Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (456230 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 1:25am On Apr 02
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 1:26am On Apr 02
SeunnlaA:
If you're gunning for the French category, she should be the main applicant.
Check the CRS tool to know your possible points. You can see whose points will be higher as main applicants. It may be yours. But, her points may still be high enough for French category, which will definitely be fastest. I explained this in a previous quote.

Also, is 'conversion with University of Ontario' acceptable as ECA for Canada? If not, it won't be useful.

I was told it’s acceptable.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 4:00am On Apr 02
DerFuhrer:

Please just to confirm, to qualify in the French proficiency category, must I use French as my first language? Or I can enter English as my first language and still qualify in the French category by virtue of my TEF result?

It doesn't matter. As long as you have CLB 7, and there's a french draw, your CRS score is enough, you'll get the ITA...

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SA24: 4:26am On Apr 02
To write this French exam ehn it's not easy
Is it possible to learn and write the exam in 6 month ?? Am a fast learner
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 7:37am On Apr 02
DerFuhrer:

Please just to confirm, to qualify in the French proficiency category, must I use French as my first language? Or I can enter English as my first language and still qualify in the French category by virtue of my TEF result?

Use the language in which you scored the highest CLB so that you can get the highest possible scores. You only need to get CLB7 in French to qualify for the French category draw. If you scored CLB10 in English, you have to put it as your first language.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 8:59am On Apr 02
79733139:

Use the language in which you scored the highest CLB so that you can get the highest possible scores. You only need to get CLB7 in French to qualify for the French category draw. If you scored CLB10 in English, you have to put it as your first language.

Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 8:59am On Apr 02
aurorae1:

It doesn't matter. As long as you have CLB 7, and there's a french draw, your CRS score is enough, you'll get the ITA...

Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SA24: 6:42pm On Apr 02
Please someone should share a reliable French tutor details with me
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 8:11pm On Apr 05
SA24:
Please someone should share a reliable French tutor details with me

Check my profile (click on my username for details).
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:36am On Apr 07
In case you need those books for the speaking and writing tests of TEF.

79733139:
Hello it's Monsieur Tayo again, concerning the writing and speaking tests of the TEF Canada exam, I have three books that would help you a lot with your preparation, they are:

TEF CANADA EXPRESSION ÉCRITE: 150 TOPICS TO SUCCEED by Jean K. Mathieu
TEF CANADA EXPRESSION ORALE: 150 TOPICS TO SUCCEED by Jean K. Mathieu
RÉUSSIR SON TEF/TEFAQ/TEF CANADA: EXPRESSION ORALE by Hourieh Marvi

Send an email to me (tayomassive@gmail.com) with subject title: "The three books for TEF speaking and writing tests" and I will send them to you.

Need a French tutor? Check my profile!

How to Get More Practice to Improve Your Listening Skills! - https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/175#128301974

How To Improve Your Writing For TEF’s L’Expression Ecrite (Section B – La lettre d’argumentation) - https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/178#129060620

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10
https://youtube.com/shorts/007P3HSf5vg?si=ponf9Eb_m0yv69ZS

This is exactly my problem listening to "street French", improper grammar, too many slangs and they talk as if they are rapping.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 1:08pm On Apr 11
Now that the Naira is steadily appreciating, is Alliance Française likely to bring down the cost of the exam? 700k is too steep given the current exchange rate.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 2:28pm On Apr 11
DerFuhrer:
Now that the Naira is steadily appreciating, is Alliance Française likely to bring down the cost of the exam? 700k is too steep given the current exchange rate.

The Naira wasn't the only reason, it is also the increased demand, the cut-off marks for the last two French draws were 366 and 336. We can only hope, nothing is guaranteed. Eh bien... On peut toujours rêver, n'est-ce pas ?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 2:38pm On Apr 11
79733139:

The Naira wasn't the only reason, it is also the increased demand, the cut-off marks for the last two French draws were 366 and 336. We can only hope, nothing is guaranteed. Eh bien... On peut toujours rêver, n'est-ce pas ?

