Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797593 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
I have missed a lot....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
Yes, it is absolutely normal.
ObenJoshua:

Buzz me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
edeXede:

Femi, you misread the guys message. He was actually talking about the Gre thread and not the USA student visa thread. The Gre thread is only one part and not part 1-14 as both of you think.
No I didn't. 'You can then begin to read THIS thread'..'this' is referring to this particular thread except maybe I need to go get my tuition back from my English teacher
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by edeXede: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
femi312:
No I didn't. 'You can then begin to read THIS thread'..'this' is referring to this particular thread except maybe I need to go get my tuition back from my English teacher
oh sorry! You are right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2018
sillysassysally:
Hey Guys,

I just used the WES unofficial iGPA calculator to convert my GPA to a 4 point scale and it came in at 3.71. For me, it seems quite bogus and I'm having second thoughts about putting this on my resume. What if the admission committee to the school i'm applying to come up with something different (lower). It'll look misleading no?

What is ur CGPA on a 5.0 scale??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nitta08(f): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
So guys, I'm in the US.
Here's my experience:
Booked Royal Air Maroc from Lagos. Flight was for 6:05am 13th August. Arrived Casablanca at 10.30am. RAM delayed my flight twice. Waited for 28hrs in Casablanca Morocco before finally leaving for New York. Left Casablanca at 3pm on the 14th.
....my stay in Casablanca...Lovely staff, ready to help even though it's hard to communicate as they don't speak English. Just a handful of them do. But BAD food. I was lucky to get a good spot at the lounge....nice beds though. I was told that the hotel rooms got filled up pretty fast.
Arrived JFK at 6pm. Didn't get off the plane till about 6:30. The border control officer only did my biometrics and asked where I was heading to, course of study, if it was my first time in the US and if I had any foods or drinks. I reached out to get my documents asking if he wanted to see any and he said not to bother, he trusts me. Baggage claim took more than 40mins before I could get my bags.
Met with my school staff waiting to welcome and receive international students. It was pretty late already... 8pm US time. There was a shuttle provided to get to school. I've kinda settled in but I need to complete my sleep.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by leki10(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am new in this section. Please I need suggestions on schools [where I can get a GA or TS] I can apply to. Also any additional advice and suggestions is highly welcomed. Below is my profile.

Undergraduate GP: 3.94/5 equivalent on a 4.0 scale by WES is 3.37
Course: Civil Engineering
TOEFL: 100
Proposed course: Structural Engineering

Please if possible to get schools that waive GRE, I would like to be directed.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Leki10
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sophiaugo: 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello house, good noon.
I am scheduled for interview on the 11th of september 2018, pls what are the required documents I should go with and pls what passport size am I required to snap. Please your swift response would be very much appreciated by me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by arzakari2: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello Justwise and all guys in the house. I have an enquiry to make and would greatly appreciate your help.

I have a sportswear brand producing sports garments for football clubs in Ghana sneakers. There is a week course on footwear making i want to undertake at the University of Orgeon and then return back to my base in Ghana. I would like to find out how are my chances on such visa. For travel experience, I have been to Dubai and Bangladesh all to produce my garments.

Hope to hear from the big men in the house soon.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
leki10:
Hello everyone,
I am new in this section. Please I need suggestions on schools [where I can get a GA or TS] I can apply to. Also any additional advice and suggestions is highly welcomed. Below is my profile.

Undergraduate GP: 3.94/5 equivalent on a 4.0 scale by WES is 3.37
Course: Civil Engineering
TOEFL: 100
Proposed course: Structural Engineering

Please if possible to get schools that waive GRE, I would like to be directed.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Leki10
You are looking for GA in Structural Engineering but you don't want to write GRE. Wonderful. This is close to being a futile effort.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
tactmayor:

What is ur CGPA on a 5.0 scale??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by leki10(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
femi312:
You are looking for GA in Structural Engineering but you don't want to write GRE. Wonderful. This is close to being a futile effort.

LOL... Bro... It's a question.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
splendourlinus:
i wish i can get a quick visa to the US

I wish you don't get scammed 'quickly'

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
sospunky:
Amen to your prophesy,i shall testify in Part 14.
My interview is coming up soon.

