Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,127 members, 7,838,866 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (802719 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NoQualms1(f): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

Through Fax and I did mine for free.

How pls? Can I send a PM?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shehuroj: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2019
jossywayne:

Uncle you get $10,000 scholarship to $55,000 total cost of attendance per year, so ur left with $45,000?
Uncle to tell you the truth the scholarship is too poor for $55,000. The VO maybe like how can your sponsor spend such amount of money on you?
Will he withdraw all the money he use to do business to fund ur studies abroad??
My advice is for u to try and get more scholarship.
Thanks!

Thanks for your input on the above transcript. My sponsor is actually my guidian and financial sponsor since my bachelor's degree and he is capable of footing the bill as his statement of account shows huge amount of inflow and outflow. We also plan to establish a big diagnostic centre when I return, I think this is a good point that he can invest such amount of money on my study. One of the daughters just finished her MSc in Dublin while another one is currently studying Medicine in Ukraine (can I include this in the defence of his ability and willingness to sponsor me?).
I have also applied for RA/TA through my prospective supervisor and program coordinator, but the outcome is not yet out (should I include this also)?.

Thanks once again for your contribution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NoQualms1(f): 10:45am On Jun 03, 2019
nelem:

check up hellofax and also WES US fax number if it's WES-US you're sending and WES-Canada if it's canada.

ensure you also write your reference number on your certificate once you've scanned it,

cheers

cc: kunvics

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:47am On Jun 03, 2019
NoQualms1:

How pls? Can I send a PM?

Yes . feel free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by caterwaul(m): 10:52am On Jun 03, 2019
Good day house, I applied for the international passport for the first time almost a month ago through an agent in a different city from mine and I still haven’t gotten any update yet as per availability and the said agent isn’t forthcoming with me, is there a way I can check availability through the enrollment id as it’s the only document I have?
Your response will be appreciated, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:01am On Jun 03, 2019
caterwaul:
Good day house, I applied for the international passport for the first time almost a month ago through an agent in a different city from mine and I still haven’t gotten any update yet as per availability and the said agent isn’t forthcoming with me, is there a way I can check availability through the enrollment id as it’s the only document I have?
Your response will be appreciated, thanks.

You can walk to the nearest immigration office to complain. They can tell you if it is already on the system or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 11:07am On Jun 03, 2019
Good morning fam
Please I’m filling up my DS 160 and there is a space for National Identification Number. Do I check “does not apply” since I don’t have it. Or I need to go register?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shehuroj: 11:12am On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

How did you hear about the school?
Avoid that talk of saying your friend told you about the school to avoid stories that touch.

Otherwise, I think your responses are fine.

Thanks for always being responsive to questions and enquiries here. God bless.

Your comment is noted and would be changed to 'through personal research on schools offering Forensic science in the US'.
I would love to hear your view on the issue of the sponsor being raised by someone up there.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:19am On Jun 03, 2019
jhulee:
Good morning fam
Please I’m filling up my DS 160 and there is a space for National Identification Number. Do I check “does not apply” since I don’t have it. Or I need to go register?

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2019
Shehuroj:

Thanks for your input on the above transcript. My sponsor is actually my guidian and financial sponsor since my bachelor's degree and he is capable of footing the bill as his statement of account shows huge amount of inflow and outflow. We also plan to establish a big diagnostic centre when I return, I think this is a good point that he can invest such amount of money on my study. One of the daughters just finished her MSc in Dublin while another one is currently studying Medicine in Ukraine (can I include this in the defence of his ability and willingness to sponsor me?).
I have also applied for RA/TA through my prospective supervisor and program coordinator, but the outcome is not yet out (should I include this also)?.

It's easier to convince the VO if the school is a top school like the IVY.. The VO would feel the ROI is worth the investment.

