Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead (60720 Views)

Joi Nunieh: I Slapped Akpabio For Sexually Harassing Me / Akpabio To Joy Nunieh: 'You Married 4 Husbands' / Thugs Attempt To Stop Joy Nunieh From Exposing Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Upritman(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2018
@SuanusBlog

A renowned lawyer and former lawmaker from Ogoni in Rivers State, Senator Cyrus Nunieh is dead.

The sad event occurred after the 88 year old Elder statesman married a young lady identified as Rosemary Ijeoma last year which went viral on the internet.

Suanu's Blog recalls that the wedding took place at the Presidential Hotel in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

His former wife had died in 1991.

Speaking on why he decided to marry again at old age, Senator Nunieh had said;
“I cannot continue to stay alone. I love her and she loves me. We understand each other and she is also intelligent. In marriage, there are advantages somewhere and disadvantages in other areas.
“There is no limitation in age. Some may say you are old; you may soon die. But some were dead even before they were born. Some were one year or two years old and they die. Death is not always dependent upon a man’s age.
“You know that rose is the best of all flowers and we have two Marys in the Bible; we have Mary, the mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalene.
“She too (Rosemary) is a believer of the Bible. But why are you particular about her age? She is not an infant. She is a very charming woman.”

Unfortunately, death has cut him off from enjoying his new wife.

The late Senator until his death was the President of Bori State Movement.

It may interest you to know that Senator Nunieh was the first lawyer in Ogoniland.

May his soul rest in peace.

(c)
http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/08/obituary-senator-cyrus-nunieh-is-dead.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by EmirAbj: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2018
NA HIS BABY MAMA KILL HIM

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2018
Devil remain a liar

6 Likes

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Uteghe(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2018
...and she inherits all the properties. Fear women. RIP to the dead.

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2018
Died almost a year after remarrying at the age of 87, hope there wont't be any claim to his properties ...

This is the kinda set up you need fictional character like Maddux, Head of the Claims Department of National Fidelity Insurance Company in James Hardley Chase series .

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by brodalikeme(m): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2018
Sorry this wife is not young Ooo, she is only younger than him

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by SolutionMee: 10:27am On Aug 15, 2018
Was he even alive before?

He should instead be grateful that God made it easy for him

Cuz people that are better than him died through accidents and heaven didn't fall

The lady on his left should instead be happy

All properties are now yours

This is what you get when you are fervent in prayer

God have an answer to all our petitions

In all things, let God be forever praised

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by loverboys: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2018
R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by czarina(f): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2018
Sad. RIP papa embarassed
Check my profile if you live in Jos and Lagos cry
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by BruncleZuma: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
We've been successfully shocked...since the young bride has been added to the mix, did she kill him or contribute to his demise?

[img]https://i./3NnVZ.gif[/img]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by dkronicle(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
angry
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by tstx(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
Now i understand what Runtown meant by "And if she follow me go na enjoymemt go kill am"

He wanted to enjoy a young kpekus... The enjoyment ended up killing him.

see my signature

4 Likes

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
That young lady wise abeg...

4 Likes

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by flyca: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Congrats woman!
What others who took your path waited for years and years o. end to come to pass, yours was sldone in one year! wink

Inheritance is now your portion. Amen! grin

4 Likes

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Caseless: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Hmmm...
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by DavSagacity(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Died in active service to a younger bride .
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Onechancearmy(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin

The Old Man

An 88 year old man was having his annual checkup and the doctor asked him how he was feeling. "I've never been better!" he boasted. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that?"

The doctor considered this for a moment, then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season.

But one day he went out in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun."

The doctor continued, "So he was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle." "And do you know what happened?" the doctor queried.

Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No."

The doctor continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"

"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man. "Someone else must have shot that bear."

"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the doctor.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by mattonnairaland: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2018
I hope it's not what I'm thinking lipsrsealed
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by SamAzing: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2018
Rip

You know that rose is the best of all flowers and we have two Marys in the Bible; we have Mary, the mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalene.
“She too (Rosemary) is a believer of the Bible. But why are you particular about her age?

1 Like

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by dingbang(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2018
She will be happy on the day of burial
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Frankiss44(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2018
Maxymilliano:
Died almost a year after remarrying at the age of 87, hope there wont't be any claim to his properties ...

This is the kinda set up you need fictional character like Maddux, Head of the Claims Department of National Fidelity Insurance Company in James Hardley Chase series .

Maddux my man that year...

4 Likes

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by ruffhandu: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2018
Are you saying that "Fresh blood don kill am"?
E don be for the gal. The culture of the land forbids her from leaving that family (a.ka. remarrying). She can only remain there and get laid by anyone (if non of his kinsmen exclusively takes over) and perhaps bear children for the late husband. But one thing, she can never go back to her father's house and remarry. She will remain a widow all her life
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2018
Heeeeyah!
RIP
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by DAntivirus: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2018
hmmm...

Can it be that she rode him to death... grin

1 Like

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by naijapips04: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2018
Died a happy man with empty balls.
Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by 1Sharon(f): 11:21am On Aug 15, 2018
Our sister is free

4 Likes

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Opinionated: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2018
Commiserations with his family.

1 Like

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by lincs25(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2018
Why wouldn't him die, when he has no strength and he want to nack kpekus to satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Obituary: Senator Cyrus Nunieh Is Dead by Impregnable101: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2018
A lawmaker that's almost 90years

& I expect the country to develop with the rest of the world embarassed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Otedola, Duke, Imoukhuede Meet Peter Obi (Photo) / Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters / Wike & Amaechi Exchange Words At The Burial Of Adolphus Karibi -Whyte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.