Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,904 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (802729 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dreambound(m): 12:08am On Jun 02, 2019
skdfu747:
US now seeking social media details from all visa applicants. shocked

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department is now requiring nearly all applicants for U.S. visas to submit their social media usernames, previous email addresses and phone numbers. grin

https://news.yahoo.com/us-now-seeking-social-media-details-visa-applicants-150538187--finance.html

They'll ask for our Nairaland usernames grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dreambound(m): 1:01am On Jun 02, 2019
It's like the new change only affects those that haven't yet completed the DS160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 2:21am On Jun 02, 2019
veinless:
good day,
pls i just paid for sives fee and am yet to complete my visa application, my school resumes august for fall 2019, pls can i stil get a favorable appointment date or am i late already?
kindly advise

The earliest date I am seeing for regular in Lagos is now 14th of August
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 2:28am On Jun 02, 2019
veinless:
good day,
pls i just paid for sives fee and am yet to complete my visa application, my school resumes august for fall 2019, pls can i stil get a favorable appointment date or am i late already?
kindly advise

Try to login to the site and see the earliest appointment date that will pop up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:01am On Jun 02, 2019
Oasishavenng:

The earliest date I am seeing for regular in Lagos is now 14th of August

Have you been denied Visa before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 7:32am On Jun 02, 2019
I specified that I worked in my DS160.

Why did they ask for your personal statement of account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 8:25am On Jun 02, 2019
Brown2Green:

Have you been denied Visa before?

2 years ago. If i click regular for visa priority it brings August 14 as earliest date, if i click denied within two months, it brings June 21 as the earliest date.
sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2019
bracelum:
It is better to keep a serious face (even when the VO is trying to be friendly), and get your visa approved than to relax and screw yourself up.
Those lines captured me....cheering words for people like us who are po-facedgringringrin

Pls, dear visa hopefuls, by any means, smile. But if you can't, nwanne 'kwechili" ...ibo guys can reckon with that slangy wordsmiley

And like Bracelum has pointed out, interview is such a serious business, don't lose guard!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kolping: 9:58am On Jun 02, 2019
US demands social media details from visa applicants
01 June 2019 US & Canada
BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48486672?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story

Nearly all applicants for US visas will have to submit their social media details under newly adopted rules.

The State Department regulations say people will have to submit social media names and five years' worth of email addresses and phone numbers.

When proposed last year, authorities estimated the proposal would affect 14.7 million people annually.

Certain diplomatic and official visa applicants will be exempt from the stringent new measures.

However, people travelling to the US to work or to study will have to hand over their information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Favourandgrace: 10:04am On Jun 02, 2019
Good morning everyone,

Please I have a bank of America statement of account, the person is based in Nigeria but is currently in the US for a masters degree. I would like to find out if there is no additional documentation to take to the embassy if you are using a foreign account.

Thank you and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kolping: 10:06am On Jun 02, 2019
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/446336-trump-admin-to-ask-most-us-visa-applicants-for-social-media-information?rnd=1559316643

TRUMP ADMINISTRATION TO ASK MOST US VISA APPLICANTS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA INFORMATION

The Trump administration will implement a new policy Friday asking most applicants for U.S. visas to provide information on their use of social media, a U.S. Department of State official tells Hill.TV

Most visa applicants, including temporary visitors, will be required to list their social media identifiers in a drop down menu along with other personal information.

Applicants will have the option to say that they do not use social media if that is the case. The official noted that if a visa applicant lies about social media use that they could face "serious immigration consequences" as a result.

For now, the drop down menu only includes major social media websites, but the official said applicants soon will be able to list all sites that they use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 10:48am On Jun 02, 2019
corrections 

Ajusted Mock Transcript

Vo- Good morning pass me your I-20, Sevis payment receipt 

Me- here you go 

Vo- why are you going to the USA

Me- for my master in computer science and quantity Metjods with concentration in mathematical finance at Austin peay state university Tennessee.

Vo- can you tell me about your program

Me- master in computer science and Quantitative method with concentration in mathematical finance is a 2year 33credit hour course program and it focus on key areas like regression analysis,numerical analysis, financial mathematics,stochastic process and probability 

Vo- how did you here about the school

Me- from a colleague who is an alumni and has been doing very fine ever since coming back and I later did further research on the program,fee and the city

Vo- how many school did you apply to 

Me- 3, wku,mtsu,Austin pea state university

Vo- why Austin Pea State University

Me- because Austin pea state university ofered me a GA that cover for the whole of my tuition they offered broad course in computer science and mathematical finance which will give me
Competitive edge and open alot career opportunity upon graduation aside that the school has a well curicullum that does not focus alone on the theoretical aspect of the course but alot of practical course work that would help boost my carrier going forward in the area of pension system administration, financial fraud investigation and consultancy.

