Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo (792 Views)

I Do Swear That I Won't Allow Personal Interests Influence My Conduct. - Tinubu / Soyinka Challenges Labour Party's Datti To Live Debate On TV / "Obasanjo Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex" - Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by Correctgist(f): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2018
Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, has challenged former President Olusegun Obasanjo to swear that he never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification while he presided over the affairs of Nigeria.
Soyinka spoke in his Interventions VIII series, titled: ‘Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?’ meaning “Gani’s Unfinished Business,” launched recently in Lagos, south-west Nigeria.
He said Obasanjo knows him so well that he does not make accusations lightly and that he despises snide insinuations.
“I now challenge you (Obasanjo) to search your soul, very deeply, and swear to this nation that you never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification,” Soyinka said.
“I do not make accusations lightly and I despise snide insinuations. I believe you know me well enough. And I am no prude, I am not a hypocrite of sexual desire, nor am I interested in the seamy side of Power. Take your time, think deeply and remember that each day brings you closer and closer to your Maker and the Day of Judgment-going by your own professions.”
Soyinka made reference to a letter written to Obasanjo by Abubakar Umar, in which the former military governor accused Obasanjo of awarding oil block indiscriminately and illegally.
The literary scholar said sex-for-grades as a solution to burdensome energy seemed to have become the practice, saying that even when Donald Trump and Bill Clinton were accused of sexual misconduct, no one ever accused them of using their nation’s assets for a romp.
“If I denounce you (Obasanjo) as a degenerate in need of help, remember that I do not require fiction,” he said.
“Verifiable truth is solemnly at my disposal. I do not concoct a thousand snipers for a thousand listed enemies of governance-one of the most impudent egregious fantasies ever manufactured by a former ruler, simply to destroy a successor and persuade oneself that one is a maker and breaker of governments.”
Soyinka also said during Obasanjo’s celebration of the 10th anniversary of his presidential library, the former president accused him of blocking his ambitions to become the secretary-general of the United Nations.
“Could someone please stop crediting me with that level of international clout? Of course, I feel totally content and fulfilled with my contribution to that operation to ‘save our world’ from the clutches of a predator, sadist and liar-convincing evidence of which we provided in our successful diplomatic offensive-but the umbrage should also go to that very Femi Falana and the late Beko Ransome-Kuti, with whom I worked in close collaboration,” he said.
Soyinka also said that under Obasanjo’s watch, and with proven collaboration, an elected governor was kidnapped, locked in a toilet and held there under duress to force him to sign cheques on the state treasury, saying that “he escaped confinement, thanks to a sympathetic policeman , but the state went up in flames. The state radio and television houses were torched. The house of assembly and the law courts—my own special preserve-were vandalized. Who did you say was president at that time?”

From Zenithnaija.com

More below;

https://zenithnaija.com/swear-that-you-never-awarded-oil-blocks-for-sex-soyinka-challenges-obasanjo/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

1 Like

Re: ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by Goodness4525: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2018
wells our likes suffer for,in exchange for sex God is watching
Re: ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by cornoil(m): 8:14am On Aug 12, 2018
that puzzy wey fork to get. oil well should be celebrated as an achiever. The puzzy na golden and successful one. Na ordinary suya and bottle of stout dem use for many.
Re: ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by meezynetwork(m): 8:16am On Aug 12, 2018
Hmmm. I know the women
Re: ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by ifex370(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2018
meezynetwork:
Hmmm. I know the women

What are you now trying to say? grin

God cannot give someone oil block in peace again
Re: ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by blujoi(m): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2018
Soyinka is forever a thorn in Obasanjo’s flesh. Thank God these revelations are coming now while he is alive. Of course Obj in his conceited nature will ignore Soyinka, but will be vocal telling us how corrupt Atiku is! Obj is one big hypocrite and a criminal. Please expose him more
Re: ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by femidejulius(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2018
It is not news that Soyinka and Obasanjo are sworn enemies with Soyinka often accusing Obasanjo of several things while Obasanjo hardly reply.

It is also no news that both old men lack integrity.

Soyinka boosted he was going to tear his green card if Donald Trump win in the US but he couldn't when he won. Soyinka asked Nigerians to support Buhari against Jonathan but is Buhari any better?

In Obasanjo's case, his lust for third term is one of his handiworks. That he has continued to deny it even though those in his cabinet confirmed it is even hilarious.
Re: ‘swear That You Never Awarded Oil Blocks For Sex’ – Soyinka Challenges Obasanjo by Fatherofdragons: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2018
Look at them, two afonjas fighting.

Trouble in the wild wild waste

This ppl despise themselves ehhh

Tufia

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: PDP Agents Reacts To Results In Bauchi Senatorial Election / Rev King For President 2019 Posters Flood Lagos / Oby Ezekwezili Presided Over PACT Election Adjudged To Be Fraudulent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.