Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,422 members, 7,836,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. (783 Views)

Two Aspirants For Senate President, Speaker Offered $1million Per Vote- APC Gov / Buhari Commissions State, Federal Projects, Participates At APC Nasarawa Rally / Powerful Images From The Kogi Elections 2019. Graphic Images Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2018
They Shared THREE ONIONS each for votes in the Federal Constituency bye election in Kogi State. This is how lowly Politicians view Nigerians. What an insult!

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsimaOdeh/status/1028266949074198528

https://www.google.com/search?oe=utf-8&hl=en-US&client=ms-alps-full_h533_a1-ng&q=onions+for+votes&qsubts=1534073537590&source=browser-type&devloc=0

Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Shelumiel: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2018
Don't blame the politicians; blame the masses for selling themselves cheap .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2018
Shelumiel:

Why do they even allow them to share things in polling units? Is it legal?
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by naijapips04: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2018
Shelumiel:

Blame the politicians for improvising us so much that we have no choice but to sell our votes for a plate of food.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Shelumiel: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

Why do they even allow them to share things in polling units? Is it legal?
It is illegal, but we are living in a lawless nation , so how do you expect things to be ?
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2018
naijapips04:

Blame the politicians for improvising us so much that we have no choice but to sell our votes for a plate of food.

I served in Kogi State six years ago, it was a sad experience for me because they affirmed the theories of Inequalities I learned over the years studying Economics. I watched my students chew Garri in the morning, soak it in the afternoon and living below $1per day ceased to be a myth to me.
And from what I heard, Captain Ichalla Wadda is a thousand times better than the current governor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Gorem2013: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2018
Stop consoling yourself. Check Cross River Hos election conducted by state electoral commission and understand that Nigerian are becoming wiser daily. For APC to poll more than 25% there should tell PDP their current strategy is flawed
Or maybe APC share pepper.

I haven't heard PDP saying anything they will do differently all you hear is Buhari this Buhari that. For 16years Nigerian were patient with you but you destroy everything

Now those destroyer who moved to APC and was glaring they were the cog in wheel of progress are returning to you. You welcomed them with funfair and made them parry leader.

Then you allow drug addicts like ffk to insult Fulanis and Muslim. Meanwhile all your presidential candidate are mostly Fulanis and Muslim. Tell me the wisdom in what you are doing.

Tell me what you bring to the table than just social media ranting and useless likes you celebrate up and down. No direction, no plan , ready to dine with just anyone in desperation to return to power. Lazy set of people
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Shelumiel: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2018
naijapips04:

Wrong !The masses are to be blame . How can you sell your vote for just 3 bulbs of onions ? Would those three bulbs solve today's problem ? What about tomorrow's. ..and the day after , would those 3bulbs or whatever that was offered find lasting solutions to your permanent problems ? No!!!
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Shelumiel: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

I served in Kogi State six years ago, it was a sad experience for me because they affirmed the theories of Inequalities I learned over the years studying Economics. I watched my students chew Garri in the morning, soak it in the afternoon and living below $1per day ceased to be a myth to me.
And from what I heard, Captain Ichalla Wadda is a thousand times better than the current governor.
How sure are you ? See , until a man is given power , never vouch for him because you will be greatly disappointed .
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by naijapips04: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

My brother is it the same man that is chewing garri to survive that you want to come and start preaching to him not to sell his vote for a plate of onion stew? We have retrogressed as a nation and the politicians want to keep us that way.
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by naijapips04: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2018
Shelumiel:
Wrong !The masses are to be blame . How can you sell your vote for just 3 bulbs of onions ? Would those three bulbs solve today's problem ? What about tomorrow's. ..and the day after , would those 3bulbs or whatever that was offered find lasting solutions to your permanent problems ? No!!!

You have to survive today before you can think of tomorrow.
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Shelumiel: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2018
naijapips04:

You have to survive today before you can think of tomorrow.
It is only a fool that thinks of today but neglects tomorrow . Nigerians are being foolish by thinking only of today ; what food they will eat today; or how much they will make today. But what about tomorrow , and the day after ...what about the unborn ? Our children will curse us if we keep thinking about today only ...

1 Like

Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2018
Shelumiel:
How sure are you ? See , until a man is given power , never vouch for him because you will be greatly disappointed .

Idris Wada was the then Governor when I served in Kogi State. The current governor has impoverished the state. He is owing 15 months salary.
That explains the reason why he is the number one minion of PMB........... Very disappointing from a young governor who should have been a bastion of effective leadership and a good example why the youth should be given more opportunity.
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2018
naijapips04:

My brother is it the same man that is chewing garri to survive that you want to come and start preaching to him not to sell his vote for a plate of onion stew? We have retrogressed as a nation and the politicians want to keep us that way.

This is so sad but statements like this leaves us with no hope. Why can decide to starve today that we may have plenty to eat tomorrow.
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Shelumiel: 11:49am On Aug 12, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

Idris Wada was the then Governor when I served in Kogi State. The current governor has impoverished the state. He is owing 15 months salary.
That explains the reason why he is the number one minion of PMB........... Very disappointing from a young governor who should have been a bastion of effective leadership and a good example why the youth should be given more opportunity.
The Kogites voted Yahaya Bello. So whose fault is it? Experience should have taught them that this man (and his party ) do not have the interest of the masses at heart . Rather , they are only interested in laying burdens on the already overburdened masses of Kogi

1 Like

Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by nijabazaar: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

Thats why they would make pvc available to these Impoverished people than to the more educated in the south. I am in Anambra, and have been queuing for days to get pic while I heard others up north got theirs in a jiffy. The poor people can easily be coerced to sell their votes at the sight of food...

It's going to be a vicious cycle. And our worst nightmares might still continue. The bad politicians and Buhari will still return. Poor and ill exposed people will always be pawns in the hands of the politicians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by VivaDeAngelo(m): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
nijabazaar:

Thats why they would make pvc available to these Impoverished people than to the more educated in the south. I am in Anambra, and have been queuing for days to get pic while I heard others up north got theirs in a jiffy. The poor people can easily be coerced to sell their votes at the sight of food...

It's going to be a vicious cycle. And our worst nightmares might still continue. The bad politicians and Buhari will still return. Poor and ill exposed people will always be pawns in the hands of the politicians

I had the same experience too in Abia. Many people went back to their offices to continue their days job because only two INEC Ad-hoc Staff were designated to register voters. The sight of crowd will easily make you change your mind about voting.
Re: How Three Onions Per Vote Won The Kogi State Federal Constituency Bye Election. by Lanretoye(m): 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
If you don't collect the onion, they will still win.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Group Urges PDP To Field Saraki, Ekweremadu / ''oshiomole Who Called Omisore A Murderer, Has Offered Him N450m — FFK / TVC NEWS - “The Lagos APC Primary Election Was Free And Fair” – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.