Vo- what will you do after this degree

Me- I will be coming back to Nigeria to work with the Nigerian pension commission so that I can harness my creative energy toward solving the problems of delay or non-paymeny of our retiree gratuity and at some point in my career I will like to go into lecturing so that I can teach and motive young people willing to take up a job in pension administration.

Vo- what have you been doing after graduation

Me- I went for my compulsory NYSC from July 2012 thru June 2013 after which I got a job with resort S&L where i work for 4years as a bulk teller before I move to my current company Trust fund pension limited as a pension administrator where i open pension savings account on a daily base and follow up on employer for their employee pension contributions in 2017

Vo- why did you choose this course 

Me- I choose this course because it will give me advance knowledge of computer and uses of mathematical process in solving financial problem which will give me competitive edge and will open alot of career opportunities after graduation.

Vo- did you write any standardize test 

Me- Yes GRE

Vo- what's your score 

Me- 307, quantitative reasoning 157, verbal reasoning 147 and critical written 3.0

Vo- how will you fund your study 

Me- I was offered a GTA that cover the whole of my tuition and my uncle Mr. **** that work at **** would be taking care of the remaining cost 

Vo-how did you get the GTA

Me- I apply with my GRE test score, my undergraduate CGPA, letter of recommendation and I wrote a letter to director of the department that gave me the GTA.

Vo- can I have his SOA 

Me- pass it 

Vo- typing and I would be approving your visa 

Please anybody who can help with phone mock interview I will so much appreciate and the airtime is going to be from me thanks

Profile: Bsc. Business Administration (2012)

6years working experience 

Currently work with a pension firm

GRE 304

Full funding with stipend is available 

fairheart Brown2Green bracelum textrem Lagosismyhome

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 10:50am On Jun 02, 2019
Time2win:

You stand a chance. Prepare very well for the interview
corrections

Ajusted Mock Transcript

Me- here you go

Me- for my master in computer science and quantity Metjods with concentration in mathematical finance at Austin peay state university Tennessee.

Me- master in computer science and Quantitative method with concentration in mathematical finance is a 2year 33credit hour course program and it focus on key areas like regression analysis,numerical analysis, financial mathematics,stochastic process and probability

Me- from a colleague who is an alumni and has been doing very fine ever since coming back and I later did further research on the program,fee and the city

Me- because Austin pea state university ofered me a GA that cover for the whole of my tuition they offered broad course in computer science and mathematical finance which will give me
Competitive edge and open alot career opportunity upon graduation aside that the school has a well curicullum that does not focus alone on the theoretical aspect of the course but alot of practical course work that would help boost my carrier going forward in the area of pension system administration, financial fraud investigation and consultancy.

Me- I will be coming back to Nigeria to work with the Nigerian pension commission so that I can harness my creative energy toward solving the problems of delay or non-paymeny of our retiree gratuity and at some point in my career I will like to go into lecturing so that I can teach and motive young people willing to take up a job in pension administration.

Me- I went for my compulsory NYSC from July 2012 thru June 2013 after which I got a job with resort S&L where i work for 4years as a bulk teller before I move to my current company Trust fund pension limited as a pension administrator where i open pension savings account on a daily base and follow up on employer for their employee pension contributions in 2017

Me- I choose this course because it will give me advance knowledge of computer and uses of mathematical process in solving financial problem which will give me competitive edge and will open alot of career opportunities after graduation.

Me- Yes GRE

Vo- what's your score

Me- 307, quantitative reasoning 157, verbal reasoning 147 and critical written 3.0

Me- I was offered a GTA that cover the whole of my tuition and my uncle Mr. **** that work at **** would be taking care of the remaining cost

Me- I apply with my GRE test score, my undergraduate CGPA, letter of recommendation and I wrote a letter to director of the department that gave me the GTA.

