Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

"Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha (16674 Views)

Only Peter Obi Worries Us, Atiku Cannot Win – APC’s Osita Okechukwu / Ikama Kato Remanded For Insulting Buhari, Boss Mustspha On Facebook / Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by kwaghshir147(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has calibrated voting preference in Nigeria and is sure that President Muhammadu Buhari will defeat other presidential candidates next year to continue his administration’s change agenda.

Prof. Osinbajo spoke on Wednesday at the Township Stadium in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, while receiving Senator Godswill Akpabio, who defected from the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The Acting President, who was represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha; declared that treasury looters would no longer be allowed to return to power.

A posse of aspirants in the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party are lining up to challenge President Buhari in the 2019 election. Among them are former vice-president Atiku Abubakar, Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo, former Sokoto governor, Attahiru Bafarawa and former PDP interim chairman, Ahmed Makarfi. There are also Governor Aminu Tambuwal, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, and former governor Sule Lamido. Senate president Bukola Saraki dropped hints Wednesday that he too may join the race.

Acting President Osinbajo believes none of the presidential contenders can match Buhari’s electoral value.

The Acting President said: “I came here to thank the people of Akwa Ibom State for the remarkable show of solidarity that you have exhibited today (yesterday). I came here to dispense this goodwill from the President and the Acting President for the show of solidarity and to tell you that the government of President Muhammadu Buhari loves the people of Akwa Ibom State. I have come here to share with you the thrust of this government and to give you some basic facts that will help you make up your minds as to the direction Akwa Ibom has decided to go in 2019.

“When this government came on board and as President Muhammadu Buhari constituted his cabinet, you will be shocked to find that there are 36 ministers; 18 of these ministers are Christians, 18 are Muslims. Out of the 18 Christians, nine are Catholics. In addition to that, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation is a Christian, the Head of Service of the Federation is a Christian, the Vice-President is a Christian, the Governor of the Central Bank is a Christian.

“When we met with the Conference of Catholic Bishops, I told them that if there is anybody that owns this government, the Catholics have nothing really to complain, because they have nine ministers, in addition to the chairman of the party, the Governor of the Central Bank; they also have the Chief Justice of Nigeria.

“People of Akwa Ibom State, I know that this is electioneering year, a lot of people will be going around offering their services to you. I have worked with all the candidates of the PDP. I know them personally. They are my friends. I do not have anything against them. If I have my way, I will ask the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to allow all of them compete, but I can assure you that all of them will be defeated by President Buhari in 2019, because all of them are from the Northern part of the country.

“In 2007, we barely got two million votes all over the nation. I can tell you that President Buhari has won consistently in their states. Is it Sokoto, is it Kano, is it Jigawa, is it Gombe, is it Adamawa? Where else? Buhari is the only candidate that can give you 10 million votes as head start. Why do you have to invest and engage a candidate that can just generate 300,000 votes in his state? It is a totally wasteful exercise.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/osinbajo-saraki-atiku-cannot-beat-buhari-264985.html

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Brunosamel(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
osibanjo you have said yours let wait till 2019 for the outcome.... first to comment

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Merimental(m): 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2018
let's watch n see.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by J4justice: 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
That was then and not now.

12 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by pryme(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
That's the sad truth.

A sheep or a goat cannot beat a cow in a fight.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by abokibuhari: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin grin UNCOMMON BEATING HE GO RECEIVE cheesy

16 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by StillX10(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
OK sir time shall tell

6 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Omeokachie: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Eye go clear soon

6 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Calers: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
Millions of pdp can't stop Buhari.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by mimariamabudul1: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2018
In 2019 THE RESULT WILL TELL

4 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by mamatayour(f): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
It's nothing but the bitter truth. All these yeye "defectors" ain't better as well all they care about is syphoning Naija's wealth. Believe them @ your own risk. Sowore on my mind

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Originality007: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin e go do una like film trick.....but am voting sowore or fela durotoye come 2019,am not giving my vote to old cargoes again...i think it is time we Youths came back to our senses, that this politicians are just playing us like ping pong. lets vote for fresh people with fresh ideas, not Dullard and looters

7 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by adioolayi(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
Them no reach... FACT!

