Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:45 PM

INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election (12009 Views)

PDP Leaders Attacked By Police During Osun Election Protest (Photos) / APC Vs PDP: Fani-kayode Blows Hot, Reveals What Happened During Osun Rerun / Man Sleeping During Osun Election Results Announcement By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Johnnyessence(m): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2018
tomakint:
This must be firmly resisted by this biased umpire
It will be resisted on every side. everything will be recorded.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Patrioticooduan: 10:06am On Aug 10, 2018
Johnnyessence:
you never tired to reply me. let me come and be going.
Of course you have to. Ekiti election taught you a very deep lesson - stop boasting!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Johnnyessence(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Of course you have to. Ekiti election taught you a very deep lesson - stop boasting!
let me continue to smile.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by farem: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2018
*A* *girl* *posted* *on* *her* *whatsap* *status* *that* *what* *God* *has* *given* *to* *her* *no*
*body* *will* *take* *it* *away* *from* *her* .

*Then* *i* *commented* WHERE *IS* *YOUR* *VIRGINITY*?
*She* *blocked* *me* *instantly!*
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Minjim: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2018
Johnnyessence:
the likes of premiumtimes newspaper snap results and post it online for people to see.

Hold ur horse. Only the voters cant bring phones , journalists can record the the election
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by otokx(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2018
They should allow the use of phones.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by ComrDonSplash(m): 10:12am On Aug 10, 2018
Crocky23:
This is a ploy by APC to rig the election by stopping any photographic evidence.

Bros you d vex oh! How APC take enter the matter now?
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Johnnyessence(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2018
Minjim:

Hold ur horse. Only the voters cant bring phones , journalists can record the the election
lol i brought my phone in the last governorship election, and also this year election too, i will bring it out and record the process. result recorded and collation too. so no stress please.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by donb06: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2018
hope it will be for good..... if not they should not continue with such... anyway

are you into music production or a D.J and you want to take your career to the next level, then you have to get World class equipments like

STUDIO MONITORS, DIGITAL MIXERS, STUDIO MICROPHONES, DJ CONTROLLERS, SOUNDCARDS, ISOLATION WALLS, MIDI AND MINI KEYBOARDS, DRUM PADS, ETC at affordable prices. you are just a click away..

for D.J CONTROLLERS visit : https://www.gopandy.com/product-category/studio-gear/dj-controller/?ref=4

for SOUNDCARDS : https://www.gopandy.com/?ref=4&post_type=product&s=soundcard

for assorted KEYBOARDS both ( MIDI & MINI) : https://www.gopandy.com/?ref=4&post_type=product&s=keyboard

for brilliant MIXERS : https://www.gopandy.com/?ref=4&post_type=product&s=mixer

for DRUM PADS : https://www.gopandy.com/?ref=4&post_type=product&s=drum++pad..

CALL OR WHATSAPP 09039444542 for more info.

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Guk: 10:30am On Aug 10, 2018
Dear fellow Nigerians, let us process things reasonably and intelligently before we response.

(1) By electoral law, we run a SECRET BALLOT system therefore you are not allowed to record and reveal your voting choice to the public.

(2) If you want OPEN BALLOT, then prevail on your Senator and House of Rep member to revise the electoral law but instead of doing that, you are excited about defections. The only excitement any right thinking Nigerian should have about defections is that a vacuum has been created for useful people like you and I to fill but alas, we are choosing side as if it's football match. It's our future you know.

(3) Option A4 Open BALLOT system was used during MKO Abiola"s election and that made rigging minimal as you openly line up behind the poster of your preferred candidate and the numbers were counted in the full glare of everyone and that's why results were know as early as possible before IBB stopped the release.

Please fight the right fight and don't expend your energy unnecessarily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Ndonu101: 10:30am On Aug 10, 2018
nonsense

they are trying to cover up their failures

I don't see how this is progress
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by thatigboman: 10:34am On Aug 10, 2018
The perfect plan for the perfect rigging has just been activated
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by edibobo: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2018
waoooh this is animalistic.

Who cursed this Nation ?

So we are subjected to this ?

Where are we heading to ?

Where is the Apostle of Transparency ?

APC and Election Rigging is 5/6

We should stand and reject this move or Option A4
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Abeyjide: 10:43am On Aug 10, 2018
Crocky23:
This is a ploy by APC to rig the election by stopping any photographic evidence.

This is to prevent vote buying. people snap their ballot paper showing the party they voted for in order to get money in return.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by omoiyalayi(m): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2018
Many nairalanders are dumb, illiterate or just been mischievous is polling unit not different from polling booth?