Oui, on n’a pas le choix de toute façon.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shockreaction(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a good tutor for an intensive 2-month prep course for the TEF exam, especially taking into consideration the changes to the exam structure. I am somewhere around B1/B2 level, but I wasn't able to focus on my French studies for almost a year now due to life issues. I can dedicate 3 to 4 hours a day every week day.

Are there any good recommendations?

Thanks.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 8:12am On Apr 16
shockreaction:
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a good tutor for an intensive 2-month prep course for the TEF exam, especially taking into consideration the changes to the exam structure. I am somewhere around B1/B2 level, but I wasn't able to focus on my French studies for almost a year now due to life issues. I can dedicate 3 to 4 hours a day every week day.

Are there any good recommendations?

Thanks.

There are a few recommendations on this thread. A "popular name" here is Madame Bizang, you can search for her contact.
There are others here also, just search.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma76(f): 5:22pm On Apr 16
In the spirit of transparency and sharing, j’ai voulu vous partager que j’ai passe mon examen aujourd’hui. If I could go back, what would I do differently?

1. I’d stick to Madam Bizang (but only because her foundational classes are exceptional). I know someone had raised a complaint about her attitude and I mentioned it could be due to a barrier in language and culture. However, I eventually got a glimpse of what this person had described which honestly demoralized me and I had to call it out to her.

2. However, in addition to madam Bizang and the immersion (French podcasts etc) I’d honestly focus fully on using the past questions packs on réussirTCFcanada point com. I’ll tell you for free that a lot of the questions in EE and EO were all in their past questions which made these sections super breezy for me. Sharing some at the end of this message.

3. I’d request an adapted keyboard. The keyboard being used at AF Lagos is despicable. The keys are stiff and most times, you have to go back to correct what you’ve written because the keys are jammed somewhat. Also, adding the accents is tougher because you have to consciously pause and select the accent on the screen. A candidate who had written previously had requested for this during his registration and he received a wonderful adapted Azerty keyboard during the exam to all our envies.

4. I cannot repeat this enough. Practice the exam packs on that website over and over and over again for all épreuves! My only regret is not starting them earlier than last week. Even for CO and CE, saw a few repeated questions.

Things to note: you don’t control the time with CO. Each question has a set duration so you have to wait till the timer runs out to go to the next question. It would have been preferable to have control over the pace of CO. For CE, you control the pace.

Finally, I got B2 in both CO and CE but now I heard there’s a B2 haut and B2 Bas. And I didn’t pay attention to the scores because I thought the grades mattered most. Additionally, I had to leave the room immediately after so little to no time to take note of it. Now I’m anxious because I’m not sure I got B2 haut as I can’t remember seeing any 500s in either scores. I guess we’ll wait and see in three weeks as they advised. I’m super anxious and don’t even feel as relieved as I thought I would.

Finally, practice past questions till you’re sick of it!! I wish I had and if I have to rewrite this, I wouldn’t fret at all given this experience I now have. Again, it’s me…the one who started actively learning in September…I think all things are possible with a little determination. I’ll definitely try again if that’s required eventually!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma76(f): 5:29pm On Apr 16
thelma76:
In the spirit of transparency and sharing, j’ai voulu vous partager que j’ai passe mon examen aujourd’hui. If I could go back, what would I do differently?

1. I’d stick to Madam Bizang (but only because her foundational classes are exceptional). I know someone had raised a complaint about her attitude and I mentioned it could be due to a barrier in language and culture. However, I eventually got a glimpse of what this person had described which honestly demoralized me and I had to call it out to her.

2. However, in addition to coaching and the immersion (French podcasts etc) I’d honestly focus fully on using the past questions packs on réussirTCFcanada point com. I’ll tell you for free that a lot of the questions in EE and EO were all in their past questions which made these sections super breezy for me. Sharing some at the end of this message. There are 30 combinations for CO and CE, and I am willing to bet that if someone can finish these 60 combinations, you wouldn’t get less than C1 if you have a good memory and are super intentional about the mock exams

3. I’d request an adapted keyboard. The keyboard being used at AF Lagos is despicable. The keys are stiff and most times, you have to go back to correct what you’ve written because the keys are jammed somewhat. Also, adding the accents is tougher because you have to consciously pause and select the accent on the screen. A candidate who had written previously had requested for this during his registration and he received a wonderful adapted Azerty keyboard during the exam to all our envies.

