Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After (18316 Views)

23-Year-Old US Lady Posed As 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl To Have Sex With Teen Boys / Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman / Teacher Rapes, Impregnates 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by GistmoreNG: 2:37am On Aug 13, 2018
GISTMORE.COM

Risikatu Uthman, a 14-year-old pupil of a public secondary school in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State who got missing about two months ago, has been found.

She reportedly returned home on Thursday, saying she was abducted by human traffickers, who allegedly sold her to Burkina Faso for prostitution.

PUNCH Metro had reported that Risikatu had gone out with a boyfriend in June 2018 and did not return home.

The police had arrested the boyfriend, a motor boy, who insisted that he was innocent.

Our correspondent gathered that the lover was arraigned in court as Risikatu’s family intensified prayers for her return.

The teenager, however, was brought home by a Good Samaritan, who reportedly found her roaming in Cotonou, Benin Republic.

Risikatu alleged that a policeman, identified as Rasheed, abducted her while she was heading home from her boyfriend’s place.

She said, “I was returning home on a motorcycle when the man stopped me on the road.

“He said I should follow him, that he had something important to discuss with me. I told him that I was running late and my parents would be worried. He insisted that I followed him and I did.

“When we got to his house at Odo Kekere, Ikorodu, I saw eight other young girls in a room. Immediately I entered, somebody locked the door from behind and nobody could go out.

“Rasheed told me that he was a policeman and he showed me his ID card. I also saw his uniform in the room. He told me that he was taking me out of the country and I would be involved in selling goods for someone. He did not tell me the country.”

The victim said she spent two weeks in the house with the other girls, adding that Rasheed’s mother, who was a madam in Burkina Faso, took her information to procure a passport for her.

Risikatu said, “After two weeks, we were taken to Shaki, Oyo State. We were taken to the house of a man called Taofeek. We were paired; each group was put in a room.

“While there, I feel ill and almost died. I was taken to a hospital for treatment. A doctor also visited me in the room.”

After one month in Shaki, Risikatu said they were put in a bus en route to Burkina Faso.

The victim said they spent four days on the road before they arrived at their destination.

“We moved on Monday and got to Galasi, Burkina Faso, on Thursday. The woman came to meet us at the park and took us to her house.

“We saw other girls, including the ones who had given birth to children, in the house. There were three underage girls in the room as well. We called the woman Mummy.

“On Friday, we cooked and ate. By evening, they said we should take our bath. We were then dressed up in skimpy clothes with a lot of make-up. By then, they had loosened my hair and given me wigs to put on. We went to work and I came back with 6,000 CFA.

“On Saturday, we went to work as well. I made 7,000 CFA. We were given 20 condoms per day and mandated to use them all. We were told that if a man’s condom bursts, we should collect 3,000 CFA from him.

“On Sunday, the woman said we would swear to an oath that we would not betray her. We went to an alfa’s house and were called in one by one. I was the first.

“I was made to carry a calabash with some fetish materials in it. The man said I should recite incantation with him, after which he gave me a kolanut and alcohol to drink. But I did not swallow them. I spewed them out when we finished.

“During the oath taking, I was made to swear that I would not betray the woman and I would pay her 1.3m CFA (N815,000). He said I must pay back her money and if I betrayed her, I would be miserable and die,” she added.

She said after they left the cleric’s house, they were asked to dress up as usual and take to the street to look for customers.

Risikatu said, “I had worked for some time and made up to 7,000 CFA when a woman dragged me to a corner and asked if I wanted to stop the work I was doing and I said yes. The lady left me to continue the work.

“Later, I was told that a customer was waiting for me outside. I went outside and the same lady took me to an Igbo man, who was connected to some Nigerian community officials in the country.”

It was said that the police were later informed and the victim rescued.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Mummy, upon discovering that Risikatu had been rescued, fled her house with some property.

Risikatu said the police took her to the Nigerian embassy along with four other rescued girls, consisting two sisters and twin sisters.

At the embassy, the officials were said to have identified the 14-year-old, saying they had seen a report by The PUNCH on her.

She was reportedly profiled with the four others as the officials issued them tickets and passports for their travels back to Nigeria.

After a driver conveyed her to Jonte park at Cotonou, Benin Republic, she said she met a trader of Ago Iwoye, Ogun State descent, who promised to assist her because her (Risikatu’s) mother hailed from the same town.

After hawking chewing-stick with the woman and sleeping at the motor park for two days, she returned home to her parents.

“The way Nigerian girls are treated in Burkina Faso is terrible and it is because we don’t have a good government. I have learnt that if anybody asked me to travel out, I should never follow the person,” she added.

Risikatu said one Basirat, another Ikorodu resident who had been declared missing for some time, was in Burkina Faso.

The victim’s mother expressed joy at her return, saying she had gone to different prayer houses in search of a solution.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the case had been reported to the Ikorodu area commander, who ordered a manhunt for the suspects.

Our correspondent gathered that the alleged policeman had been arrested with his accomplices.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, however, said Rasheed was not a policeman.

He said, “The suspect is a member of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Lucky Board chapter, Shagamu Road, Ikorodu. His name is Rasheed Salau and he is undergoing interrogation. Investigation is ongoing into the case.”

BY GISTMORE :: http://gistmore.com/schoolgirl-trafficked-burkina-faso-returns-home-two-months

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by charlesazeh(m): 3:34am On Aug 13, 2018
Only u post still take FTC join.. Corruption

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by PrincessB1(f): 4:48am On Aug 13, 2018
shocked

The heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it
People are going miles perpetuating evil just to earn money not caring who is involved.
Everyone needs to be watchful at all time.

