Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. (2064 Views)

Buratai Reacts To The Blockade Of The Convoy Of Osinbajo For The Protest / Meet Bichi Yusuf Magaji: Biography, Profile Of DSS Boss / Blockade Of Saraki’s Home Must Have Been By His Security Aides, Police Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
Now, read the Untold Story of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly And The Sack Of Lawal Daura As DSS DG.

Acting President Professor Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), on Tuesday, gave orders for the immediate sack of the Director General of the Department of State Security Service (DSS), Mr. Lawal Daura following the invasion of the National Assembly by operatives of the DSS.

But contrary to the wildly held believe that the sack of Daura was solely over the blockade of NASS yesterday, there is more to it.

Senate President Bukola Saraki, had called for a Tuesday meeting of the leadership of the National Assembly to discuss the request by the executive for the approval of virement for the conduct of the 2019 general elections and consideration of the 2018 Supplementary Bill.

With the defection of Senate President Bukola Saraki from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the call for his resignation and call by the presidency that the National Assembly be reconvened created suspicions all over the air.

The suspicion was that, APC senators will use the opportunity of the meeting called by Senator Saraki to reconvene the Senate and carry out the immediate impeachment of the Senate President.

This suspicion is without consideration to the fact that the APC now has a simple majority.

Saraki, not sure how events of that day will plan out, plotted to be a step ahead of whatever plans the APC senators might be putting together and so reportedly enlisted the help of HIS FRIEND at the DSS, Lawal Daura.

The fear was that with the possible reconvening of the Senate, APC senators will find their way to the National Assembly and carry out the rumoured impeachment plot of the Senate President.

So, PDP senators were quickly alerted and asked to report to the National Assembly as early as possible on Tuesday so as to be able to check mate whatever the APC senators may have planned for the day.

While the PDP Senators will be there on one hand, DSS agents will also be drafted to ensure that nobody gained access to the National Assembly complex so that the chance to reconvene does not even occur.

To do this, the sacked DSS DG, Lawal Daura sources said, provided 40 DSS operatives to carry out the blockade at the National Assembly.

The order was not to allow any legislator, whether APC or PDP access into the National Assembly, but the real target was APC senators.

Incidentally, no APC senators showed up at the National Assembly since they were on recess and the meeting called by the Senate President was that of the leadership, scheduled for 12 noon while the text for the drama invited PDP lawmakers and the media said 7am.

Consequently, PDP senators started arriving the National Assembly as early as 7am as directed and they met the resistance of the DSS who had orders not to let anyone in.

Suffice it to add that some persons including some aides of the Senate President were also already stationed at the National Assembly in readiness to dish out messages and videos of the blockade that PDP senators were denied access into the complex.

Working according to plan, the DSS prevented PDP senators from gaining access into NASS premises, while the men stationed to video began sending messages across social media platforms reporting the event.

The videos soon got to the mainstream media who also began to report the blockade with some of them using the videos sent my the aide of the Senate President.

With the suspicion that the plot was to impeach the Senate President, Senator Ben Bruce was quick to go on air to say that APC senators were allowed entry into the NASS complex through an alternate gate and are gathering at the chambers.
It turned out to be false.

At the same time senator Ben Bruce alleged that APC senators are already in the chamber, aides to the Senate president were spreading messages in the social media that the same APC senators are meeting inside Sheraton Hotels to impeach Saraki.

Many of those who had earlier believed that APC senators were already on the chamber as alleged by Senator Ben Bruce began to doubt the whole thing. But the question that remained on the lips of many was, "What was the DSS doing at the National Assembly preventing lawmakers from gaining access and who sent them on that mission?"

Sources revealed that they were on a mission particularly to prevent what was rumoured and suspected to be plans by APC senators to reconvene and impeach Senate President Bukola Saraki and they were sent by the sacked DG, Lawal Daura, Saraki's ally.

The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) according to sources was detailed to track Daura's move especially his telephone conversation with Saraki.

