolayi(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

Who and who are deceiving these people for crying out loud ?
How can Buhari win when people of North central he's killing today like chicken vote for him again like they mistakenly voted in 2015 ?

How can Buhari win since some of we christian Yorubas have turned our backs on his ?.
Of course we can't vote for buhari who is killing our Christian brothers in North central because he will definitely open the chapter of southern Christians if he wins second tenure... If buhari could sink so low in killing northern Christians, only God in heaven knows the kind of terror he will unleash on we southerners who are majority Christians..
And to those who are celebrating Akpabio's defection, it shows that most of you are politically naive. Go back to the drawing board,....SE&SS voting pattern has not changed since inception of democracy when it comes to the issue of presidential elections, and I don't see it changing soon.
Some of all these governors from those regions become irrelevant once they are no more in charge of the states they governed.
Eg
Peter Obi of Anambra exiting APGA didn't stop Anambra from becoming APGA. Even Peter Obi's candidate failed in the last guber election.

Orji Uzo Kalu has been defeated twice at his pooling unit, yet he's still deceiving Buhari about 6 million imaginary votes.. lolz.

Sullivan Chime is a political spectator in Enugu today . His defection to APC didn't change anything in Enugu state.
Chibike Amechi of Rivers state could not deliver Rivers for Buhari with all the fund he had access to, including the fact that he was a sitting Governor. Zombies should keep hoping on Akpabio to give you ten million votes of SS the same way Kenneth Okonkwo will deliver Enugu for Buhari
Even Good luck Jonathan will be deserted today if he joins APC.

Note: 2019 won't be 2015 when people voted based on religions and tribal affiliation.

I am a Yoruba Christian, I have PVC... entitled to just one Vote... and I am Voting PMB in 2019.
I don't know where you get your "We Yoruba Christian " generalisation from

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by opribo(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
Bihari cannot win, he will rig it.

3 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by TimeManager(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
dukie25:

He has got the Jagaban behind him. Watch as he coasts home to victory come 2019.

kiss the truth!

5 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by Whobedatte(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
Same buhari that lost consecutively thrice?
Lai is a dunce

1 Like

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by prettyomidan: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
Mtcheeew. Yeye.
Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by fk001(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
All PDP cohorts will be brutally disgrace come 2019..

2015 was just a child play

2 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by Whobedatte(m): 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
adioolayi:

I am a Yoruba Christian, I have PVC... entitled to just one Vote... and I am Voting PMB in 2019.
Real Yoruba Christians know ourselves baba

1 Like

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by fk001(m): 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
fk001:
All PDP cohorts will be brutally disgrace come 2019..

2015 was just a child play
Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by adioolayi(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
Whobedatte:
Real Yoruba Christians know ourselves baba
From our moniker, who do you think Nairalanders will believe to be a Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by AdesegunSanni89: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
SAI BABA TILL 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resignation: PDP Afraid They Will Lose If Buhari Contests In 2019 - FG by TimeManager(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
adioolayi:

Pay less attention to him. He is an Igbo boy with a dangling preek

kiss the truth!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Rent Out 8 Floors In Abandoned National Secretariat For Revenue / We Will Vote Edeoga Out In Four Years, If He Fails Us - Kenneth Okonkwo / Ordinary Nigerians Not Among Those Saying ‘Bring Back Corruption’ - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.