Congrats to Risikatu
Congrats to the mum
Congrats to everyone freed
Atleast the boyfriend has been vindicated cool

Let justice play it's role on those human traffickers angry
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by Abjay97(m): 7:01am On Aug 15, 2018
Sad story.. Thank God she was rescued.. However a lot of Nigerians are praying to be trafficked to USA.. Anything to leave the messed up country.

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by CriticMaestro: 7:01am On Aug 15, 2018
Lord have mercy
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by KendrickAyomide: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2018
14 years? boy friend?

25 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by emekejuniorp: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2018
so bad
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2018
APC Government

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by mattonnairaland: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2018
The stupid girl at 14years has a boyfriend already. So she was coming from there when she was abducted.

At 14yrs old, she probably knows about dick already and I guess they just expanded her trade.

Terrible home training

18 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by mostyg(m): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2018
This life sga
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:03am On Aug 15, 2018
Welcome back home
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by Haphard(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2018
This life sha, she teleported to the place ni or kidnapped??
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by driand(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2018
She said, “I was returning home on a motorcycle when the man stopped me on the road.

“He said I should follow him, that he had something important to discuss with me. I told him that I was running late and my parents would be worried. He insisted that I followed him and I did.

“When we got to his house at Odo Kekere, Ikorodu, I saw eight other young girls in a room. Immediately I entered, somebody locked the door from behind and nobody could go out.

“Rasheed told me that he was a policeman and he showed me his ID card. I also saw his uniform in the room. He told me that he was taking me out of the country and I would be involved in selling goods for someone. He did not tell me the country.”

The victim said she spent two weeks in the house with the other girls, adding that Rasheed’s mother, who was a madam in Burkina Faso, took her information to procure a passport for her.

Risikatu said, “After two weeks, we were taken to Shaki, Oyo State. We were taken to the house of a man called Taofeek. We were paired; each group was put in a room.

“While there, I feel ill and almost died. I was taken to a hospital for treatment. A doctor also visited me in the room.”
Story doesn't add up

8 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by Sektor101(m): 7:07am On Aug 15, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by EmekaBlue(m): 7:08am On Aug 15, 2018
Too long to read joor
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by stano2(m): 7:11am On Aug 15, 2018
Some people are heartless
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by ola12(m): 7:11am On Aug 15, 2018
Haphard:
This life sha, she teleported to the place ni or kidnapped??
Read the story undecided
oladele00:
Edo people and trafficking business is becoming so unbecoming.. People from that region needed to be castrated and educated on the kind of stupidity they are portraying to the world about Nigeria.. I trust sai baba to do something about it.... God bless sai baba
It was in lagos, I for curse you but na yoruba lyk me u b

4 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by JayMarx: 7:12am On Aug 15, 2018
Her boyfriend also needs to be investigated.
Meanwhile, what is an underage girl doing with a boyfriend?

7 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by intruxive(m): 7:12am On Aug 15, 2018
This one is not saying all the truth, me thinks she also wanted to "traful" out undecided

7 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by laraemi(f): 7:13am On Aug 15, 2018
14 years people are wicked
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by bentlywills(m): 7:14am On Aug 15, 2018
14 years?

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by bishop4life(m): 7:14am On Aug 15, 2018
half truth
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2018
A 14 year old girl coming back late from her boyfriend’s house! Met a strange man who wanted to discuss something with her! She followed him home!

Amazing...I just think this girl hasn’t said the truth. At her age, she’s a child and very vulnerable but she knew and has experienced adult secrets more than lots of females a lot older than her.

Even at the alfa’s house, she was the first to go in for the oath taking...isn’t she very brave and ambitious.

She knew where she was going and what she was going to do there. I think she knew this man Rasheed or whatever his name was.

Her problem started because the green pasture she expected to graze on wasn’t so green after all. She was just handed condoms just like that without anyone trying to ascertain if she was a virgin and if she could do the job!

She even made close to N4500 on her second day. This little girl is a pro.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by obainojazz(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2018
undecided

Alfa system of government, thank God for your life girl..
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by AndLeo(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2018
They were given 20 condoms in a day and asked to finish it? Chai

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by Goddyj(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2018
As much as I sympathize with the girl, I'm tempted to believe that she wasn't kidnapped. She was simply convinced to travel and she accepted. Read the story again and you will find out that some things don't add up. undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by klax(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2018
At 14 you already having a boyfriend young lady that is somehow disgraceful and poor training or you are trained but never yield to it. This is a big lesson for you and your folks.

And for the police office, the useless doctor, the Burkina Madam their pot had full and I'm very sure the Lagos Commissioner of Police is no nonsense man so I trust him that these goats will rot in jail.
Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by ceejay80s(m): 7:27am On Aug 15, 2018

Later, I was told that a customer was waiting for me outside. I went outside and the same lady took me to an Igbo man, who was connected to some Nigerian community officials in the country.”

guess who sold her? her afonja brother,
guess who saved her? an Igbo man living in Igbo community in Burkina Faso
later afonjas will be talking trash, dirty sets

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl Trafficked To Burkina Faso Returns Home Two Months After by calddon(m): 7:29am On Aug 15, 2018
Its not a thing of our tribe, so our embassies are now so useless that an underaged teen being trafficked cannot be returned safely to Nigeria. They had to send her via bus to Benin only to be left at the mercy of another Nigerian.

I heard most of our embassies in these francophone countries are useless..i never thought they were this useless

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Navy Hands Over Six Suspected Oil Thieves To EFCC (Photos) / Ritualists, kidnappers And Cultists Arrested By Benue Police (Photos) / Two Nigerians Jailed 60 Years For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.