I Hope not IN Abuja because US consular office IN Abuja was shut down today till further notice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
xdamson:
Hi everyone, I want to encourage you not to give up, it may seem as if you fail but hey! Refire as many time as you can. Don't give up but ensure you're a genuine student

My visa was approved on the 6th appointment

Profile:

GRE:314
TOEFL:99
Application: 4 schools
Admitted : all
Funding: 2 schools(fellowship, 15k each)

Visa approved on AP: 26/07
Visa issued. : 08/08
Passport collected. : 09/08
Departure. : 11/08
Program start date. : 10/08
PoE. : Newark, New Jersey
School: : Louisiana

I intentionally wrote out the above details, I'm sure it will answer some questions in some pips mind, I had those questions too.

Below is my final transcript (Abuja)

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: can I have your i20 and passport
Me: passed it
Vo: I can see that you're going to UL
Me: yes please
Vo: when did you graduate first degree
Me: year 2011
Vo:what have you been doing since then
Me: I went for the compulsory NYSC from nov 2011 to oct 2012, I Stated working with abc bank from apr 2013 to Jan 2018, then I joined bdc bank in feb 2018 till now
Vo: so what will you do after this degree
Me: I intend to come back to nigeria to work for 2 years after which I will start my own ict consulting company, did you know that online transactions in nigeria actually hit 86 trillion naira last year? Yes, it did and Q1 2018 is already at 36 trillion naira. This is a good sphere to play in and there are more challenges that needs solutions ( I mumbled jumbled a bit here)
Vo: how much do you earn?
Me: about 314k monthly
Vo: how did you choose this school
Me: it was recommended by a colleague of mine who also did his masters there, I researched the school for areas of interest and I matched with Dr. MT, I mailed him and he requested for my cv and test scores, he was impressed and recommended me to the grad cord Dr. AM who then advised me to apply. I did and I was granted the admission
Vo: you said you wrote GRE
Me:yes, I did
Vo: what's your score
Me:314
Vo: what of TOEFL
Me:99
Vo: how do you intend to fund this degree
Me: I was granted a fellowship of 14k+ and I have been saving for 5 years and I have 11k making a total of 25k both of them covers for my tuition while my uncle who is also my mentor will cover for the monthly expenses
Vo: do you have documents to that effect
Me: (passed fellowship offer letter and both banks statements mine and uncle,fixed deposit and treasury bill certificate of my uncle) I explained further while she was checking it: my uncle actually placed the money in fixed deposit until I'm ready so as to generate more interest, my investment is on call deposit which I liquidated before coming here(the money came in 2 days ago and I know she will definitely notice, it was a genuine call deposit investment)

After perusing the documents and typing

Vo: I will hold on to this document for confirmation, if found false you and your uncle would be banned for 10 years, do you still want to submit it
Me: yes definitely
( she returned my i20 and folded banks details into my passport and placed it aside)
(Me don dey korinsinu--oluwa ese, na so devil rear head)
Vo: wait, you've been denied in Lagos before?
Me: yes, I was denied last year
Vo: what was the reason
Me:I wasn't given a reason but I was actually advised to reapply.(I had already started stammering. I wanted to say because I didn't give enough reason for ties but smth just gum my mouth)
Vo: typed very fast and gave me white copy and said the remaining pick up stuffs
Me: thank you so much.

Well, above is actually my sixth attempt, 5 in Lagos denied 1 in Abuja approved.

Don't give up, give it one more push. God is never late, if you know you know

My sneakers had no lace, forgot it in Lagos

Wore only a round neck and chinos

My hair and mustache was unkempt, didn't bother to cut it

Forgot my shakomended glasses in Lagos

My point: by all standard it was just God

God sometimes breaks protocols for our sake! Now THAT Abuja consular has been shut down. God wanted you to have it and even travel before then. Congrats!!! Joining you soon by His grace.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProfOjah1234: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
Chaii.. Part14..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
Time2Smile:

Squirrels are everywhere America, they are lovely little creatures that add natural touch to the environment. They aren't meant for pepper soup. Dont get arrested for illegal hunting. I know you are joking Sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello all, for does that are familiar with the application form for st cloud State university. Is it mandatory for me to upload my statement of account and that of my sponsor before the submission of the application? I await your swift response to prospective SCSU. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by seeakeem: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please do any one previously refused have to wait for 2 months as that's the option I'm always presented with having paid another visa fee to reapply?

