Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

My International Passport Held By France Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My International Passport Held By France Embassy (1282 Views)

Just Collected My International Passport / World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / France Embassy Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My International Passport Held By France Embassy by tyman(m): 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2018
Good day house, please i dont know if anyone has had my experience before.

I applied for France visiting visa through VFS in February 2018, but was denied with the excuse that "my intention was not justified". Though, i wanted to visit France and South Africa for my vacation then, so i only went South Africa.

After, i came back fro S.A, i reapplied for the France visa again, now with the inclusion of my leave letter from my office, since im still within my 6 weeks leave period.

This time again, when i went for the collection of my passport, i was again denied, but the strange thing was that my passport was not returned to VFS, rather a note that my passport will be returned to the IMMIGRATION SERVICE.

From March till date, im yet to get the passport from the immigration, both in lagos and abuja.

There's no way you can make enquiry from the embassy because you won't be allowed in but just to call a phone line at the gate, and the only answer they do give is to check at the immigration office, if not there that means is still under processing.

Please, what are they processing for almost 5 months now. Infact my UK visa got expired on the passport.

Anybody with such experience? and pls advise on the way forward.

Will really appreciate house.
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by skedman(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
You need the service of a lawyer to write them and a clause to sue them in respect to the expiration of your uk visa

5 Likes

Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by DisGuy: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
Have you made enquiries at the Nigerian immigration office, to see if your passport was ever reported/returned to them?
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by tyman(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
DisGuy:
Have you made enquiries at the Nigerian immigration office, to see if your passport was ever reported/returned to them?
DisGuy:

Yes, i have been to immigration office, ikeja severally and also made enquiry at Abuja, but not reported/returned.
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by DisGuy: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
I suggest you get a lawyer to write to them and maybe copy the police and immigration. They should at least show evidence they've posted it to immigration
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by tyman(m): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
DisGuy:
I suggest you get a lawyer to write to them and maybe copy the police and immigration. They should at least show evidence they've posted it to immigration

Alright, i will do just that

Thanks
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
tyman:
Good day house, please i dont know if anyone has had my experience before.

I applied for France visiting visa through VFS in February 2018, but was denied with the excuse that "my intention was not justified". Though, i wanted to visit France and South Africa for my vacation then, so i only went South Africa.

After, i came back fro S.A, i reapplied for the France visa again, now with the inclusion of my leave letter from my office, since im still within my 6 weeks leave period.

This time again, when i went for the collection of my passport, i was again denied, but the strange thing was that my passport was not returned to VFS, rather a note that my passport will be returned to the IMMIGRATION SERVICE.

From March till date, im yet to get the passport from the immigration, both in lagos and abuja.

There's no way you can make enquiry from the embassy because you won't be allowed in but just to call a phone line at the gate, and the only answer they do give is to check at the immigration office, if not there that means is still under processing.

Please, what are they processing for almost 5 months now. Infact my UK visa got expired on the passport.

Anybody with such experience? and pls advise on the way forward.

Will really appreciate house.

Any fake visa stamp on that passport after your SA trip?

1 Like

Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by tyman(m): 8:41am On Aug 15, 2018
justwise:

Any fake visa stamp on that passport after your SA trip?

Nope, after the SA trip, though i had Ghana that was back in 2016, of which i have being to the UAE in December 2017, then SA in February 2018.

1 Like

Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by mavinc4u(f): 9:11am On Aug 15, 2018
tyman:

Nope, after the SA trip, though i had Ghana that was back in 2016, of which i have being to the UAE in December 2017, then SA in February 2018.

you had Ghana that is fake?
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by DisGuy: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2018
but you don't need a visa for Ghana...
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by tyman(m): 10:32am On Aug 15, 2018
DisGuy:
but you don't need a visa for Ghana...

Sorry, not visa , stamped entry/exit permit

You know, at one point in time, we all have where we get it wrong, it was the handiwork of the travel agent then.

It wasn't visa, but entry/exit permit, but that was in 2016, after which i had travelled to dubai and south africa as earlier stated, i also have uk visa that got expired in may.
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by Agbaletu: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
tyman:

That was a signal to your problem here.
You need to go to the HQ in Abuja.
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by tyman(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Agbaletu:

That was a signal to your problem here.
You need to go to the HQ in Abuja.

Immigration or France Embassy?
Re: My International Passport Held By France Embassy by Agbaletu: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
tyman:

Immigration or France Embassy?
Immigration

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Travel To Europe By Road / Ways To Rank High In The Canada Express Entry Pool / I Got An Offer Of Traveling To Italy By My Uncle Who Organizes Sportsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.