Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797599 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by learner007(m): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
Time2Smile:

Squirrels are everywhere America, they are lovely little creatures that add natural touch to the environment. They aren't meant for pepper soup. Dont get arrested for illegal hunting. I know you are joking Sha.

Uncle police/US law maker, No be everything you see u Must explain. WE already know u r proficient in English...brush up your sense of humour a bit. It I'll help you. Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
Coloniel5000:
please I need advise, what do I do when the graduate coordinator/advisor of my program doesn't reply emails. he's got a serious issue when it comes to replying emails. he's new, not like the previous one who reply emails with warmness and makes you feel important and welcome. this one is just frustrating and annoying. please what would you advise I do. thanks.

Maybe he is still settling into his new role or he is just the type that doesn't respond to emails. A better approach might be make your emails more professional and hope he reads and responds to them. Another option might be to call him but remember this is summer and most of them are out of town until sometimes next week when school is about resuming for a new school year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
femi312:
No that is too much and its repetition for the most part. He/she can get everything he/she wants in part 13 only

If he wants to go to graduate school and do excellently well, no material is too much to read. He would do good reading from the foundations and also understand how things have evolved. Most importantly, he might even read testimonials of success that might challenge him and the bring out the best of him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
jelmusboy:
Is this interview

Yes it is. He was going to a very competitive program in a very reputable school, Gbam!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by learner007(m): 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
So ABUJA EMBASSY is now closed till further notice bah? To think of the stress people in the Northern part will have to go through traveling down to Lagos for interview, that has no approval guarantee, is really sad. All will be well soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Knight1990: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
LagosismyHome:

No transit needed

Okay, thank you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Knight1990: 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
learner007:
So ABUJA EMBASSY is now closed till further notice bah? To think of the stress people in the Northern part will have to go through traveling down to Lagos for interview, that has no approval guarantee, is really sad. All will be well soon

Oh boy! There'll be serious crowd at the Lagos consulate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2Smile(m): 12:11am On Aug 15, 2018
learner007:

Uncle police/US law maker, No be everything you see u Must explain. WE already know u r proficient in English...brush up your sense of humour a bit. It I'll help you. Thank you!
Thank you, I will.
Also, below is what I wrote. I guessed you missed the bold. Learn to patiently read to the end before jumping to pass thinly-veiled insults. It will help you. Thanks.

Time2Smile:

Squirrels are everywhere America, they are lovely little creatures that add natural touch to the environment. They aren't meant for pepper soup. Dont get arrested for illegal hunting. I know you are joking Sha.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sospunky: 12:31am On Aug 15, 2018
Pls is this notice confirmed on their site?
My interview waa for 20th oh...wot do i do now?

learner007:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 5:12am On Aug 15, 2018
GboyegaD:

If he wants to go to graduate school and do excellently well, no material is too much to read. He would do good reading from the foundations and also understand how things have evolved. Most importantly, he might even read testimonials of success that might challenge him and the bring out the best of him.
Reading part 1 to 14 is waste of precious time that he can put into something else. One part is enough to give the much needed insight. Infact the earlier parts are obsolete.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 15, 2018
Knight1990:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2018
Knight1990:

exactly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by edeXede: 7:45am On Aug 15, 2018
femi312:
Reading part 1 to 14 is waste of precious time that he can put into something else. One part is enough to give the much needed insight. Infact the earlier parts are obsolete.

Femi, you misread the guys message. He was actually talking about the Gre thread and not the USA student visa thread. The Gre thread is only one part and not part 1-14 as both of you think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by papilo90(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2018
jelmusboy:
Are you sure this profile can enter Cornell especially your GPA? Just thinking though
Yes it can, putting in mind that GPA is not the only factor considered for admission, my LOR, experience in my field, my GRE score among others will also be considered.
The most important fact is that in most schools, my department require you to talk to faculty members first, then if you have any of them agree to accept you, you can go ahead to apply. Its strongly advised not to apply if you've not gotten a supervisor.
The same process got me admitted into Canada. I had to seek a supervisor, who did Skype interview with me, and also made me write an academic article. Before he accepted me.
With this method, one is almost certain to get admitted.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by papilo90(m): 8:44am On Aug 15, 2018
Spotlighte:

Nice profile. So what schools are you applying to?

How do I access the WES unofficial grading? I'll like to also know what my GPA is on the scale of 4.0
Well the profile isn't so good. I'm just working and hoping I get a good GRE score.
As regards the school I will be applying to, I've not made up my mind, I have a list of about 12 schools, I'm still doing extensive research so I can shortlist later.
For the WES conversion. Use this link https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/igpa.asp
Fill in d details and click continue, you will have to input your transcript details, but note that you will fill in all courses in your transcript and its units INDIVIDUALLY, (I mean all the courses you took from 100L to 400 or 500L as the case may be.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2018
Abuja is showing October 4th. What does that me. Will it be opened before then. Please it is urgent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by samuelobazu(m): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2018
hello guy,please I'm new here, what documents I need to study in America.. I just finished my secondary school education here and planning to go overseed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jelmusboy(m): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2018
My class starts on the 20th August, can I still enter US a week after cos my visa is on AP and I dont know how long it will take.

