Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command (10294 Views)

Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by EmagNig(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2018
The Lagos State Police Command have sacked some officer in the force and demoted some other. According to the Commissioner of Police Edgal Imohimi, the police officers sacked numbering eight were dismissed over “very serious criminal offences”.

Edgal, also said that 108 officers were disciplined for various offences from January to July, 2018 in the Lagos State Command.

He made the disclosure at a Stakeholders’ Forum on “Police Accountability and Presentation of Advocacy Materials at the command’s headquarters, Ikeja.

The Police chief said that 58 other officers recorded major entries, six officers reprimanded, 28 officers got warning, four officers had extra fatigue, while five others were discharged for lack of evidences against them.

“The days of police officers receiving slaps on the wrist for offences are gone. When you performed excellently well, you will receive a CP’s Commendation Letter.

“I am not happy punishing any officer, but that does not mean we should overlook unprofessional conducts. When I resumed as CP Lagos, I discovered that the public had lost confidence in the police.

“I set up a Citizen Complaint Hot Centre with 10 mobile phone lines through which people can complain about the wrongs of our men. I have received many complaints.

“However, there is no way I would know all that my men are doing if nobody complained,” he said.

Edgal called on people in Lagos to continue to assist the police with information and other assistance, stressing that the 28,000 officers and men in Lagos were inadequate to police the state.

https://lailasnews.com/8-police-officers-sacked-6-demoted-by-lagos-police-command/

1 Like

Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Shelumiel: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2018
The Nigerian police needs to be overhauled.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by tayo4ng(m): 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hmm,Nigeria police full of criminals, thank God i don't have a policemen as a friend and i ll never never have.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by YomiTee123(m): 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
good for them
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by savio93(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
They should cone to this Ojo area. All this policemen at Alaba whose joybis to collect #100 from Keke riders and then given them numbers. If they don't pay they would harrass them.
It's so bad that it has become entrenched as a culture.

Police now use the Agberos slangs "Owo mi da" - Whey my money?.

This is pure extortion and I feel pained each time I see this.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
“I set up a Citizen Complaint Hot Centre with 10 mobile phone lines through which people can complain about the wrongs of our men. I have received many complaints.
However, there is no way I would know all that my men are doing if nobody complained,” he said

Very Good development from the Force.
See how the policemen look so sober and gentle!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by SEONaijaExpert: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
Good progress towards reforming the Nigerian Police
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Pabloosas(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
grin
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Born2Breed(f): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nice move
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nice move, others should learn from this.
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by aziaka111(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
dat how we are going to sack buhari comes 2019
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by davillian(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
grin
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by pweshboi(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
... They were dismissed over “very serious criminal offences”...

See them, bunch of criminal spoiling the name of the few good ones among them.

In Nigeria... Most Police officers are not your friend

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by April4th(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Good one Edgar, remaining scRapping of SARS.
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by KingLennon(m): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
They same people who chased criminals up and down. They need proper orientation.
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by foyeks2001(f): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ise Olopa...Ise epe
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by XD3G: 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
That Criminal at the back looks unfazed
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by FiremanP(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
Don't give a Bleep about police... take down #Sars abeg
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
EmagNig:
The Lagos State Police Command have sacked some officer in the force and demoted some other. According to the Commissioner of Police Edgal Imohimi, the police officers sacked numbering eight were dismissed over “very serious criminal offences”.

Edgal, also said that 108 officers were disciplined for various offences from January to July, 2018 in the Lagos State Command.

He made the disclosure at a Stakeholders’ Forum on “Police Accountability and Presentation of Advocacy Materials at the command’s headquarters, Ikeja.

The Police chief said that 58 other officers recorded major entries, six officers reprimanded, 28 officers got warning, four officers had extra fatigue, while five others were discharged for lack of evidences against them.

“The days of police officers receiving slaps on the wrist for offences are gone. When you performed excellently well, you will receive a CP’s Commendation Letter.

“I am not happy punishing any officer, but that does not mean we should overlook unprofessional conducts. When I resumed as CP Lagos, I discovered that the public had lost confidence in the police.

“However, there is no way I would know all that my men are doing if nobody complained,” he said.

Edgal called on people in Lagos to continue to assist the police with information and other assistance, stressing that the 28,000 officers and men in Lagos were inadequate to police the state.

https://lailasnews.com/8-police-officers-sacked-6-demoted-by-lagos-police-command/

Whenever I hear sacked. I rethink of how their future would be
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by arantess: 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
months later we wil read "dismissed police officer caught in armed robbery along so so place"..
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by dingbang(m): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
Osinbajo is working
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Oreofepeters: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nigerian police are becoming endangered species to bloody civilians.
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by prinsam30: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
let have this kind of reevaluation in all 36 state CP and see if police will not sit up

it is lack of supervision and negligence that has sprung up this ineptitude in the Nigeria police force, especially in the area of wages, their salary is the poorest in the world

Nigeria shall be great again
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Assassin101: 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
tell us their various crimes that necessitated their removal/ demotion

am not seeing any SARS official amongst them
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by slimfit1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
Where is Durotoye that want to become president self. Sowore we see everywhere others just doing my wife and kids.
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by khalids: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Need a job

Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Originalsly: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
savio93:
They should cone to this Ojo area. All this policemen at Alaba whose joybis to collect #100 from Keke riders and then given them numbers. If they don't pay they would harrass them.
It's so bad that it has become entrenched as a culture.

Police now use the Agberos slangs "Owo mi da" - Whey my money?.

This is pure extortion and I feel pained each time I see this.

....and this is the problem....why report to us and not call the hotline to report?

1 Like

Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by Yinxies(f): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
shocked
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by planetx13: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
They look so humbled.......... I wonder which one is paining them more.... the atrocities they have committed or the bribe they won't be collecting again

Ciao
Re: 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command by InvertedHammer: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
Shelumiel:
The Nigerian police needs to be overhauled.

/
Overhauled? With who? Another Nigerians?

Oh well...

/

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taraba Teachers Pray Over Unpaid Salaries (Photos) / Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World / Employees Don’t Leave Companies, They Leave Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.