Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson (21115 Views)

SSS v EFCC: No rivalry, we are only occupying 'our' facility - Afunanya / Afunanya Appointed Board Member Of National Broadcasting Commission, NBC / Peter Afunanya: Abimbola, I Know What The DSS Really Really Does And Wants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Udantu: 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
The Department of State Services has announced the appointment of Mr. Nnochirionye Afunanya as its spokesperson.

The appointment was contained in a statement issued by the Public Relations Department of the agency in Abuja on Thursday.

Acting Director General of the agency, Mr. Matthew Seiyefa, had at his maiden press briefing at the national headquarters of the organisation in Abuja on Thursday, promised that he would appoint a spokesperson for the agency.

Throughout the more than three years that the sacked DG of the agency, Mr. Lawal Daura was at its realm of affairs, the DSS did not have any known spokesperson.

Mr. Tony Opuiyo, whose name always appeared in statements from the agency under Daura, is believed to be a pseudo name.

Afunanya, according to the statement that announced his appointment, obtained MA in English (2009), from the University of Uyo and another MA in Peace and Strategic Studies (2011), from the University of Ilorin. He is said to be currently pursuing a Ph.D in Security and Strategic Studies at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi.

The statement said, “He has attended several courses within and outside Nigeria namely: Innovation and Strategy at Harvard University, Boston, USA; Security Management and Coordination, London and Investigative Journalism at City University, London.

“Other courses he has attended are on Leadership, Arbitration, Conflict Management/Resolution, Negotiation and Public Communication among others. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the DSS’ in-house Magazine, The Triple S.”

The new spokesman is a member of Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators,Nigerian Red Cross, Nigerian Institute of Management, Nigerian Institute for Industrial Security, Society for Peace Scholars and Practice, American Society for Industrial Security, and he is a fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administration.

https://punchng.com/breaking-nnochirionye-afunanya-appointed-as-dss-spokesperson/amp

4 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Munzy14(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
For the first time since 2015, Nigerians felt a little bit of leadership. from last week till this week.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by abokibuhari: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
Another southerner to do their dirty PR for them

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ok.....is a normal issue....

Apc chairman has a spokesman
Buhari has his own
Osibanjo has his own....

Efcc has their own same as senate and house of reps...

So is not a big deal DSS having their own....

Is normal for civil service and the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by diebuhari1: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
The spokesperson should have been Yoruba.

They are better at defending the indefensible.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ok. Wishing him all the best.
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by BruncleZuma: 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Daviddson(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Though I always detested the reign of Daura while he held sway over DSS, I see the wisdom in his decision not to appoint a spokesman. We saw how Marylin Ogah who was the spokesperson during the previous regime was made a subject of laugh and ridicule due to the propaganda her boss were giving her to give Nigerians. In fact, surprisingly I'd believed that Marilyn was DSS DG unknown to me she was simply a mouthpiece, and most likely had no say over whatever happens there. The woman became a scapegoat who bore all the insults and condemnation.

That hasn't happened so far since 2015. It's complicated sha lipsrsealed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Where is Marilyn Ogar. That fool that year

10 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by blesson04(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
oya

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Dpharisee: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
Now they wan to run DSS as a real security organization and not as a family security company that provides guards for politicians who want to impeach themselves

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by adioolayi(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
3 years after Marilyn Ogar. New face of DSS in the making.

3 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by BenzinWood: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
yea...its normal #nxt pls
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Edu3Again: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
These people think we are daft.

The heads are Northerners the spokes people from SE.

When the decision is taken with Buhari's Cabal, then the Southerner comes to present it.

9 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by osazeeblue01: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
OK
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by loverboys: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
9c
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Righteousness89(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
Munzy14:
For the first time since 2015, Nigerians felt a little bit of leadership. from last week till this week.
I TOTALLY AGREE

1 Like

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by ProWalker: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
abokibuhari:
Another southerner to do their dirty PR for them

It’s either you are a bot programmed to comment rubbish or you are abnormally hateful being

13 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
Good development
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Aspireahead(m): 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
v
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Lilimax(f): 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
Igba! embarassed
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by omocalabar(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
Can the vegetable please extend his coma vacation?

3 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by omocalabar(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
Edu3Again:
These people think we are daft.

The heads are Northerners the spokes people from SE.

When the decision is taken with Buhari's Cabal, then the Southerner comes to present it.

i thought I was the only one that noticed

3 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
Daviddson:
Though I always detested the reign of Daura while he held sway over DSS, I see the wisdom in his decision not to appoint a spokesman. We saw how Marylin Ogah who was the spokesperson during the previous regime was made a subject of laugh and ridicule due to the propaganda her boss were giving to give Nigerians. In fact, surprisingly I'd believed that Marilyn was DSS DG unknown to me she was simply a mouthpiece, and most had no say over whatever happens there. The woman became a scapegoat who bore all the insults and condemnation.

That hasn't happened so far since 2015. It's complicated sha lipsrsealed

Oga Sir, going by your logic, Mssrs Femi Adeshina and Lai Muhammad should not have their jobs cos they 're being made the butt of jokes by defending the indefensible.
Oya na, we go dey alright.

3 Likes

Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by obaataaokpaewu: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Marilyn Ogar. Enjoyed her "tenure" as DS spokesperson with all its controversies
Re: Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson by Dandsome: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
We always see positive changes anytime Bubu travels out. Can he just travel to the great beyond?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara / 'Tradermoni Is Vote Buying' - Transparency International / Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.