Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election (701 Views)

Man Who Promised To Donate To Buhari’s Re-election Dies In Car Accident / Beautiful Ladies Support Buhari And APC (Photos) / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by EmekaMD(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Patriotism means to Stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.. Theodore Roosevelt.

Disclaimer.. this is my personal opinion and does not in any way reflect the position of any group or ethnic nationality..

I have a million and one reasons why President Buhari should not be supported for another term but I will give a few for the sake of making my writing reader-friendly. I'll be willing to argue and present more points with any Sai Baba chanter who has a different opinion.. so be free to air you convictions but respectfully as Nairaland does not condone wrong choice of words..

1. The country is more divided along ethic and religious lines today more than ever. Before 2015 election there were divisions here and there but it has never been this bad. Before then, Igbos where Igbos and not idiotic people of Biafra and then authentic Igbos as it's been called here in Nairaland. Yourobas were only one and not Youruba Muslim, skull miners and then proper Yourubas. And so on..

Now this could have been averted if President Buhari was swift and mindful of his comments as a leader of a multi-ethnic nationality..
He would have realized that both APC and PDP ran a very divisive campaign. That he had won eventually and should focus on re-intergrating and making sure everyone is carried along. After all he is the president of all and not only for those that voted for him. But he chose to be naive and careless and that has backfired into the divisiveness and hatred among ethic lines in Nigeria of today.
Even the EU, US, UK have advised him not to seek re-election because he'd only make matters worst should come back again. Who is that patriotic Nigerian that wants to see the worst of what is happening in Nigeria today?

2. The economy is worst than ever today. Don't be fooled. Jonathan and the cabinets may have stolen heavily but they ran a progressive Nigeria. And oil price was lower in Obasanjos time yet Nigeria fared much better.
The analogy I use to give my friends about Buhari's corruption fight is this.
A manager who came in believing that his predecessor had stolen so much from the company and so he decided to put the company under lock and key. Throw the key into his pocket while he chase after the predecessor. While he was on the chase the company lost all her clients, no sales and the company eventually went bankrupt.

So which one is better. The manager that makes profit and steals part of it or the one who put the gate under lock and makes no sales at all, and yet some of his people still steal? I'm not trying to absolve anyone though..

3. The clannishness.. it's very palpable even to the Sai Baba chanters that this administration has sacrificed competence on the altar of clannishness. I mean how can anyone have confidence in a government where all the heads of the security apparatus would have to come from the Presidents neighborhood? Someone argued that he chose the people he knew and trusted and I'm not how can the rest of us trust him if he doesn't know and trust us too?

4. Buhari clearly has no integrity. A man who promised to end foreign medical tourism, to sale off a the 10 private jets in the Presidential hangar, to end corruption, to create jobs, and many more. He eventually resorted to either denying some of the promises or blaming the past administration. I mean why were you voted for in the first place?

5. Buhari clearly has nothing new again to offer Nigerians.
Who would love to see the hatred and mistrust continue like this on Nigeria?
Who still believes that Buhari has the magic wand to steer to the path of prosperity?
Who still believes that Buhari can build a befitting hospital to treat himself (and end foreign medical tourism) after all the billions budgetted for aso clinic in the last 3yrs and yet nothing to show for it?

This has nothing to do with APC and PDP. It's about Nigeria.
I'm my own little way I canvassed for Buhari in 2015 because I believed that Jonathan had exhausted all he could offer and we needed a new brain.
And today and canvassing against Buhari because he had exhausted all he had. Infact he never had anything in the first place. All he had was lies and desperacy.

So my question is why can't APC present Nigerians with a better choice other than Buhari?

Why can't Nigerians voted another party if all APC would have to offer us again is Buhari?

Who would wanna see the worst version of the divisiveness and hatred in Nigeria today?
If you think the worst of Buhari is this ask the EU, UK, US and then come back to argue. The have reported that the worst is coming should Buhari be allowed to come back..