The outcome of the NIA findings sources said was quickly communicated to President Buhari, who is on a 10 day working holiday in London, following which approval for the sack of Daura was reached.

While Daura's sack may have happened nonetheless, the blockade of the National Assembly resulted in the quick dispensation of his sack.

Daura's sack and reported arrest by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is as a result of the findings on him by the NIA.

Sources said the government is desirous of ensuring that himself and all others involved in the act are punished appropriately.

Mynd44 this is the real gist of what transpired on that day.

Apparently saraki played the PDP senators too because many of them were ignorant and used as his tool but some were complicit.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please anyone who wishes to comment should ensure they read the OP and understand it thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by vankaid: 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
You guys aren't tired of spinning this thing already?

Please, if you are truly a nationalist and not a paid zombie, just accept it as we have years before even 2015 elections: Buhari is as bad as every other Nigerian politician.

I know it is hard to change a belief system but that is just what it is.

5 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by NuclearWinter: 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
Osinbanjo was told blankly by Lawal Duara that he is only answerable to Buhari and that Osinbanjo should get ready to be dumped as Buhari's running mate.

Osinbanjo went to his corner and after several calls to Buhari, Osinbanjo reported what Lawal just told him.

Tears rolling down his cheeks, Osinbanjo asked Buhari if it is true that he was planning to dump him for Akpabio. Buhari responded by saying "Yemisi, I thought Asiwaju told you". Osinbanjo will fire back "stop calling me Yemisi or Yomi. I have been correcting you for over 3yrs now, my name is Yemi!"
Osinbanjo will then tell Buhari he will resign and handover to Saraki to "deal with you".

Buhari then caved in and then begged Yemisi.

The rest is history.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Greenarrow01(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
Whatever happened thatbday was solely the result of the crazy and lazy media houses dishing out fake and unverified claims to ... gullible followers on social media.

First of all. Why was dss there as early as before 7am.
Why were only pdp senators there.. while they re on recess..
How did nrdia houses got there as early as possible.

Our media houses are our number one promblem.
Not even saraki nor pmb.

Media houses will right only what people say without investigating, we all know that heist was staged.
It is now left to our media houses to tell us what really happened ..not what some senators who re obvious liars think happened.

I just wish sowore will go back to sahara reporters and premium times will continue the great job.

But from
Nation newspaper to
Nairaland mods
To Ait
Vanguard etc
Are bunch of fakr media houses.

Nairaland is the worst. They just post irrelevance up there..

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by vankaid: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2018
NuclearWinter:
Osinbanjo was told blankly by Lawal Duara that he is only answerable to Buhari and that Osinbanjo should get ready to be dumped as Buhari's running mate.

Osinbanjo went to his corner and after several calls to Buhari, Osinbanjo reported what Lawal just told him.

Tears rolling down his cheeks, Osinbanjo asked Buhari if it is true that he was planning to dump him for Akpabio. Buhari responded by saying "Yemisi, I thought Asiwaju told you". Osinbanjo will fire back "stop calling me Yemisi or Yomi. I have been correcting you for over 3yrs now, my name is Yemi!"
Osinbanjo will then tell Buhari he will resign and handover to Saraki to "deal with you".

Buhari then caved in and then begged Yemisi.

The rest is history.

grin grin grin
Abi? Let the spinning continue!!
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
Buhari actually planned with Osinbajo, Daura, Oshiomole and APC senators to impeach SARAKI. Buhari asked the former DG DSS not to allow any PDP senator access into th3 complex....and to shoot SARAKI on sight.

So when we started making noise, London called the office of the acting President.... .and fall guy was needed.

The DSS officials said the orders came from the presidency..

Those trying to spin their brains like The zombies that they are, are only fooling themselves....and if this nonsense makes front page, id conclude that nairaland is about to end!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by vankaid: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
My own:

"Because Buhari was undergoing a procedure in a UK hospital which couldnt allow him to take calls, repeated calls from Daura to confirm from him whether to abort the seige as it is obviously backfiring met brick walls.

