Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Mental Disorders You Don't Know - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mental Disorders You Don't Know (27450 Views)

Mental Disorders, Suicide Rate, Higher Among Health Workers – Psychiatrist / 20-30% Of Nigerians Are Suffering Mental Disorders – Nigerian Govt / Doctor Olufunmilayo: "3 Minutes Is Enough For Sex, You Don't Need Drugs At All" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Thermodynamics(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
Being Gay is also a mental disorder.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Wilson125(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
I think i experience all of these..
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Springdale: 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Zombies disorder

BMC crew grin

1 Like

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Chibuzoc(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
Free madness grin grin
You know wetin you de do but wetin de do you, you no know tongue tongue
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by EbuGeneral(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
When I do my MSc in clinical psychology, I'll get to know many and more of these disorders.

I'll even theorize the Z0mbie disorder syndrome suffered by many Nigerians.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Tori46(f): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
I have OCD[color=][/color][color=#000099][/color] cry I wash my hands and legs more than three times a day especially when I go out cry cry
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Mcy56(f): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
Pharaoh001:
I'll never judge a man based on his first round sad
Of course, it must be a persistent behaviour observed in more than one context and by more than one person before it could be classified as a disorder.
A very educative topic that needs be paid serious attention. Some people dont know they have disorders and needs to seek professional help when symptoms persists.

1 Like

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
Timely article. Now i know what ails JackBizzle and wereypey...
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by InvertedHammer: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2018
/
If you come to the clinic and complain of being fulfilled in life and always happy, you definitely will get prescription against "overhappiness". Just like political correctness, medical diagnosis has gone overboard.

/

2 Likes

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by cosmos1440: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2018
which type is PDP supporters suffering from ?

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by JackBizzle: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ishilove:
Timely article. Now i know what ails JackBizzle and wereypey...

Classic projection. You are the one with mental problems. Please, try not to mention me.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Eziokwugbaoto: 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
Scientists are yet to classify the mental disorder our polithiefians are suffering from.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
in that case we are all mad people with disorder but we dont know... we still think we have sense...lol

1 Like

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Ishilove: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
JackBizzle and wereypey: poster children for BPD. Bipolar Personality Disorder
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
The heat and rot in Nigeria is enough for one to develop one form of disorder... may we not pick komkom on the streets IJN Amen.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Fvcknames: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
presentley:
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

People with OCD obsess over thoughts, urges, or images. The things they can’t let go of cause anxiety and their compulsions are an attempt to reduce this anxiety. Cleaning is one obsession most commonly known as simply organising things. People with OCD understand their obsessions don’t make sense but they feel they can’t control them.

They feel they can't control them? Feel? It wasn't supposed to to there in the first place.
When you have ocd you just have to do the action you are obsessed with, if not you start getting really anxious, your heart rate increases, ur breathing is no longer uniform e.t.c till you carry out d action
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by labake1(f): 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by JackBizzle: 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ishilove:
JackBizzle and wereypey: poster children for BPD. Bipolar Personality Disorder

Lol.....sayeth the religious nutjob.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Awoo88: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
All of these mental diseases are bad. Dr dre has that social anxiety or something. He is always worried about how people sees him.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by gaby(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2018
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/131325

You should have included narcissistic personality disorder too. I am particular about this because I witness it on a daily.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder centers around talk therapy (psychotherapy).
Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
Take advantage of others to get what they want
Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Be envious of others and believe others envy them
Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by grandstar(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
I've had Social Anxiety Disorder for years.

Still, life goes on

1 Like

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by shenisaac(m): 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
Lukenitheooo6:
so madness get species

Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by InTime(m): 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
What's Of Paraphilia's Like Pedophilia And Other Philia's At OP
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by InTime(m): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
Wilson125:
I think i experience all of these..
Which One
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by osazsky(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
op u forgot this one,anybody that still supports this buhari government definitely has mental disorder ,this should be first on ur list not those poo u typed, wat of isomnia
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
I think I have SAD cry cry
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by weyreypey: 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ishilove:
ishilove and ishilove: poster children for BPD. Bipolar Personality Disorder
Fixed.
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by weyreypey: 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
JackBizzle:

Lol.....sayeth the religious nutjob.
Oh I'm glad that not only me identifies ishilove for what she is
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by haffaze777(m): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

I won't reply you with insults because i am different.

I would leave people to judge. You created 12 monikers today just for me.

You need this article badly.

I reported you simply because you boasted of raping the kids of your neighbours and getting away with it.

I hope you eventually get the psychiatric help you need badly

brother I ain't him
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by BlackPantherxXx: 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
haffaze777:

brother I ain't him

My sincere apologies, i know you are definitely not him, your name just happens to be in the middle.

Would send the one which doesn't have your name on the list. My sincere apologies again.

i fiixed it
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by ikorodureporta: 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Mental Disorders You Don't Know by Caseless: 1:09am On Aug 12, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
Let me give a good example.

Someone here boasted of raping kids and getting away with it on at least 10 out of his 50 monikers.

I felt it was disturbing and reported him to MODs. The Mods investigated and banned at least 7 of his monikers.

He subsequently created 13 monikers just for me today.

He abuses Buhari & tribes, i don't care, that's a personal opinion. But i cant just condone pedopihilia.

One of his many monikers include Isaabubakar. His mantras are "kiss the truth", "thunder fire buhari", "trash trash".
that one na person? He has names like "bloodykiller, bloodyassassin, buharimustdie, opiaoku, etc". He's not okay. Don't waste your time on him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HELP ME!! An Unnatural Smell Causes Anyone Within 50 Yards Of Me To Flee. / Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola / Two Male Staff Of Home Best Hotel Die In Their Sleep In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.