4 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by SEONaijaExpert: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
That's not rocket science.

Saraki cannot beat Buhari
Kwankwaso cannot beat Buhari

Atiku cannot beat Buhari.... So who else?

12 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Daviddson(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
That's true. Buhari has performed bad on many indices like his indifference to herdsmen killings (and failing to visit the affected states immediately it happens), failing to take charge of his government and allowing cabal to run amok (not being smart enough), sectional appointments (especially in the defence), etc.
But the truth is that he has set a bar that any incoming president (from 2023 upwards, the way it's going now grin) will have to be under pressure to beat, in terms of non-interference on government institutions, personal integrity (yes, Buhari has a doze of it) and fight against corruption.

11 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by theoldpretender(m): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hmm

Funnily enough, I was thinking about this question this morning...

PDP can beat the APC in 2019...because

1.The Middle Belt...particularly Kogi, Benue and Plateau....are probably not going to vote for APC.

2.Kano and Kaduna are in play now...thanks to the defections of Hunkuyi (Kaduna) and Kwankwaso (Kano). Sokoto....probably (2019 will be a test for Tambuwal...more than Buhari).

3.South East and South South will go for PDP....inspite of Akpabio defecting.

4.South West....I see 55-45% for APC....but that 45% for PDP could come back to pain APC...

5.The Middle Belt....the middle Belt.....he who wins the middle belt...especially Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Benue and Plateau...has won the election. Forget about other regions...Middle Belt is where it is at. And IMO....it is slightly tilted towards PDP right now..

Mind you, I am no PDP supporter...and to be frank...I would like to see KOWA or NCP running things in Nigeria. Not PDP or APC again...same old wine in old or new bottles.

6.How PDP handles the Presidential primaries...with Atiku, Tambuwal, Saraki, and Lamido all in the running..is also important. PDP mishandling of certian primaries in 2014...tilted votes to APC. So,if I was a PDP advisor...I would advise a healthy dose of humility and patience in the ranks.

8 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by bigtt76(f): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by sabenabeauty(f): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
Click the link below.

and tell me what you think in the comment section.
you double be my next guest ;-)
Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by DeeGeeNee: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
We will know in 2019
Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by kaen1317: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
With the kind of hunger ravaging the land even a dog will beat him

5 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by prinsam30: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
Tales By Moonlight

3 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by bedspread: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
RANTS

Pmb has been Defeated

4 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Facts only

1 Like

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by capatainrambo: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
nonsense
Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Omeokachie: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Boss Mustafa only read a prepared speech. Those were not his words.

To Osinbajo, the question would be..."Is that your final answer?"

1 Like

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Sweetcollins: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Till then
When we come to the bridge �, we cross it.

1 Like

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Koolking(m): 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Saraki only holdsway in Kwara State. He has no political might outside Kwara. He became Senate president because he rode on the political weight of people outside Kwara.

Atiku, we know. His precedence as exVP is not glorious to garner votes from Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
kwaghshir147:

The Acting President, who was represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha; declared that treasury looters would no longer be allowed to return to power.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/osinbajo-saraki-atiku-cannot-beat-buhari-264985.html
*yinmu*
Just like
Maina,
Baru,
Formal SGF... was not allowed to return to power

Continue to deceive yourselves! Don't tell Buhari to buckle up, apologize and stop playing the politics of ethnic and religious division undecided

His failure is starring right there in your faces. The only assignment left for you guys is admitting it

You are welcome to take your time!

3 Likes

Re: "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again / Awamaridi: I Am LP's Guber Candidate, Rodes-Vivour Is Campaign Manager / Osinbajo Meets With Bukola Saraki For Security Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.