4. I cannot repeat this enough. Practice the exam packs on that website over and over and over again for all épreuves! My only regret is not starting them earlier than last week. Even for CO and CE, saw a few repeated questions.

Things to note: you don’t control the time with CO. Each question has a set duration so you have to wait till the timer runs out to go to the next question. It would have been preferable to have control over the pace of CO. For CE, you control the pace.

Finally, I got B2 in both CO and CE but now I heard there’s a B2 “haut” and B2 “bas”. And I didn’t pay attention to the scores because I thought the grades mattered most. Additionally, I had to leave the room immediately after, so little to no time to take note of it. Now I’m anxious because I’m not sure I got B2 haut as I can’t remember seeing any 500s in either scores. I guess we’ll wait and see in three weeks as they advised. I’m super anxious and don’t even feel as relieved as I thought I would.

Finally, practice past questions till you’re sick of it!! I wish I had and if I have to rewrite this, I wouldn’t fret at all given this experience I now have. Again, it’s me…the one who started actively learning in September…I think all things are possible with a little determination. I’ll definitely try again if that’s required eventually!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 6:31pm On Apr 16
thelma76:

2. However, in addition to madam Bizang and the immersion (French podcasts etc) I’d honestly focus fully on using the past questions packs on réussirTCFcanada point com. I’ll tell you for free that a lot of the questions in EE and EO were all in their past questions which made these sections super breezy for me. Sharing some at the end of this message.

Finally, I got B2 in both CO and CE but now I heard there’s a B2 haut and B2 Bas. And I didn’t pay attention to the scores because I thought the grades mattered most. Additionally, I had to leave the room immediately after so little to no time to take note of it. Now I’m anxious because I’m not sure I got B2 haut as I can’t remember seeing any 500s in either scores. I guess we’ll wait and see in three weeks as they advised. I’m super anxious and don’t even feel as relieved as I thought I would.

Ayy Félicitations !!!

1. I'm glad you were able to call her out and get it addressed. I'm non-confrontational especially towards a teacher/lecturer, but I hope she corrects it moving forward. She is GOOD at what she does.

2. I used the other and more popular site formation-tcf by Ayoub and yes it WAS everything. Free past questions in EE and EO and the subscription for CO and CE. This part is compulsory (in my eyes), if you want to take TCF... Won't say more...lol

3. A moniker had spoken about the keyboard in use for the exam, and I adjusted accordingly. Downloaded the french version of the QWERTY keyboard on my phone and laptop and dropped the usual AZERTY. YES to needing to click the accents on the screen, what a time waster! Hopefully they correct this.

4. Information is power. I wish you'd had more time with those packs. A month with them is golden. I'll also not say more here... grin

5. As for the B2 haut et bas, it's more TEF although there's a balance now with the new format, although I hear IRCC is yet to implement it.
What you need is the score not just the CLB, you need 450 and above for CO and CE, 10 and up for EE and EO.
Anything lower even if it's B2 won't cut it.

For someone who got serious with this in September, you've done great!!! Rest easy and sleep well tonight grin
Looking forward to celebrating with you!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 2:29am On Apr 17
thelma76:

Congratulations on completing the exams and I hope the results are as you desire when you receive them.

I’m a little confused about the part you said you needed to write accents with a keyboard, I was under the impression that the EE is pen and paper based while the CO and CE are are computer based MCQs. Could you please clarify why you needed to enter texts that require accents with a keyboard?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by wememore03: 7:43am On Apr 17
Hello

For a beginner in French, is it advisable to use AF in Lagos?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 12:26pm On Apr 17
wememore03:
Hello

For a beginner in French, is it advisable to use AF in Lagos?

