Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (205560 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Akainzo(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2010
Guys, me believe Mugabe can and would give Munya the 300,000 dollars. The only thing is, as Nigerians, we are thinking US Dollars when in actual fact Mugabe is talking about Zimbabwean Dollars.

300,000 Z$ = 1,000 US$ grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by HamidO1(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2010
Akainzo:

Guys, me believe Mugabe can and would give Munya the 300,000 dollars. The only thing is, as Nigerians, we are thinking US Dollars when in actual fact Mugabe is talking about Zimbabwean Dollars.

LOL, una no go kill us. So hw much will 200,000 US dollars be in Zimbabwean dollars??
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by v24m(f): 10:44am On Oct 22, 2010
Akainzo:

grin grin grin grin well na im be say na im secret money be dat weh dem refund. Meanwhile guys Uti is back in the country.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Akainzo(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2010
Hamid O:

LOL, una no go kill us. So hw much will 200,000 US dollars be in Zimbabwean dollars??

200,000.00 USD = 72,360,000 ZMD
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2010
Hey guys some pics from Uti's Arrival yesterday night.

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:22am On Oct 22, 2010
more!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2010
Guys take a good look at the back of the T-shirt. ABEG, ABEG, ABEG is now official, Uti has Utilized ABEG ABEG ABEG,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by HamidO1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2010
Akainzo:

200,000.00 USD = 72,360,000 ZMD

Guy, Munya might just overthrow Mugabe with this o,
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by HamidO1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2010
@Screendiva, thanks for the pictures, I really can't get enough of Uti. Still having BB hangover
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2010
Nice pictures, its weird how much i have missed seeing Uti's face of which my boyfriend is threatening to breakup with me cos of this obsession with Uti, lol Ajibade is a good friend, dude has really tried for Uti
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by v24m(f): 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2010
Hamid O:

@Screendiva, thanks for the pictures, I really can't get enough of Uti. Still having BB hangover

Same here cant seem to get over ds dude grin grin grin geez am not supposed to be having a crush at this age. Abeg abeg abeg leave ma lyyyfeee to be.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^ You are welcome guys.

I saw on Wikipedia that Multichoice compensated Munya as the 1st runner up but i do not know how true:

Munya had 7 votes as runner-up making Uti with 8 votes the winner. Although Munya lost a consortium of business people from Zimbabwe gave [7]Munya US$300 000 as they felt he deserved to win the price money and the voting system was flawed. Following within these events, Multichoice also arranged a consolation price for him.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2010
Laugh it off guys, Mixed reactions from the Allstars housemates when Uti won. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by GTay(m): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^ lol grin. Was hoping to see Sheila's comment but you cropped her off the pix sad
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2010
that had me in stitches  grin  ,about consolation prize from mnet that's definitely a mistake on Wikipedia's part
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2010
Guys!!!! any info on on any of the interview Uti has had with any Radio or TV stations yet
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
Sheila blames escapades with Tatiana on the alcohol - ''It was nothing sexual''

http://www.ameyawdebrah.com/2010/10/21/sheila-blames-escapades-with-tatiana-on-the-alcohol-%E2%80%9Cit-was-nothing-sexual%E2%80%9D/
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by orishi: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2010
Looking foward. N###ice programm
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2010
ScreenDiva:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ You are welcome guys.

I saw on Wikipedia that Multichoice compensated Munya as the 1st runner up but i do not know how true:

Munya had 7 votes as runner-up making Uti with 8 votes the winner. Although Munya lost a consortium of business people from Zimbabwe gave [7]Munya US$300 000 as they felt he deserved to win the price money and the voting system was flawed. Following within these events, Multichoice also arranged a consolation price for him.
Wikipedia information is user-editable. Virtually anyone can add or remove what they want.
These Zimbabweans should give this thing a rest already. Sore losers.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^ Uti was on beat fm dis morning around 8. It was a fun and short conversation with Olisa Adibua n Rhecks hosting. He sounded tired but was still able to entertain and thanked his fans. He was asked how he felt looking at Munya when his name was announced as d winner, he said he thought of asking Munya "are you still challenging me Mr Challenger" but didnt because he felt for him when he saw his (famous)reaction. He intelligently dodged talking about his present status with Sheila but was quick to defend her when a fan commented via beatfm facebook page that Sheila is not good for him. He talked about his friendship with Lerato, Mwisho and Meryl and his plan of reaching out to them. He listed entering the house, the fun tasks, the arena games, when Sheila returned back to the house as his highlights of the show. He was asked which he preferred doing between movies and music, he said both but movies comes easy for him. He said his music album will probably drop in December but also said he's very tired and its possible they might shift it to sometime next year. He said he will still be doing his modelling, tv presenting and go more into movies. He joked about perfecting the National Anthem before singing it when he won. He was also asked why he cried for Sheila when she was evicted and he said everything about how close they were and heartbroken he was with her eviction and everything else about her relationship wit him in the house that we know already. Beat fm surprised him by playing his new song Once in my life featuring M-trill. He was really surprised and asked how they got the music, he also told them to give him feedback about what people think about the song.