Vo- can I have his SOA

Me- pass it

Please anybody who can help with phone mock interview I will so much appreciate and the airtime is going to be from me thanks

GRE 304

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2019
Hello
Pls I want to enquire if it's possible to use my US WES Evaluation for Canada. Or would I have to start the processing for Canada all over again.
The school in Canada requires WES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
shoyoyebiodun:
corrections 

Ajusted Mock Transcript

Me- here you go 

Me- Yes GRE

Vo- what's your score 

Vo- can I have his SOA 

Me- pass it 

GRE 304

fairheart Brown2Green bracelum textrem Lagosismyhome

How did you find out about the school?
Your response is not good from my view. You should be able to articulate how you did your personal findings and narrowed your search. Avoid generic reponses.

Why APSU?

Don't Start with ...because....
You should say asides the tuition waiver and graduate assistantship offered to me, the school is bla bla

You should be very prepared to explain the correlation between your work experience and your intended course of interest.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
kinibd:

do you happen to be at st. Clouds? Tell me something about the indians lol.
Hey, that's my destination too,is it undergraduate level?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kinibd(m): 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
sheke01:

Nope, am at Cleveland state. These Indians are everywhere here. My classes are predominately Indians about 85-90%. Most times am the only black or one of the two or three blacks in a class of 50.

St Cloud State won't be any different because I reviewed an article some group of Indian students from SCSU wrote last semester.

Even the statistics for Green card through H1B tells the sad Indian story. The have to wait for 10-15 years before they get green card via H1B route

Lol it looks like those indians mean business, naija de learn where them dey, anyway thanks for the info looking forward to the experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kinibd(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
Flaame:
Hey, that's my destination too,is it undergraduate level?

No, Masters Level.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Favourandgrace: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please I have a bank of America statement of account, the person is based in Nigeria but is currently in the US for a masters degree. I would like to find out if there is any additional documentation that I need to take to the embassy if you are using a foreign account.

Thank you and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
Contact WES & request to transfer your evaluation to Canadian equivalency quoting your previous reference number. Provide them with an active email address you will be using on WES Canada platform. You will pay for the request & your report will be ready in no time.
Pinkandblue26:
Hello
Pls I want to enquire if it's possible to use my US WES Evaluation for Canada. Or would I have to start the processing for Canada all over again.
The school in Canada requires WES

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doziej84: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Is it possible to change the Passport photo on my ds-160 after submitting it & booking an interview date?

my interview date is a few weeks away....How do I go about it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
doziej84:
Is it possible to change the Passport photo on my ds-160 after submitting it & booking an interview date?

You can't edit ds 160 after submitting. Recreate another one with the old number, you don't need to start filling it afresh, then make the changes you want. Then edit your appointment profile page and insert the new ds 160 number.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
doziej84:

You uploaded another person's image before?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pstfrancis(m): 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
I beg house I need a sample of SOP for MBA. I just need the format, pls if anyone have, pls send it to me. pstfrancis2000@yahoo.com.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrprolifik: 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=pstfrancis post=78958490]I beg house I need a sample of SOP for MBA. I just need the format, pls if anyone have, pls send it to me. pstfrancis2000@yahoo.com.
Thanks[/quote
Here is an example of SOP for Masters in Finance .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
pstfrancis:
I beg house I need a sample of SOP for MBA. I just need the format, pls if anyone have, pls send it to me. pstfrancis2000@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Write your own draft and get someone to review it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dipseacon: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Who is going for an undergraduate program at ETSU for fall 2019. But is yet to apply for Visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dre4best: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
Please house, my appointment is scheduled for Tuesday morning in Abuja, 7:40am. Does anyone knows if the public holidays on 4th and 5th will affect my appointment?
There is no notification from them for postponement regards the holiday as at the time of sending this.

Also, anyone with information of cheap hotel in Abuja? Name and location will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hello, I will advise you to go for your interview if you are sure you weren’t sent a notification for appointment reshedule.
Am sure if they won’t be working that day, they wud have sent you a mail and even an SMS, except you didn’t fill in a correct email and phone number

dre4best:
Please house, my appointment is scheduled for Tuesday morning in Abuja, 7:40am. Does anyone knows if the public holidays on 4th and 5th will affect my appointment?
There is no notification from them for postponement regards the holiday as at the time of sending this.

Also, anyone with information of cheap hotel in Abuja? Name and location will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NoQualms1(f): 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Please how do I send copies of my certicates to WES? Can I send them via mail or must it be through courier? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (536)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.