Daura therefore decided to to continue hoping their relationship will take care of all in the end but he was wrong. Buhari came out of the procedure and was bombarded by the embarrasing news from Nigeria, he had no choice but to sacrifice his blood!"

Source: NaijaSpinFactory

Ndi ara!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
vankaid:
You guys aren't tired of spinning this thing already?

Please, if you are truly a nationalist and not a paid zombie, just accept it as we have years before even 2015 elections: Buhari is as bad as every other Nigerian politician.
I know it is hard to change a belief system but that is just what it is.

That is not the opinion in the streets

And note that the person who conducted the attached poll is a staunch die hard PDP loyalist.

His poll had about 7000 voters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by vankaid: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

That is not the opinion in the streets

And note that the person who conducted the attached poll is a staunch die hard PDP loyalist.

His poll had about 7000 voters

We have seen countless polls recently, most of them Buhari did so poorly.

Infact either Atiku or someon else beat him in one foreign APC twitter page.

Meanwhile, twitter is not Nigerian street. People are being killed in their homes and farms on empty stomach.

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Jax1: 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
The amount of twisting the story will salvage their damaged and rotten personality.. The coup was a huge failure and buhari is responsible for it.
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
vankaid:

We have seen countless polls recently, most of them Buhari did so poorly.

Infact either Atiku or someon else beat him in one foreign APC twitter page.

Meanwhile, twitter is not Nigerian street. People are being killed in their homes and farms on empty stomach.

Suddenly Twitter isn't Nigerian streets. But this is the reality out there.

Get used to the Buharist movement. Your tears will flow more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Suddenly Twitter isn't Nigerian streets. But this is the reality out there.

Get used to the Buharist movement. Your tears will flow more.

Lol. Twitter ke..A man that has banned everybody not supporting SaiBaba on his timeline is now your standard. I just dey sorry for una

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Lol. Twitter ke..A man that has banned everybody not supporting SaiBaba on his timeline is now your standard. I just dey sorry for una

Lmao Bashir Masur is a PDP man. You can lie for the universe o.

Chai

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by gare(f): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
WHAT DID YOU SMOKE ?
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Lmao Bashir Masur is a PDP man. You can lie for the universe o.

Chai

Even omojuwa conducted a poll recently and Atiku finished Buhari.

Infact even here on nairaland,a stone won Buhari...

What was your point again?
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Even omojuwa conducted a poll recently and Atiku finished Buhari.

Infact even here on nairaland,a stone won Buhari...

What was your point again?

Thanks to ipobians who are sitting back calling fellow IBOs who support Buhari unprintable names while the south south are repositioning wisely to the centre.

Their mental marginalization is their bane.

Same here on nairaland. We know those who voted are them same way they conducted a poll and Fayose won online but lost in reality. Same way the conducted other polls and won online but lost in reality.

3 online polls and 3 online wins but the reality on ground made them loose 3 PDP states.

We will keep Nigerian clean

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by vankaid: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Thanks to ipobians who are sitting back calling fellow IBOs who support Buhari unprintable names while the south south are repositioning wisely to the centre.

Same here on nairaland. We know those who voted are them same way they conducted a poll and Fayose won online but lost in reality. Same way the conducted other polls and won online but lost in reality.

3 online polls and 3 online wins but the reality on ground made them loose 3 PDP states.

Are you OK?
You are just contradicting your self up and down.
First you waved polls on our faces and when you were killed there, you started going against it.

I guess it's not easy keeping up with multiple view points you guys maintain simultaneously in your line of work at the BMC.
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Going by this yoir logic....online pools don't matter abi? So why did you bring the issue of online pool here in the first place? Are you sure everything is okay with you?
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Going by this yoir logic....online pools don't matter abi? So why did you bring the issue of online pool here in the first place? Are you sure everything is okay with you?

Going by my logic I simply reversed your logic. Read what I wrote again because its clear you didn't get it
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
vankaid:

Are you OK?
You are just contradicting your self up and down.
First you waved polls on our faces and when you were killed there, you started going against it.