Or is there any way around this. I have been on this for a week now, even if I sometimes see earlier date I can pick, once I choose previously refused, the date changes to a very far one.

It's also explicitly stated that "you MAY be denied for false misrepresentation" if you choose regular instead of previously refused.

Please will appreciate any help so as to know if the only viable option is to defer. I know some other people will be having this same problem too.

No that 6 month rule doesn't exist or rather it existed for a short time frame. No longer exist [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by seeakeem: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
the 6 month rule is for expedited appointment and it still exists. You cannot make an expedited/emergency appointment within 6 months of denial, you can make a normal appointment

Please do any one previously refused have to wait for 2 months as that's the option I'm always presented with having paid another visa fee to reapply?

Or is there any way around this. I have been on this for a week now, even if I sometimes see earlier date I can pick, once I choose previously refused, the date changes to a very far one.

It's also explicitly stated that "you MAY be denied for false misrepresentation" if you choose regular instead of previously refused.

Please will appreciate any help so as to know if the only viable option is to defer. I know some other people will be having this same problem too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nitta08(f): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
MyAmericandream:
will you keep shut, bushman.

You don't talk to people this way. Especially one who you can learn a lot from. Time2Smile is one of the most respected members on this thread.
Even though this is a faceless forum, you should learn to behave.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
No not mandatory.

MyAmericandream:
Hello all, for does that are familiar with the application form for st cloud State university. Is it mandatory for me to upload my statement of account and that of my sponsor before the submission of the application? I await your swift response to prospective SCSU. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by princeGee23: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
Provide he/she details here for the benefit of others. I just wonder why he/she should contact you privately.

Beware!

Olalekank:

Good
Send me a message. Number at my.signature

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by princeGee23: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
Becareful man, don't be too gullible and start sending message or calling people on the thread. First take your time and read last 3 part then you should have foresight about what it entails and you can ask any specific question on the thread... I am sure a lot of people will be willing to guide or help you.

All the best

samuelobazu:
share me your WhatsApp number

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by princeGee23: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
Go ahead and be successful in abuja. I think the closure is for the department that deals with the citizen of America in the Abuja consulate. Do more of your findings though

sospunky:
Good day all....
In light of the US Consular Services in Abija being on temporary hold..is there anyone here that has been contacted??please let us know so we can be informed.
Gurus in the e House what do you advise us to do....
Arrangements have already been made for the trip to Abuja.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nitta08:

You don't talk to people this way. Especially one who you can learn a lot from. Time2Smile is one of the most respected members on this thread.
Even though this is a faceless forum, you should learn to behave.
I have heard you Ms perfect, I'll take note of this. I really appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
No not mandatory.

how were you able to pay for your application fee? I'm having difficulties in doing that. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yommy247(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Freeman59:
Hello guys. We'll share our testimonies in this part. Welcome
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kweeen(f): 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please is there a stipulated BTA required of students?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Anyiodogwu1: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I believe I will share my own testimony in this part 14. amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Anyiodogwu1: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nitta08:
So guys, I'm in the US.
Here's my experience:
Booked Royal Air Maroc from Lagos. Flight was for 6:05am 13th August. Arrived Casablanca at 10.30am. RAM delayed my flight twice. Waited for 28hrs in Casablanca Morocco before finally leaving for New York. Left Casablanca at 3pm on the 14th.
....my stay in Casablanca...Lovely staff, ready to help even though it's hard to communicate as they don't speak English. Just a handful of them do. But BAD food. I was lucky to get a good spot at the lounge....nice beds though. I was told that the hotel rooms got filled up pretty fast.
Arrived JFK at 6pm. Didn't get off the plane till about 6:30. The border control officer only did my biometrics and asked where I was heading to, course of study, if it was my first time in the US and if I had any foods or drinks. I reached out to get my documents asking if he wanted to see any and he said not to bother, he trusts me. Baggage claim took more than 40mins before I could get my bags.
Met with my school staff waiting to welcome and receive international students. It was pretty late already... 8pm US time. There was a shuttle provided to get to school. I've kinda settled in but I need to complete my sleep.
wow nice one. I pray I will give my own testimony like u in this part 14. I believe it will come to pass. amen

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.