His eviction party is tonight. He'll probably be on Nta's Am express tomorrow. He will also be signing autographs tomorrow at the Silverbird Galleria by 2pm. I think he will be leaving for Delta state either tomorrow or Sunday. Uti's schedule is very tight at the moment and he's hot property presently. We are still trying to reach him to acknowledge the support and love he got from Nairalanders. Guys, am off to his party and will catch up later.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by emmadinoyi: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^^^pls come back with jists and pics for us wey dey Abuja oooooooooooo
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2010
fellis:

Wikipedia information is user-editable. Virtually anyone can add or remove what they want.
These Zimbabweans should give this thing a rest already. Sore losers.
stankayy:

^^^ Uti was on beat fm dis morning around 8. It was a fun and short conversation with Olisa Adibua n Rhecks hosting. He sounded tired but was still able to entertain and thanked his fans. He was asked how he felt looking at Munya when his name was announced as d winner, he said he thought of asking Munya "are you still challenging me Mr Challenger" but didnt because he felt for him when he saw his (famous)reaction. He intelligently dodged talking about his present status with Sheila but was quick to defend her when a fan commented via beatfm facebook page that Sheila is not good for him. He talked about his friendship with Lerato, Mwisho and Meryl and his plan of reaching out to them. He listed entering the house, the fun tasks, the arena games, when Sheila returned back to the house as his highlights of the show. He was asked which he preferred doing between movies and music, he said both but movies comes easy for him. He said his music album will probably drop in December but also said he's very tired and its possible they might shift it to sometime next year. He said he will still be doing his modelling, tv presenting and go more into movies. He joked about perfecting the National Anthem before singing it when he won. He was also asked why he cried for Sheila when she was evicted and he said everything about how close they were and heartbroken he was with her eviction and everything else about her relationship wit him in the house that we know already. Beat fm surprised him by playing his new song Once in my life featuring M-trill. He was really surprised and asked how they got the music, he also told them to give him feedback about what people think about the song.

His eviction party is tonight. He'll probably be on Nta's Am express tomorrow. He will also be signing autographs tomorrow at the Silverbird Galleria by 2pm. I think he will be leaving for Delta state either tomorrow or Sunday. Uti's schedule is very tight at the moment and he's hot property presently. We are still trying to reach him to acknowledge the support and love he got from Nairalanders. Guys, am off to his party and will catch up later.

Nice one Stankayy, please come back with gist and pictures of the party.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2010
Chei!!!! Stankayy!!! I don miss ooo, i was hoping that i would catch up on his interview with Olisa but i guess i was too late!!!! i tuned in to Beat Fm at about 9am hoping Uti would need rest after coming in late last night, but i guess i was wrong.

On who to invite to Naija, I want him to invite Hannington and Yacob because these two guys were close to him in the house and their countries voted for him too. During Kevin's time, he did not invite these two because they were not close to him, Kevin invited the peeps Uti was never close to in the house (maybe that was why Kevin did not want to campaign for him initially).

Let him just buy Mwisho the Laptop and fashi the guy side joooo!!! BFF indeed. Did Tanzania vote for him and Meryl hisssssssssssss did we get Namibia's vote??

But i know that Uti has a kind heart and would invite everyone including MUNYA!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

@STANKAYYY
You better make sure you bring enough pictures and post them for us to see!! NGKAY
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2010
Later that evening, state television showed footage of Mr Mugabe handing over the $300,000 cheque, a third more than Mr Chidzonga would have got had he won the show in which contestants are voted off by viewers.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

It is being presented as some anti-Mugabe conspiracy by Mnet and the West”

End Quote Takura Zhangazha Political analyst

"From our point of view, for us, you were the winner," AFP news agency quoted Mr Mugabe as telling the Big Brother runner-up, who later said he was grateful and surprised by the handout.

Mr Zhangazha said it was all part of a Zanu-PF ploy to appeal to young middle-class voters, ahead of elections which could be as early as next year.

"They want to spin Munya's declared admiration of President Mugabe as evidence of the latter's reach to younger Zimbabweans," he said.

"They will use Munya as a mascot at rallies."

His loss has also been spun by Zanu-PF into the anti-sanctions debate, said Mr Zhangazha.

"It is being presented as some anti-Mugabe conspiracy by Mnet and the West."

source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11609963

this zim guys are all the same, seems they deserve the leadership they get! very vindictive and backward people!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by hillsate: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2010
Dear SAgirl, for all your effort in bba5, and your desire to hit naija, i finally found you a worthy husband, me. let me know if you are serious to be in naija.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by jejelolatu(f): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2010
hillsate:

Dear SAgirl, for all your effort in bba5, and your desire to hit naija, i finally found you a worthy husband, me. let me know if you are serious to be in naija.

Haha! Just like dat? Lol

Hey SAgirl, i suggest u look thru my previous posts for my e-mail addy nd buzz me b4 any further corresspondence on dis issue.

@ nlanders.
Any borry wiv info on hillsate shud speak o, magarism musnt occur on this special thread o. #nuffsaid.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by cameod: 10:53am On Oct 23, 2010
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Gunnergal: 11:28am On Oct 23, 2010
I miss BBA so much today!
Anyone with pictures from Uti's afterparty?Please post , I need them to soothe my BBA withdrawal symptoms
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2010
SAgirl! Look well well before you leap! Husband matter is not one to rush into oh! You must shine your eye well weLl!! Wish you all the best! We don't want to loose you as a Niger friend too soon
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2010
Hmmm, wasnt able to take pictures myself at Uti's party last nite but luckily a friend who's a professional photographer took. They're quite alot but would try to post as many as i can.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2010
to start with,

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2010
more,

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.