Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (18881 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Update On Gombe Muslim Students That Murdered A Female Christian Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TheOne2(m): 1:28am On Mar 30, 2007
Right now I am deeply grieved by the barbarism that was meted out to a friend of mine, the late Mrs Oluwatoyin Oluwasesin, by supposedly secondary school students in Gombe State. I actually saw a topic relating it earlier and contributed to it by pasting Reuben Abati's write-up in The Guardian of Saturday last week not knowing that the person in question was actually an acquintance. The full story can be accessed on the link below:

http://www.christianpersecution.info/news/nigeria-muslims-club-christian-teacher-to-death/

I knew her as a fellow student of Obafemi Awolowo University and she was a very gentle and easy-going person. I didn't know she was the one earlier because she has since gottten married and thus I couldn't recognize the surname. It was a mutual friend that called me tonight to inform me and since then I've just been disoriented. I've tried in vain to search for all the earlier threads on this issue but somehow they can't be found anywhere which is why I'm posting it anew. This is past midnight and I should be asleep but I just can't sleep. It is just unbelievable that human life will matter so little in the hands of young people. Later the muslims will come on nairaland and start defending them. I am angry, hurt, depressed about the "unequal  yoke" in our country Nigeria and , I am just lost for words right now.

This issue must not be swept under the carpet, it's high time we said NO!!! to all these religion-inspired murders. The campaign is starting and I will not relent until it is brought to the highest levels of discussion. Please anybody that has the ear of any senator or house of reps member should bring this to their notice and demand that it should be addressed in the house. We have to do something about this as tomorrow it might be just anyone, though you won't catch me dead in  northern Nigeria anyway. The people are nice and everything but when religion is brought into the equation they just turn into animals. I chose not to expose myself to such risk and hence I WILL NEVER GO THERE!!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by cuteass1(f): 1:30am On Mar 30, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry

what is the world turning into?? cry cry

may her soul rest in perfect peace. My condolence to her family cry
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Seun(m): 1:32am On Mar 30, 2007
'Liberal' muslims must come out to condemn such barbarism. Sitting on the fence will no longer be acceptable to us.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 30, 2007
dont bother, this thread like all the many on this same issue will soon disappear mysteriously.

It seems violence by muslims is condoned and it is a crime to speak against it.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 30, 2007
The term "moderate" or "liberal" muslim has been exposed for the myth it really is. There are no "liberal" muslims, it is another special class of muslims invented by the politically correct media to placate a group that have made violence and intolerance pillars of their religion.

One wonders why the sultan has been silent ever since. Is this because this has nothing to do with ajami inscriptions?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by ZuluNation(m): 1:52am On Mar 30, 2007
Very sad story, how in God's name do you explain this to her poor kid. There Mom was brutally killed because of the Quran?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TheOne2(m): 11:10am On Mar 30, 2007
I wonder how they expect her kids to view the religion of Islam when they grow. And the hypocritical islam defenders on nairaland have refused to comment on this, instead they are busy posting all sorts of rubbish.

I challenge all of you, BABS787, OYB, MUKINA2, BELLOTI, come out and defend this one. This is where we want you to prove your mettle and not on some idiotic thread where you trade fallacies!!!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by OmoEko1(f): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2007
Am sorry about your friend, may are soul rest in perfect peace.

And plz no one should criticize all Muslims, becos it hurt me when i see how u guys are talking about it.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mrpataki(m): 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2007
Martin Luther King Jr. once said "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter".

Taking a human life is not to be taken on a light weight of hand moreso when it now comes from SS1 kids shocked

Labelling Muslims as been liberal is an arrogant way of thinking!

Wonder why the over zealous patriots of Islam are not here to address this anomaly cry
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mazaje(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2007
Islam preaches 'PEACE ' they always say. they are quick to kill in the name of the koran or islam and yet they keep lying to themselves stupid blood sucking demons!!!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by gracious(f): 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2007
blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted. I was really depresed after reading the story. I have been praying for my country, and her family /friends. guys its time to rise up . if the older generation are adamant , and non-chalant about the plight of the average Nigerian then we had better take develop ourselves to change our country. Honestly I have lost faith in our leaders. I am waiting for the day all the evil ones would leave office. but are we going to make better decisions or just follow the tradition? I believe that many people in Nigeria are hungry for a positive change. We can make a difference. I believe the christians should stage a protest . It is time to fight for liberty. A few people may die or get hurt here and there . But if no one bells the cat, who would. This same kinds of stories would keep reoccuring. Think about Ghandi, he was a matyr. fighting against the British colonial oppression, think about Martin Luther Kind and the civil rights movement. I can say for sure that if Martin Lurther King/black folks had never stood up for their rights, open discrimination shall still exist today. But the lingering question is
Who would bell the cat??
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2007
GOMBE, Nigeria (Compass Direct News) --Two days after the killing of a Christian teacher in this town in northern Nigeria, Muslim extremists set fire to a church building of the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA) in the Chanchanya section.