Nigeria wake up and start moving. The world is faster than your imagination is telling you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by loverboys: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
9c
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by alterswerve(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by Freetech: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
Comedian, so who do we vote for?

Looters and killer PDP. Do you see what they have started doing in Ekiti because they lost election. The same thing they are doing everywhere they lost election in 2015. Ask yourself why SW have peaceful.

Or vote Saraki so he can run aground Nigeria the he did societie bank and senate and provide tools to his good boys to rob and kill.

Continue deceiving yourself. Nigerian are wiser. Unless you pray that 16years o yourf life be managed the way PDP managed Nigeria.

One of them was weeping when he saw what roads look like in your region. I think he would have shed blood if he saw it before 2016. Thank Buhari for the construction on going now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by Mystiquefia: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nay, On The Contrary Those Lamenting And Antagonising Buhari's Re-election Bid Are The Afflicted And Disconsolate Rebels Of Biafra Peculiar For Their Unpatriotism And Treason Against Nigeria, Which Going By Your Name You Happen To Subjective To. Its Your Hatred For Buhari That Has Obscured Your Ability To Deal With The Reality Of Your Unpatriotism And Rebellion Against Nigeria. PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS ARE FOR BUHARI TILL AFTER 2023 When Power Will Return To A Credible Candidate In The Southwest Or Southsouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by 26carat(m): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
You have captured my thoughts in more ways than I could. I respect the president PMB but it seems Nigeria is overwhelming in all ways. Thanks op.
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by EmekaMD(m): 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
Freetech:
Comedian, so who do we vote for?

Looters and killer PDP. Do you see what they have started doing in Ekiti because they lost election. The same thing they are doing everywhere they lost election in 2015. Ask yourself why SW have peaceful.

Or vote Saraki so he can run aground Nigeria the he did societie bank and senate and provide tools to his good boys to rob and kill.

Continue deceiving yourself. Nigerian are wiser. Unless you pray that 16years o yourf life be managed the way PDP managed Nigeria.

One of them was weeping when he saw what roads look like in your region. I think he would have shed blood if he saw it before 2016. Thank Buhari for the construction on going now.
someone asked who should we vote for?
Does it means the best Nigeria could offer is Buhari?

It's a pity

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by EmekaMD(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mystiquefia:
Nay, On The Contrary Those Lamenting And Antagonising Buhari's Re-election Bid Are The Afflicted And Disconsolate Rebels Of Biafra Peculiar For Their Unpatriotism And Treason Against Nigeria, Which Going By Your Name You Happen To Subjective To. Its Your Hatred For Buhari That Has Obscured Your Ability To Deal With The Reality Of Your Unpatriotism And Rebellion Against Nigeria. PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS ARE FOR BUHARI TILL AFTER 2023 When Power Will Return To A Credible Candidate In The Southwest Or Southsouth.
you talk about hate? Pitiful..
Why don't you tell Nigerians why they should vote Buhari instead. Sell your candidate with substantiable evidence..

And you wanna vote Buhari so that power will come back to SW in 2023? That sounds like the most ridiculous reason ever to support a president.
Putting personal interest over the interest of the whole nation? So wether he does well or not as far as power is coming back or you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by beegodson: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
i believe its our right to vote and we are entitled to vote our choice... i see no reason why someone will come out to say no patriotic should support Buhari... its our choice to make not yours, if our choice is PMB its our choice to make in its entirety and not someone else's..In-fact 90% of Nigerians are solidly in support of PMB for 2019, so the reverse is the case here patriotic Nigerians will vote Buhari for 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by babyfaceafrica: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
your opinion
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by EmekaMD(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
beegodson:
i believe its our right to vote and we are entitled to vote our choice... i see no reason why someone will come out to say no patriotic should support Buhari... its our choice to make not yours, if our choice is PMB its our choice to make in its entirety and not someone else's..In-fact 90% of Nigerians are solidly in support of PMB for 2019, so the reverse is the case here patriotic Nigerians will vote Buhari for 2019.
yes it's ur choice eventually, but if the choice you make is gonna affect us all then we'd have to give you reasons to make the right choose.
If you had a separate country then it wouldn't matter who u chose to vote
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by Mystiquefia: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
EmekaMD:
you talk about hate? Pitiful..
Why don't you tell Nigerians why they should vote Buhari instead. Sell your candidate with substantiable evidence..