You'll still go and write the exam there. grin. Just joking.
But yes, AF is standard. For time saving measures, ensure you opt for their intensive classes... That's where you get the most value.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma76(f): 3:30pm On Apr 18
DerFuhrer:

Congratulations on completing the exams and I hope the results are as you desire when you receive them.

I’m a little confused about the part you said you needed to write accents with a keyboard, I was under the impression that the EE is pen and paper based while the CO and CE are are computer based MCQs. Could you please clarify why you needed to enter texts that require accents with a keyboard?

It seems I got banned from this platform after my initial post lol. No, all exams except EO (speaking) are computer based. Well for e-TCF though…there are paper based versions I’ve heard but I think it’s mostly done outside of Nigeria.

To your last question - Because French words have accents cheesy not all, but most of them and that counts towards your scoring I think. The keyboard provided at AF Lagos is the regular querty version but it’s stiff, old and stressful, you can only insert accents using the onscreen keyboard. I think there’s a technique to including accents using their keyboard but not sure since it only ever happened by error during my experience.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma76(f): 3:35pm On Apr 18
aurorae1:

Ayy Félicitations !!!

1. I'm glad you were able to call her out and get it addressed. I'm non-confrontational especially towards a teacher/lecturer, but I hope she corrects it moving forward. She is GOOD at what she does.

2. I used the other and more popular site formation-tcf by Ayoub and yes it WAS everything. Free past questions in EE and EO and the subscription for CO and CE. This part is compulsory (in my eyes), if you want to take TCF... Won't say more...lol

3. A moniker had spoken about the keyboard in use for the exam, and I adjusted accordingly. Downloaded the french version of the QWERTY keyboard on my phone and laptop and dropped the usual AZERTY. YES to needing to click the accents on the screen, what a time waster! Hopefully they correct this.

4. Information is power. I wish you'd had more time with those packs. A month with them is golden. I'll also not say more here... grin

5. As for the B2 haut et bas, it's more TEF although there's a balance now with the new format, although I hear IRCC is yet to implement it.
What you need is the score not just the CLB, you need 450 and above for CO and CE, 10 and up for EE and EO.
Anything lower even if it's B2 won't cut it.

For someone who got serious with this in September, you've done great!!! Rest easy and sleep well tonight grin
Looking forward to celebrating with you!!

1. Thank you so much Aurorae1. I typed a reply to this but got banned that day so It wasn’t posted. Honestly I struggled with the decision to confront her, since my priority was just writing this exam. But I didn’t want her to lose clients to that factor especially since we can all agree that she has mastered the “pedagogy” (which btw is a word I never used in English until I learnt it in French LOL)

2. I realized I already said too much about those resources, don’t want any wahala so I’d stop here but 100% agreed.

Thanks a lot for the kind words!! Again, whatever the outcome is, I’d come back to share here. Take care!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Smile4mee01: 5:24pm On Apr 18
Na true say Arrangee test/result dey for this French?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aestake: 5:40pm On Apr 18
Smile4mee01:

N5M.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 5:57pm On Apr 18
thelma76:

1. Thank you so much Aurorae1. I typed a reply to this but got banned that day so It wasn’t posted. Honestly I struggled with the decision to confront her, since my priority was just writing this exam. But I didn’t want her to lose clients to that factor especially since we can all agree that she has mastered the “pedagogy” (which btw is a word I never used in English until I learnt it in French LOL)

2. I realized I already said too much about those resources, don’t want any wahala so I’d stop here but 100% agreed.

Thanks a lot for the kind words!! Again, whatever the outcome is, I’d come back to share here. Take care!

The bot gave you a grand "how far?" when you were waxing french plus accents grin

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 5:57pm On Apr 18
Smile4mee01:

If you don't carry this rubbish out of here...
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18
Smile4mee01:

Sorry, we don't talk about that here. Please avoid that issue.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18
aestake:
N5M.

It was this sort of thing that got Alliance Française suspended for months in 2022. Don't cause problems for others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.