I guess it's not easy keeping up with multiple view points you guys maintain simultaneously in your line of work at the BMC.

I tire for the guy o. .Lol.

Zombie work no easy..

1 Share

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Going by my logic I simply reversed your logic. Read what I wrote again because its clear you didn't get it

LMAO. Guy, go and play with sarrkis and zombies...
You are confused!
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

LMAO. Guy, go and play with sarrkis and zombies...
You are confused!

Read what I wrote again. I am not as dull as ipobians are.

Some of us analytically trump the best of you who are simply blinded by emotions.

Can you tell me the agenda if PDP politically besides Buhari must go.

Just one is all I want to read

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Read what I wrote again. I am not as dull as ipobians are.

Some of us analytically trump the best of you who are simply blinded by emotions.

Can you tell me the agenda if PDP politically besides Buhari must go.

Just one is all I want to read

You keep diving from one topic to another...no wahala i dey with you..

What was Buharis agenda before 2015 elections?
"If I don't become President, by God, dogs, baboons and zombies would be soaked in blood". What was his agenda?
Calm down, this is the end of the road for SaiBaba.

Buhari must go is more than enough agenda if you ask me..
Driving the problem of Nigeria home is more than enough.
Driving a man that made millions of Nigerians lose jobs is enough.
Driving a tyrant home is enough..
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Chai lots of stupidity flowing in you.

Can you show me where he said that? I recall he spoke hausa.

The exact words used by Buhari were "kare jini, biri jini", which is a daily Hausa proverb which means "it’s going be a fight to the finish"

I speak and understand much of Hausa so I know. And if you don't believe me then go ahead and ask an Hausa man for its interpretation.

A lot of you believe anything you are told even when it is clearly a bold faced lie all thanks to social media.

Keep doing rinse and repeat by following what Reuben Abatti said

LMAO. Well I wasn't expecting truth from you before sha...so no need.

Buhari said you all would be soaked in blood if he didn't win.
Goidluck was asked what he would do if he loses, Jonathon said he would go home..
Buhari was asked same question and guess what he said..He said he can't lose. That if he does you all would be soaked in blood...

This one na old gist na...we already know bohary. We know he won't accept defeat in 2019 and we are alrady making arrangements regarding that outcome...
Somebody that lost election by over 10million votes in 2011, yet said he won...LMAO.
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

LMAO. Well I wasn't expecting truth from you before sha...so no need.

Buhari said you are would be soaked in blood if he didn't win.
Goidluck was asked what he would do if he loses, Jonathon said he would go home..
Buhari was asked same question and guess what he said..He said he can't lose. That if he does you all would be soaked in blood...

This one na old gist na...we already know bohary. We know he won't accept defeat in 2019 and we are alrady making arrangements regarding that outcome...
Somebody that lost election by over 100million votes in 2011, yet said he won...LMAO.

Have you asked an hausa man for the interpretation yet? grin

Your lies are old school
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Have you asked an hausa man for the interpretation yet? grin

Your lies are old school

King of liars..
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by Butterflyleo: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

King of liars..

Have you asked? grin
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by wingmanII: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Trash! Bunkum! Rubbish.
Beer parlor gist. Only a low IQ idiot can conjure such a silly tale.
Prosecute Daura so that the truth will emerge.
Re: The Untold Story Of DSS Blockade Of The National Assembly. by dlondonbadboy: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Have you asked? grin

Ask what I already know? Ask if a tyrant said what he said? Mtcheeew..
It's your job to lie...so continue.

There were people who hailed Abacha when he was head of State. People like you worshipped and defended Abacha...so we Nigerians are not surprised that pppl like you exist...

(1) (2) (Reply)

OBIANO Is Not Paying Full Salary. VANGUARD. / CAN Is Pampering Berom Christian Terrorists- Muric / First Victim Of APC Next Level Campaign- Graphic Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.