The same people criticizing ekiti vote buying are the same people against this move by inec to stop it

Abi how does politicians pay for vote?

Is it not after you have voted and you take the picture of the party you vote for & show them that you get paid?

Even if an electorate decided to vote for a party of his choice he/she will be forced to vote for the party that will pay money

But now it's different you can collect their money & still vote ur conscience

There won't be any evidence you didn’t vote for them

Those of you shouting they don't want you to snap results sheet you can do that but your phone will not follow you to polling booth

Polling booth not polling unit

Be guided

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Cjrane2: 10:59am On Aug 10, 2018
Buhari and INEC are trying soooo hard to rig the elections so that there is no proof of their massive rigging.

People should disregard the useless ban and even sue INEC for infringement on peoples' fundamental rights and the plot to disenfranchise them if they didn't comply

Nigerians should take pictures of result sheets in their polling center. It is public document

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Atunga: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2018
omoiyalayi:
Many nairalanders are dumb, illiterate or just been mischievous is polling unit not different from polling booth?

The same people criticizing ekiti vote buying are the same people against this move by inec to stop it

Abi how does politicians pay for vote?

Is it not after you have voted and you take the picture of the party you vote for & show them that you get paid?

Even if an electorate decided to vote for a party of his choice he/she will be forced to vote for the party that will pay money

But now it's different you can collect their money & still vote ur conscience

There won't be any evidence you didn’t vote for them

Those of you shouting they don't want you to snap results sheet you can do that but your phone will not follow you to polling booth

Polling booth not polling unit

Be guided

The most sensible post on this topic so far.

Phones will not be allowed at polling booths not polling units. You can snap any other things but not you thumb-printed ballot papers. I wonder if the people kicking against this are the people planning to sell their votes on election day.

You
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by madridguy(m): 11:06am On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks for this insightful comment.

Guk:
Dear fellow Nigerians, let us process things reasonably and intelligently before we response.

(1) By electoral law, we run a SECRET BALLOT system therefore you are not allowed to record and reveal your voting choice to the public.

(2) If you want OPEN BALLOT, then prevail on your Senator and House of Rep member to revise the electoral law but instead of doing that, you are excited about defections. The only excitement any right thinking Nigerian should have about defections is that a vacuum has been created for useful people like you and I to fill but alas, we are choosing side as if it's football match. It's our future you know.

(3) Option A4 Open BALLOT system was used during MKO Abiola"s election and that made rigging minimal as you openly line up behind the poster of your preferred candidate and the numbers were counted in the full glare of everyone and that's why results were know as early as possible before IBB stopped the release.

Please fight the right fight and don't expend your energy unnecessarily
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Yankee101: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2018
Na. We need to record all irregularities
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by mbaodohgreatest: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Flat.head, learn to mind your business. Look at the way your people were crying because PDP lost Ekiti state. You talk like you know Yoruba than themselves. I remember telling one flat.head that APC would win Ekiti, but he refused to listen, only for him to start opening threads about the election that was not his business. I am certain APC will win. I know you Ibos will start crying very soon. Always poking their nose into Yoruba affairs.
Spit on your flat.head
guy there is too much hate in u.every of ur statement has been just too abusive and u say apc na gud party. I pity all this blind followers
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by maxzzo1(m): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2018
Inec daz madness
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by isaacojih: 11:32am On Aug 10, 2018
APC are on it again, the want to stop using of phones at the polling unit because of their evil and rigging plans, the know that if phones are allowed to be used at the polling, people will use it to capture any rigging moves.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Tundeobama(m): 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
isaacojih:
APC are on it again, the want to stop using of phones at the polling unit because of their evil and rigging plans, the know that if phones are allowed to be used at the polling, people will use it to capture any rigging moves.
it will be dumb for Apc to rig even me who planned voting pdp at state level with dat rubbish candidate of pdp is a sure loose in osun.
Apc will win massive we all know the fact.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Riunite1: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
please I am compelled to speak up about what is happening in Abia state.
the INEC registration center for Aba south and Aba north just to mention a few has been moved to Obingwa LGA and people who were able to reach there had there fingers snapped with a camera instead
of tumb printing
please something is happening in Abia state

Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by ojtech8291: 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
We must go against this one as fast as possible. We are even finding a way to make it more convenient to get the original electoral processes but you want to take us backward. This is absolute nonsensical and it must stop.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Switruth: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
A very lame excuse. You forgot that not only phones that have cameras.
Re: INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election by Omeokachie: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
Is APC a curse or are we the cause?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kebbi Women And Youths Shun Atiku, Rally For Olawepo Hashim / AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President / Four States To Understudy Operations Of Lagos Justice Ministry (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.