“Our religious rights are being violated daily,” Gaius said, and the government “has not made effort to protect us.” Rather, the Islamic government of the state encourages discrimination and crimes against Christians, he said.

The problems confronting Christians, he said, are related to the state having adopted sharia (Islamic law), which “encourages persecution of Christians.”

[b]“There are no CRS [Christian Religious Studies] teachers in government schools, and yet there are Islamic Religious Studies teachers in all government schools in this state,” he said. “This is so even when there are Christian students in such government schools.”

“We have 15 Muslim converts into the Christian faith. They were to be killed by other Muslims, and so we had to take them in,” he said. “They are currently in other safer towns in the country.”

http://www.christianpersecution.info/news/nigeria-muslim-extremists-set-church-on-fire/
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by buluti(m): 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2007
I am just getting to read the actual account of this story and what NONSENSE. If at the tender age Allah Akhbar means it is time to kill someone when these ones grow older what do we expect.

I think enough of the debates in here from a logial point this story ALONE provides an accurate picture of the islamic religion, i wonder where the notion of Islam is a peaceful religion originated from, its not just logical or possible.

Would apologist call the little girl extremist or the other students in the school, the problem is the teachings (instructions in their faith) they had received, it called for violence and death when an "infidel" touches the Quoran, it really beats my imagination little girls i just wonder what the future holds for these ones, if at that age they can exhibit babaric tendencies.

I am convinced that it is the teachings of Islam that is causing this nonsense, to prove this you wont hear the sultan or any muslim leader condem the act in strong terms (they can't go against their faith), how can we be convinced otherwise?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Seun(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2007
No Nairaland muslim has bothered to condemn this action,
therefore I must conclude that this is the nature of Islam. What a shame.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2007
Rev. Gaius, who is also vice chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Gombe state chapter, said security reports to CAN show that Muslim extremists have marked out 15 more churches to be burned down.

God save us from the spirit of the bondwoman AMEN.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TheOne2(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2007
When will all these stop for goodness sake? Is it until there's a full scale religious war until the attention of the people in government is drawn to these? When you push someone to the wall and he does have anywhere else to go, he will come at you with a fury.  We'll not get there in Jesus' name. AMEN
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by gbadex1(m): 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2007
@The One:

i sincerely sympathise with you concerning the death of your close pal. please accept my condolences.

@ the "moderate" muslims (so to speak ) in the house:

you guys seriulsy need to come out en masse and condemn this act actively!!! put yourself in the shoes of those hurting right now and condemn this act!!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by igbonla(m): 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2007
It is well IJN.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by egoldman(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2007
She is yoruba and if you yorubas have accepted this as your fate then thats your cup of tea,am wondering where your OPC people are these days , let them do this to igbos and onitsha reaction would be a child play,as for the so called moderates who have kept silence along with their sultan and adegbite ,we are gradually getting to know their real nature ( violence
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by LoverBwoy(m): 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2007
Seun:

No Nairaland muslim has bothered to condemn this action,
therefore I must conclude that this is the nature of Islam. What a shame.

wow you are so smart! you now decide to put the thread on the front page, you think everyone is on nairaland to discuss religion.

May her soul rest in peace
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by LoverBwoy(m): 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2007
egoldman:

She is yoruba and if you yorubas have accepted this as your fate then thats your cup of tea,am wondering where your OPC people are these days , let them do this to igbos and onitsha reaction would be a child play,as for the so called moderates who have kept silence along with their sultan and adegbite ,we are gradually getting to know their real nature ( violence

So apart from being a tragic incident, you turned it to a tribal/ethnic issue aswell, nice and you wonder what nigeria is turning into
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by DrDre1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2007
@The One
Sorry about what happened. May God console you and the family of the Lady. May God's grace also be sufficient for you all at this trying period of your lives.

@ Topic
angryI'm really really vexed in my spirit angry

This madness has been on for a long time but nothing serious has been done about. All their apologists should come and defend this one now angry angry angry angry. I keep wondering  why a religion that says it is about peace will allow so much violence.