Anybody experienced this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 9:59am On Aug 15, 2018
By God's grace i will give testimony on this thread. Transcript awaiting in November....... grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Patrick2go: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2018
Gewezzy1:
I shall give my testimony soon���
Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Patrick2go: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2018
Northeastern:

Congratulations on you first and thank you for being proactive.

While the admission session for fall 2019 just commenced or is about to commence for some schools, I think you are still in good shape to beat the general financial aid deadline of December 15th for most US schools.

The following components are considered for your application

1. Your undergraduate GPA
2. Your test scores
3. Your Letters of recommendation
4. Your essay or statement of purpose
5. Your work experience or research work
And six, your interview if you are invited for one.

So the only thing that stands in your way now is the test scores of which you need the GRE. Go to this thread and get all you need to ace the test https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

Once you are done. You can now face the application for admission in earnest. Before other contributors come, please make sure you get full scholarship as your first has already put you in good staed. Also, do not shy away from applying for a Phd as plenty money comes with most phd admissions.

You must ace your GRE. PLEASE YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY TO SCHOOL HERE IF YOU SUBMIT A STELLAR APPLICATION. We had our orientation today and I just noticed that almost all the international students got a GA and that is for an MBA with a STEM designation.
See this link for funding https://www.profellow.com/tips/fully-funded-phd-programs-in-mathematics/

See this one: https://www.baylor.edu/math/index.php?id=53575 Baylor will give you $22,500 per year after waiving your tuition with the promise to even earn more.

I have said it before, going to school for free should be your least worries if you can settle down and read. Many people are not aware of the power of the internet of information.

Thanks for this piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sospunky: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2018
Good day all....
In light of the US Consular Services in Abija being on temporary hold..is there anyone here that has been contacted??please let us know so we can be informed.
Gurus in the e House what do you advise us to do....
Arrangements have already been made for the trip to Abuja.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Patrick2go: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2018
femi312:
First you need to decide on the course to study based on your future plans. I don't really know much about the prospect of mathematics but I believe data science is booming right now and the prospect of job seem high. Do your own research and check the bureau of labor statistics website to see things for yourself. Graduating with a first class will really make things a little easy for you if you complement it with a good GRE say >315. Please don't go and apply to one nonsense school with your first class, dream big, aim high and do your part. However spread your risk from high ranked schools to mid ranked. Forget about cheapest schools and concentrate on getting a good GRE score. All things being equal, You shouldn't pay a dime for tuition if you get a good GRE score to complement your GPA. All your energy right now should be on researching for good schools and how to get a good GRE score. The post below will give you an insight on the procedure.

Good one. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2018
Hey Guys,

I just used the WES unofficial iGPA calculator to convert my GPA to a 4 point scale and it came in at 3.71. For me, it seems quite bogus and I'm having second thoughts about putting this on my resume. What if the admission committee to the school i'm applying to come up with something different (lower). It'll look misleading no?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Binabdallah4(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2018
Please i will like to know how to secure admission in u.s.a for my msc in nursing field?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2018
Tunmise100:
STAY INFORMED:

Temporary Closure of U.S. Embassy Abuja’s Consular
Section

Until further notice, all consular appointments at the
U.S. Embassy in Abuja have temporarily ceased for
both visa and for American Citizen Services (ACS).
Consular functions in U.S. Consulate Lagos are not
affected and will continue.
Scheduled visa and ACS applicants for Abuja will be
contacted for rescheduling.

American citizens in northern Nigeria with emergency
services needs should continue to contact the after-
hours emergency number for Abuja at 09461-4000 and
press “0” to go to the operator to request assistance.
American citizens in northern Nigeria with urgent travel
needs who are travelling before Tuesday and who are
willing to re-schedule their travel through Lagos should
contact the ACS office at Consulate Lagos ( 01460
3400 and LagosACS@state.gov) to discuss their options. Those travelling after Tuesday should follow up with Abuja ACS to confirm their appointments closer to
their appointment date.

Please monitor this page and the Website of the U.S.
Embassy for a later announcement of resumed
consular operations in Abuja.

http:///2vI9HcY

There is no smoke without fire. The US I know acts only on credible intelligence. There is trouble in the land and we all seem blind to it. The latest theatrics in the National Assembly portends grave danger to our sociopolitical terrain. The country is about imploding, and our Leader is away on a "foreign" trip.

Let's pray for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
100kobo:

There is no smoke without fire. The US I know acts only on credible intelligence. There is trouble in the land and we all seem blind to it. The latest theatrics in the National Assembly portends grave danger to our sociopolitical terrain. The country is about imploding, and our Leader is away on a "foreign" trip.

Let's pray for Nigeria.
You are right bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.