And you wanna vote Buhari so that power will come back to SW in 2023? That sounds like the most ridiculous reason ever to support a president.
Putting personal interest over the interest of the whole nation? So wether he does well or not as far as power is coming back or you?

Buhari Does Not Need Hired Merceneries To Sell Him Out To Nigerians Like You Are Doing For PDP. I Think The Just Concluded Re-run Elections In Bauchi And Katsina Speaks Volumes Abou His Popularity In Nigeria. If For Nothing, Patriotic Nigerians Will Vote For Buhari Anyday Anytime, For Taming The Biafra Madness In The East And Changing For Better The Economic Parameters That Were Crippled By His Predecessors Who Mismanaged Our Resources And Plunged Us Into Recession.
SAI BABA!!

1 Like

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by ayokellany: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
EmekaMD:

and who should they support ?
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by EmekaMD(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
ayokellany:
and who should they support ?
the person with the best credentials..
In medicine there's something called diagnosis of exclusion.
You start with elimination method..

So Buhari is the first to be eliminated already..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by EmekaMD(m): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mystiquefia:

Buhari Does Not Need Hired Merceneries To Sell Him Out To Nigerians Like You Are Doing For PDP. I Think The Just Concluded Re-run Elections In Bauchi And Katsina Speaks Volumes Abou His Popularity In Nigeria. If For Nothing, Patriotic Nigerians Will Vote For Buhari Anyday Anytime, For Taming The Biafra Madness In The East And Changing For Better The Economic Parameters That Were Crippled By His Predecessors Who Mismanaged Our Resources And Plunged Us Into Recession.
SAI BABA!!
people who have traveled outside the shore of Nigeria have seen how sane climes work.
You can trust us wen we say that Buhari is doing so much disservice to Nigeria.

Nigeria derserves more.
We have the best brains for the job..

Buhari is not even qualified to lead a LGA to start .
The mistake must be corrected
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by 7lives: 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
EmekaMD:
people who have traveled outside the shore of Nigeria have seen how sane climes work.
You can trust us wen we say that Buhari is doing so much disservice to Nigeria.

Nigeria derserves more.
We have the best brains for the job..

Buhari is not even qualified to lead a LGA to start .
The mistake must be corrected

I saw the kind of service that your party offered for sixteen years, let me manage this one wey Buhari dey offer.

1 Like

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by EmekaMD(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
7lives:

I saw the kind of service that your party offered for sixteen years, let me manage this one wey Buhari dey offer.
my party? I didn't have any party..
My Interest is Nigeria and not party
Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by ayokellany: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
EmekaMD:
the person with the best credentials..
In medicine there's something called diagnosis of exclusion.
You start with elimination method..

So Buhari is the first to be eliminated already..

Awesome !

When you are done with the exclusion come back and tell me who is the best option among the lot. Hopefully you will not come back to tell me any candidate among the party with the slogan of sharing our collective wealth is your answer. You will only if you want Amadioha to destroy your entire household.

1 Like

Re: Why No Patriotic Nigerian Should Support Buhari's Re-election by Angrymode: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
beegodson:

Please how did you come out with that 90% answer? Ayam not understanding this ur Maths.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kill Nigerian Soldier Corporal David In Borno(photos) / Victory For Buhari As He Polls 455,656 To Emerge Winner In Abia APC Primaries / You Gave Us Buhari,we Will Give You Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.