Even Borno state that they said is a peacful place joined the madness during my NYSC programme. To now think that this all started in a girls only school, it's a big shame.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Beautygyal(f): 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2007
@ topic iam sorry for the loved one that you've just lost, i hope she rests in peace.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by sisimose(f): 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2007
so so sorry about this loss , May her soul rest in peace, i hope justice gets served.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by kebab(f): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2007
i just read the editorial in the punch newspapers

and at times like this, i most certainly do not want to be a muslim or be associated with ISLAM.

its really a sad sad story

and it amazes me how some people can take a life that they didnot and can never create.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by DrDre1(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2007
@ 4 Play
I totally agree with you on that. 2 wrongs don't make a right.  
When they are separated, will they will burn themselves?

However, people are forced to defend themselves.

@ Kebab
It's consolling to know that there are still muslims like you in this world.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by buluti(m): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2007
kebab:

i just read the editorial in the punch newspapers
and at times like this, i most certainly do not want to be a muslim or be associated with ISLAM.
its really a sad sad story
and it amazes me how some people can take a life that they didnot and can never create.

Its not consoling to know there are still muslims like you. Have you been reading the thread. What is you opinion on the issue, at times like this you don't want to be associated with islam but do you see anything wrong in killing or stoning a christain to death because she touched the Quoran (if she did). Please speak directly and strongly am tired of all this "moderate muslims" who politically oppose violence but don't stand up and be counted.

If i may ask what does the Quoran say abount "an infidel" touching the Quoran. I think the anlaysis of this thread and islam should start form there.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 4Play(m): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2007
In a Muslim Northernstate,there will still be people to burn.Don't forget that many Northerners are Christians.That constitutes sufficient burning material for decades to come
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by ireke(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2007
Aplologies for this long posting:

The One,
I sympathize with you. My heart really bled when the news broke. I even tried as much as possible to avoid looking at the picture of her widower and the 10 months old baby that was published in the daily Sun because the grief was too much for me. So I can imagine what you have to go through having known her personally.

Fellow nairalanders,
Let's leave islam and muslims alone o. They are not our fundamental problem in this particular instance. our problem is the worthless government that could not even hold anybody responsible for the death.

Few days before this killing, former Gombe state governor - hashidu something - was arraigned in court. His supporters came to the court house to "release" him. The judge was seriously injured in the attempt. Nobody has been held for the offence. Can you imagine the madness?

My concern is that we have no government and it's like anything goes as long as you have the clout to sail through. If islamic extremists know that the law will hold them responsible, even the principal, teachers, neighbors around the school will behave differently given the situation. Are there no islamic extremists or criminals in other places in the world? If they are afraid of the law things might change a little bit. Being an islamic fundamentalist is not an excuse to perpetrate crime. Rev. King was denounced by almost everyone that matters in Christendom (in naija). He has been sentenced to death.

If criminals - christian or muslim fundamentalists - know that the law can bite, they will think twice before they do evil. But unfortunately, the law will never bite until the gluttons that are ruling us leave trivialities alone and devote time to governance.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by buluti(m): 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2007
ireke:

Rev. King was denounced by almost everyone that matters in Christendom (in naija). He has been sentenced to death.
If criminals - christian or muslim fundamentalists - know that the law can bite, they will think twice before they do evil. But unfortunately, the law will never bite until the gluttons that are ruling us leave trivialities alone and devote time to governance.

My point exactly where is the muslim hierarchy, there has been no official statement since the incidence from the Sultan or Adegbite condeming the acts, and it is the same world wide the leadership doesnt condem they give reasons for the acts.

Whilst i agree with you on the issue of governance and the law enforcement being inadequate thats an issue for another thread, we take that as a constant here and are trying to ensure that we can live together religiously in harmony, the law enforcement cant combat crime. Its not acceptable yes but thats an issue for another thread.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by ireke(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2007
@Buluti,
if adegbite and sultan says it's OK to kill, what will we do next? turn to the law for salvation. If the law had apprehended these people, we won't care about whatever adegbite or sultan says. in fact they will quickly come out in clear terms to condemn the act so that they won't be dragged in by any error of commission or ommission. But who fears the law?? Nobody!!! Those of use that are "nobodies" are the only ones that fear the law. For the big ones, law na their doggie. It bites their opponents and protects them.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by abdkabir(m): 11:04pm On Mar 30, 2007
Commiserations! cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.