Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (51540 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by NevetsIbot(m): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
How Best Do I Handle This Issue With My Cousins August visit?

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by buttlover(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
this space is strictly for sale.
your cousin is a marlian. visiting you without your notice means that he is on the run.

221 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Vyolet(f): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
He is there to cause nuiscance and unfortunately, you may not be able to chase him amicably unless you go down with a fight. The fight is what I'm not sure you will ever win.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Foodqueen(f): 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
He's gonna be around for a long time.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by otipoju(m): 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
He is a cultist and uses your place as a hiding place. This cannot end well. Better relocate for him or tell your aunty and if he wants to fight be prepared to do so savagely.

226 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by chillex8(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
I will comment when it gets to FP
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by NevetsIbot(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Vyolet:
He is there to cause nuiscance and unfortunately, you may not be able to chase him amicably unless you go down with a fight. The fight is what I'm not sure you will ever win.

I don't know about who'll win the fight but I wrestle and take other self defense classes.

We'll see how it goes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by NevetsIbot(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
Foodqueen:
He's gonna be around for a long time.

I can never let that happen. God forbid

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by NevetsIbot(m): 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
otipoju:
He is a cultist and uses your place as a hiding place. This cannot end well. Better relocate for him or tell your aunty and if he wants to fight be prepared to do so savagely.

I suspected he probably was being hunted in Ogun state and had to lie low in another state.. I'd tell his mother as a last resort.

I'm going to talk to him soon as I get home again and let him know of his bullshit then if he makes it rough... We'll make it rough

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by StrikeBack(m): 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
Na cult guy and your house na shelter

Saynotocultism

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by maxjax(m): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
start watchin' your back from now on ....seems your brother is a wanted fellow
lipsrsealed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by strafist911: 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bros! There is no brotherhood in the jungle oh! If you know accommodating your cousin will get you in some serious trouble & he has no serious reason for staying with you, ask him to leave your house Asap.
Dude is obviously a cultist who is on the run (probably after pulling a hit in his area) & is seeking refuge in ur house.
Besides, these days I have come to realise that cousins are not as loyal as they used to be many years back. Cousins nowadays are so toxic, competitive & will pull you down without having a 2nd thought about it. If I should tell u what some of my cousins have done to me eh, well that's a story for another day.

237 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by extremelygolden: 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
You can do something.

Confide with your trusted and closest friends in school. Let them come and act up like, because they allowed you to put up with them, you're now forming owner of the house, abi? Just a little travel for few months and you're already feeling like Landlord, abi? And as if that's not enough, you went ahead to accommodate someone else.

They should ask you to pack your things and leave the room immediately before they get you arrested. You on the other hand should pretend to beg with tears in your eyes, that they should allow you to finish your exams and you'll go look for another accommodation.

Of course they're meant to say no. You no understand? cheesy You on the other hand will be grumbling as in, how are you going to cope now.
Just pick your few clothes and go stay in your friends apartment while they stay in yours. Like temporarily swapping apartment.

Make sure all this is played out when your cousin will notice at least part of the drama. I know he'll want to fight them, but just let him know that you can't pay good with evil. And that you leave them to God. And that those guys have been helpful to you for a long time now. Don't call them friends in your cousin's presence so he wouldn't know what's up.

I hate rubbish abeg.

257 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by OnpointDesign(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
You need peace of mind oh.

You can also get your existing logo to have this 3D look if you want for just 2k.

Send me a message now let's start smoking.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Teewhy2: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Is better you hurt him now by eject him out than allowing him to bring wrong people to you that might bring everlasting pain to you.
Your family will understand if you eject him.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Kingrexyl(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Just chase him off, tell him you are not comfortable with him being around, just grow some balls and do that.

36 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by igbolastborn(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Because you have a place to stay and you are ok, may you not be rejected in life. This life na once o, so help while you can, he is your cousin na, dont be an ingrate like Buhari.

Check my signature, so you won't have a cousin use you do shakara

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by tundchip2: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
grin I know his type. I've had a friend too like that.
Cultist, yeye cultist. The guy come back for night dey knock, I no open but I know he could hear me talking in the house.

Just tell him, if he wants to still wants to be living with you, he has to respect your space ET Al.
Just use style reason am. But if e wan harness his full blown mentality and stupidness because he thinks he's tough, just don't open the door when he comes back at night.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by recievesense: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
tell him leave my house

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by NigeriaBam: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
grin It Simple. Use "AFOSHE" (Spiritual Command) Tell Him To leave your House.. If possible tell him to enter Bush.

Meanwhile, Are you looking for TRUSTED and RELIABLE Data Seller. Check My Profile or Signature MTN and 9mobile Data Is AVAILABLE At Lowest Price.
We're Doing This Business With Honesty, Sincerity, Transparency And God's Fearing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by elektra(f): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Tell him to leave, in English or Yoruba, or whichever language you guys speak.
You cannot live life without offending some people and if he wants to get offended, let him.
You guys are not even close, and since you don’t want to be close sef, better to keep him at arms lengths now rather than later.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Akukaliaa(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
cry

Without cousins, life would be boring and hard.

I have just one cousin named "Ezeofor".
He arranged the first woman I slept with in 2011.
He gave me my first bottle of beer in same year.
He taught how to woo a girl and how to masturbate with the image of the wooed lady when the wooing fails.
He taught me how to be generous with everything.
He taught me the benefits of sacrifice and the need to be self-less.
He even taught me how to get a woman pregnant.

Ezeofor taught me a whole lot about life - the real life.

Our relationship wasn't all rosy in the beginning. We had our differences. Big differences. But we soon got along. And we stayed together and built a very strong relationship.

I graduated with no job and a pregnant girlfriend. Life was hard till Ezeofor signed for a club in Europe and poverty became history.

Boi! Take it easy. You might not need him today, but tomorrow is a fool. Have a large heart!

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by TechSpace02: 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mini Laptop for sale check my signature.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
If he's truly into cultism then you have in your mouth more than you can chew

Don't let any opponent use you to count score

The rough and cult guys in your area will start getting close to him and by extension getting close to your house/room

Those cultists have fish brain they will try to blend you in and if you don't they another problem for you

talk to him gently and counsel him but if he won't listen - AVOID HIM LIKE SHIT, HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER YOU NOT NOW AND NOT IN THE FUTURE

26 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by KennieKingOba(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
chill, just chill

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Thukzee01(m): 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
chillex8:
I will comment when it gets to FP
its on FP already.

Your cousin is a cultist ,using your place as shelter .
it's obvious kasala don burst where he stays in Ogun state, do well to contact his mom/your aunt and stay away from your room for sometime ,till you're overly sure of the situation.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hello Cousin, Please, LEAVE MY HOUSE!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by remi1444: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Your best shot is to place him on a hunger strike by locking your kitchen knowingly. You could also give him unnecessary attitudes like making him do the house chores which he's likely going to find insulting as per the alpha male he thinks he is.

If you successfully do the above, he'll get the clue, he'll not unless he's daft.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by davillian(m): 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
He doesn't have anything to do at your place
So call your aunt
And tell him to ask him to come home.
Delay is dangerous and he is being tracked I suspect he is a cultist and they will come for him probably Bleep both of u up
Or Bleep you up if they meet his absence....
Stay sharp

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Homeless Man And Wife Get Help From Twitter As They Go Viral / Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / Is My Wife Cheating On Me??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.