Once the deficits starts climbing above 20,000 dollars , it raises concerns to the VO .
Except your sponsor is your dad or immediate relative, convincing the VO will require a great deal of efforts and luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

Yes

Thanks for your reply. But which of the questions is the “yes” for? �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2019
jhulee:

Thanks for your reply. But which of the questions is the “yes” for? �

You can tick does not apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 11:32am On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

You can tick does not apply

Okay
Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2019
If you want to reschedule your appointment dates, alot of dates just became available in June and July, rush it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 11:42am On Jun 03, 2019
Oasishavenng:

The earliest date I am seeing for regular in Lagos is now 14th of August

Wow
Please..How true is this? *uneasy*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:43am On Jun 03, 2019
solihp:
If you want to reschedule your appointment dates, alot of dates just became available in June and July, rush it grin grin grin

grin grin grin

There is no love emoticon.. Would have used that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:44am On Jun 03, 2019
jhulee:

Wow

More dates will open up. Normal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2019
jhulee:

Wow

More dates just opened up this morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2019
solihp:

Okay
Another thing
My program is a 9 month masters program but my I 20 has my start and end date as 13Aug 2019 and 31 May 2023 respectively. Please what do I do? �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kacey007: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
solihp:

I just paid my Visa fee now but I am yet to receive my 1-20. Is it possible to book an appointment in other not to miss the available dates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
kacey007:

I just paid my Visa fee now but I am yet to receive my 1-20. Is it possible to book an appointment in other not to miss the available dates?
Mail your school to send your Sevis ID and School code
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kacey007: 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

Mail your school to send your Sevis ID and School code
Found out that one can't book an appointment without SEVIS ID and school code. Any other way out pending the time the school will reply my mail.

PS: I don't want to miss the available dates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by juliusdudu: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
My F1 visa was approved last Tuesday. I was advised to pick up my passport 48hours afterwards.

Wednesday was a public holiday. Thursday and Friday were working days. However, my passport is still at the embassy when I tracked it this morning.

My school resumes in 2 days. I have sent the embassy a message but no reply yet. What can I do?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AGUBANZE(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
I was on the last thread about visit visa lol . America fall my hand .

So now I have paid my tuition and my school is mailing for free from the USA . Please gurus in the house , my question now is , the sevis fee , they gave me an account to pay into from the homeland security website through western union . Can I pay through any bank in Nigeria or they have their own designated bank like in the case of gtbank with visit visa . Should I pay through servisexpress, I don’t trust them , their website don’t have the security code in the top which mean their website isn’t secured .

Make una help me . Nah fall admission . Should be there before August for international student orientations .

I’m opting for Abuja too , I’m just scared of the Lagos embassy , I have heard a lot of funny story coming from there .

Will love the gurus in the house to help me out . So I can pay on Thursday that isn’t public holiday .

Can I pay through any western union branch agent from any bank here in Nigeria ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jhulee: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
jhulee:

Okay
Another thing
My program is a 9 month masters program but my I 20 has my start and end date as 13Aug 2019 and 31 May 2023 respectively. Please what do I do? �
Please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Shehuroj:

People go to school in Ukraine not because its a beautiful country or has great opportunties but because university fees is a lot cheaper there.... significantly less than USA. So i think saying his biological daughter is in Ukraine doesnt help your case much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 12:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
kacey007:

Found out that one can't book an appointment without SEVIS ID and school code. Any other way out pending the time the school will reply my mail.

PS: I don't want to miss the available dates.

Yes there is another way.
CALL THE SCHOOL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
juliusdudu:
My F1 visa was approved last Tuesday. I was advised to pick up my passport 48hours afterwards.

Wednesday was a public holiday. Thursday and Friday were working days. However, my passport is still at the embassy when I tracked it.

My school resumes in 2 days. I have sent the embassy a message but no reply yet. What can I do?
Inform your school and wait.
The school should be ready to issue you letter of extension in case for presentation at POE.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kacey007: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

Yes there is another way.
CALL THE SCHOOL.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by caterwaul(m): 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thank you sir. God bless
Brown2Green:

You can walk to the nearest immigration office to complain. They can tell you if it is already on the system or not.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CaptainMarvell: 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

Yes . feel free

Hello everyone! This thread has been awesome and really helpful. Thanks y'all. I've been granted admission for my undergraduate program for fall 2019, and I'm currently awaiting my I-20. Concerning this new social media scrutiny policy for visa applicants, what exactly could they be looking for on one's social media and how effective could it be? Because one could easily delete everything implicating on their accounts before the interview�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by henrymor: 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good morning friends and fam,

I am planning to apply to a masters degree program in one or two universities in the US. When I went through their requirement, they said no test is needed for my course except toefl. Should I still do GRE or i shouldn't bother?

Secondly, where do I get the letter of recommendation from? Can I get it from any professor or doctor in any university or higher institutions. And please, how should the format look like?

Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (536)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.