Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony (21504 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Anglican Reverend Gives Schoolgirls 'Holy Kiss' In Ghana (Video) / Picture Of A Sexy ‘pastor’ On Pulpit That Makes People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by Islie: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
By Emem Idio

YENAGOA- THERE was pandemonium at an Anglican church in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa capital, weekend, when a reverend clergy slumped and died on the pulpit while officiating a wedding programme.

The clergyman (names withheld) who is married with children and hailed from Tombia community in Yenagoa Local Government Area of the state, according to a church member was not known to be sick but was complaining of headache before his tragic death.

According to the church member identified as Mary said: “Our reverend was not known to be sick but was complaining of slight headache before the wedding ceremony . We are at a loss as to what must have happened to him. He was such a nice family man.”

It was gathered that the pandemonium that ensued changed the mood of the wedding programme and temporarily disrupted the wedding proceedings for half an hour before normalcy was restored.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/pandemonium-as-bayelsa-anglican-clergy-slumps-dies-on-pulpit-during-wedding-ceremony/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by MartinCorridon: 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
Death can strike anywhere...anytime.

He died in Church. Good for him. Some have died in brothels

Where will you and i (the reader) die?

16 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by Lilimax(f): 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
omg! cry
Untimely death, the Lord rebuke you in Jesus name. Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by phemoluv02(m): 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
shocked The Groom n dBride will be like....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by pode(m): 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
Picture or you lied

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by nwakibie3(m): 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
village people don follow bride and groom enter church

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
yard people haff struck angry

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by nwakibie3(m): 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:

we are going nowhere bro grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by imran147(m): 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
Reverend no get name?
But Mary name show off

According to the church member identified as Mary said: “Our reverend was not known to be sick but was complaining of slight headache before the wedding ceremony . We are at a loss as to what must have happened to him. He was such a nice family man.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by paparazzi1987(m): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
Many Nigerians are not healthy but they dont know due to lack of regular medical checkups

7 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by loverboys: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
May he gentle soul rest with the Lord
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by shinechinedu(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
This looks like he died of the "Widowmaker heart attack". This is the worst possible form of heart attack because it can start slowly and you'll only experience a slight headache, sweating and feeling very tired.. the symptoms can be very confusing and if you don't go to the hospital on time before a 70% blockage, you're history.. I wonder why the medical community has not sounded the alarm on this particular type of heart attack especially as we've seen too many cases of "he just slumped and died"... This country ehn

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by showafrica(m): 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
90% are hypertensive but they don't know... I suggest you take green tea every morning and garlic/vitamin c formula every night. This will always act as hypertensive drug everyday in a natural fomula

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by HardMirror(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
Good. Thank God it happened in church all they need to do is ask him to get up in Jesus name. It always works. This is not news jare.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by extraswag007(m): 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:

where you die doesn't matter, what matter is where you go after death...
hell or heaven? you decide

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by HardMirror(m): 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
showafrica:
90% are hypertensive but they don't know... I suggest you take green tea every morning and garlic/vitamin c formula every night. This will always act as hypertensive drug everyday in a natural fomula
the balm of Giliard is alive. Can heal all things even raise the dead. There is no cause for alarm. All they need do is lay hands on him.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by CAPSLOCKED: 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Where will you die?

BEER PARLOR AFTER DRINKING TO STUPOR, SIR. smiley

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by ademidedavid(f): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:

I know my hand work and I know where but just ask yourself and repent before It is too late # YOLO
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by sharpwriter(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
HardMirror:
the balm of Giliard is alive. Can heal all things even raise the dead. There is no cause for alarm. All they need do is lay hands on him.

Gilead
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by Liveair: 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dear Christian,

If you are observant and just a bit intelligent, you will know that there is no difference between your faith and any other Religion. Nothing what so ever.

They die in their Mosque, you die in Church.
They are bombed in the Mosque, your Church collapses on you.
Thunder strikes them on their way to their gatherings, thunder strikes you while returning from yours.

You pray and get answers, they pray and get answers.
Every religion will die one day...just a matter of when.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by HardMirror(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
sharpwriter:

Gilead
angry who ask u for correct spelling? grin
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by Greatzeus(m): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
His watch has ended cry
If this is how fake pastors fall and die on pulpits, every Tom dick and Harry wouldn't be opening a one room shop converted to church,just to make money.
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by campuscatch: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
The Reverend is a vicar at the Tombia Community Anglican Parish. He hails from Kolokuma and not Tombia.

These bloggers and kangaroo news/gossips them ehn.... cry
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by sharpwriter(m): 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
HardMirror:
angry who ask u for correct spelling? grin

Your Giliard na.... it was crying for correction wink
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by bjayx: 7:01am On Aug 14, 2018
Rip
Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by hopefulLandlord: 7:14am On Aug 14, 2018
paparazzi1987:
Many Nigerians are not healthy but they dont know due to lack of regular medical checkups

No need to be healthy when you can pronounce good health into your life through the name of a Jew killed by three nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by hopefulLandlord: 7:14am On Aug 14, 2018
HardMirror:
Good. Thank God it happened in church all they need to do is ask him to get up in Jesus name. It always works. This is not news jare.

Yes o! its even biblical

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted

2 Likes

shinechinedu:
This looks like he died of the "Widowmaker heart attack". This is the worst possible form of heart attack because it can start slowly and you'll only experience a slight headache, sweating and feeling very tired.. the symptoms can be very confusing and if you don't go to the hospital on time before a 70% blockage, you're history.. I wonder why the medical community has not sounded the alarm on this particular type of heart attack especially as we've seen too many cases of "he just slumped and died"... This country ehn

Why would Nigeria medical community sound such an alarm when the people they're sounding the alarm to would just scoff at it and say those doctors are all wrong that's its "village people" that are behind "Slump and die"?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by hopefulLandlord: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2018
MartinCorridon:

I'll die in the hands of a religious mob who would kill me for ridiculing their ridiculous beliefs

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony by MartinCorridon: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'll die in the hands of a religious mob who would kill me for ridiculing their ridiculous beliefs

Hihihihi. I always love your comments. Always hilarious.

If Nairaland bible thumping crew catch up with you, they would do just that grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

'I Support A Restructured Nigeria' - Pastor Bakare Addresses The Nation (speech) / Was Abraham An Arab Or A Jew? / If You Are Left Behind On Rapture Day, Will You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.