Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji (2069 Views)

IPOB To Orji Kalu: If Nnamdi Kanu Is Harmed, You Will Be Held Responsible / Lawan Leads Senators To Orji Kalu’s Residence (Photos) / Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by saraki2019(m): 11:44am On Aug 16, 2018
pls .hausa guys in this forum , what is the literal meaning of dan baiwan hausa, the traditional title giving to Dr. uzo kali, the former abia states governor,
a friend told me, it mean, the "son of a slave woman"
pls is this title worth celebrating?

1 Like

Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by yudee233: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2018
Hmmmm all na title
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by Spiritualism: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
Okay
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by 12Monkeys: 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Dan translates to Son

Baiwan means gift

Dan Baiwan then literally translates to Son of the gift

The Hausa/Fulanis used to gift themselves slaves usually sex slaves.

So, Dan Baiwan may relate to the son of a sex slave conceived by the master of the house.

The Hausa/Fulanis kept harems full of sex slaves whose only primary purpose is to satisfy the master's sexual urges.

The practice stems from Islamic customs of maintaining harems which are filled by captured women/girls or slaves.

Orji Kalu just got the insult of his life.

1 Like

Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by wingmanII: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
12Monkeys:
Dan translates to Son

Baiwan means gift

Dan Baiwan then literally translates to Son of the gift

The Hausa/Fulanis used to gift themselves slaves usually sex slaves.

So, Dan Baiwan may relate to the son of a sex slave conceived by the master of the house.

The Hausa/Fulanis kept harems full of sex slaves whose only primary purpose is to satisfy the master's sexual urges.

The practice stems from Islamic customs of maintaining harems which are filled by captured women/girls or slaves.

Orji Kalu just got the insult of his life.
How does gift mean slave woman?
You are not making any sense.
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by 12Monkeys: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
Baiwan may also refer to Bawan which is servant or slave

Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by 12Monkeys: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2018
wingmanII:

How does gift mean slave woman?
You are not making any sense.

How can an inanimate gift produce a son if not that gift to say is living human being.

The greatest gift you could give a Hausa/Fulani man was a sex slave or a horse.

Some Hausa men used to trade their finest horses in exchange for young girls.
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by wingmanII: 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
12Monkeys:

How can an inanimate gift produce a son if not that [i]gift [/i]to say is living human being.

The greatest gift you could give a Hausa/Fulani man was a sex slave or a horse.

Some Hausa men used to trade their finest horses in exchange for young girls.

Dan Baiwa. Means gifted child. Smart child. Brilliant child.
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by 12Monkeys: 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
wingmanII:

Dan Baiwa. Means gifted child. Smart child. Brilliant child.

Gifted Child of hausa land

Meaning a slave gifted to the Hausa kingdom

Anyway you want to twist it, he is still a slave to hausa.
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by wingmanII: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
12Monkeys:
Baiwan may also refer to Bawan which is servant or slave
Baiwa and Bawa are two different words.

1 Like

Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
Dan Baiwan Hausa means '' The Slave (child/son) of female slave to the Hausa''

Baiko is gift

Bawa means slave (male)

Baiwa means Slave (female)

The n attached means ''of''

1 Like

Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by wingmanII: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
12Monkeys:

Gifted Child of hausa land

Meaning a slave gifted to the Hausa kingdom

Anyway you want to twist it, he is still a slave to hausa.
I don't really care. Not a fan of Orji Kalu but we must not mislead the public. In any case, Orji Kalu is very fluent in hausa language so I doubt they can try such.
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by FarahAideed: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
You are right it Hausa lingua that would literally be translated as the Son of Birthed by a Loyal slave woman .

1 Like

Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by 12Monkeys: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
wingmanII:

I don't really care. Not a fan of Orji Kalu but we must not mislead the public. In any case, Orji Kalu is very fluent in hausa language so I doubt they can try such.

They refered to him at best as a gift son of Huasa land.

That means he was given to them.

Only slaves are treated like Christmas presents
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by 12Monkeys: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Dan Baiwan Hausa means '' The Slave (child/son) of female slave to the Hausa''

Baiko is gift

Bawa means slave (male)

Baiwa means Slave (female)

The n attached means ''of''

And the idiot will go and receive it all because him dey fear kuje
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by Butterflyleo: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
Dan Baiwan Hauwa means gift from a woman with the Arabic root of Hauwa meaning EVE.

His title is in honour of him and his mother for birthing such a worthy son.

OP thanks for the wrong interpretation.

As well travelled as Orji uzor is common sense should let you know that he just might know how to speak Hausa same with me because Hausa is very easy to learn

1 Like

Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by inscreAF: 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
I tell you one thing , IF YOU WANT TO BE GREAT IN LIFE, be careful with the way you condemn people.. don't let hatred cloud your judgement. Dear OP what exactly do you think you will gain from this? Likes? Is your aim in life simply to trend on Nairaland? Be wise.
Re: The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji by Ojiofor: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
See insulting title they gave to that efulefu Orji Kalu while an abokı governor was given Agu na eche mba...what an insult?
Anyway I don't blame them.Orji Kalu might actually be their slave.

(1) (Reply)

Professor Wole Soyinka Blasts Mohammadu Buhari / Fayose: EFCC Has Picked A Wrong Customer – Olayinka / Opinion: Which Monikers Do You Think Should Be Banned Permanently From Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.