Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,001 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? (4664 Views)

Your Brand Needs Custom Images To Compete / How Can I Add Images From My Computer To My HTML/CSS Coding Script? / Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ProfKhaycee(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Gud evening bosses
i'm building a site dat has a lot of image content...pix are btw d sizes of 1.5mb to 3mb
My question is wats d best way to upload images without affecting d webpage when it loads??
Is there anyway i can reduce d size of image but still retaining its quality...
Pls jst help!!!!
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Julius2214(m): 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
ProfKhaycee:
Gud evening bosses
i'm building a site dat has a lot of image content...pix are btw d sizes of 1.5mb to 3mb
My question is wats d best way to upload images without affecting d webpage when it loads??
Pls jst help!!!!
Are you working with HTML website or Wordpress
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ProfKhaycee(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
Julius2214:

Are you working with HTML website or Wordpress
its an HTML website
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Julius2214(m): 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
ProfKhaycee:

its an HTML website
I thought you are working with WordPress, I'd have suggested some plugins for you.
But since you're not using a cms, you can perform a lossless compression on the images so as to reduce the size but retaining the quality.

This can be done on your desktop using tools such as Photoshop, FileOptimizer, or ImageOptim. This method will reduce you images from mb to kb without loosing quality

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Just use lazy loading... I believe your images have already been optimized for web use, so a better way to boost performance is to load the images after the page has loaded.

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ProfKhaycee(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
Thank u sirs, i appreciate
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by 4dor: 7:05am On Aug 22, 2018
ProfKhaycee:
Gud evening bosses
Pls jst help!!!!

Try to use a CDN.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by BruncleZuma: 7:07am On Aug 22, 2018
Embedded image
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Vibesclan: 7:08am On Aug 22, 2018
Not to derail the thread. But can anyone advise me on a good download count plugin to use one WordPress.
It's for a music site and i would love users to see the amount of download hits a particular media files has.
Help me
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by fabianiyobosa(m): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2018
You can use Photoshop to optimize those images to KB and still maintain the picture quality and dimension.
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Kira290(m): 7:11am On Aug 22, 2018
you're better off asking this question on an IM forum...Not here op.. undecided

Thanks
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ITbomb(m): 7:14am On Aug 22, 2018
WordPress makes bloggers look lazy,
any small thing, plugin
At the end of the day, you end up making your site heavy and sluggish due to too much plugins

Why not compress your pix first before uploading

Using tools like "Simply Image", you can compress a 2mb image size to 400kb without loss of quality before you upload

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by dokunbam(m): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2018
ITbomb:
any small thing, plugin

Using tools like "Simply Image", you can compress a 2mb image size to 400kb without loss of quality before you upload

Tinypng too

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Dollabiz: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2018
ohh
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ade101(m): 7:31am On Aug 22, 2018
In this age of WordPress, some people still using handcoded html/css website, your options are not going to be easy bro. Anyway, like someone has suggested, your best bet is to use tools like photoshop and before saving your images, use the option that says "optimize for web". The optimization page will show up,tweak the quality to achieve a balance between file size and quality. Remember, image size (dimension) are usually the bad guys, having excess of 1000 pixels width is unnecessary, so work with width below that size. Secondly, lazy load your images. You can read more on lazy load via Google search... Finally, use a good cdn to serve your images. I use cloudflare, it's free. Read more on Google on how to implement cdn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by mabelly: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2018
Try using *WhatsApp* yes WhatsApp. Send the image to your self, then download it. You will be surprised how compressed the images will be and the quality remaining thesame.

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ikorodureporta: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2018
Help! Pls give me a safe website where i can downlload a software like net bean
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Lazyreporta(m): 7:42am On Aug 22, 2018
cheesy I post them on nairaland

Clean and affordable Camry 2009 for sale here

https://www.nairaland.com/4679278/clean-toyota-camry-sale-affordable
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ITbomb(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2018
mabelly:
Try using *WhatsApp* yes WhatsApp. Send the image to your self, then download it. You will be surprised how compressed the images will be and the quality remaining thesame.
If you are blogging on phone, you may not notice the difference but when u view it on PC, whatsapp compressed images are not nice on large screen

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Justiceotuya(m): 8:20am On Aug 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Groovenaija360(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2018
If you are on WordPress pls download this plugin.

WordPress smush

This will compress your images as soon as you add them to your Site.size will be reduce to even 20kb
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by sweetilicious(f): 8:45am On Aug 22, 2018
Julius2214:

I thought you are working with WordPress, I'd have suggested some plugins for you.
But since you're not using a cms, you can perform a lossless compression on the images so as to reduce the size but retaining the quality.

This can be done on your desktop using tools such as Photoshop, FileOptimizer, or ImageOptim. This method will reduce you images from mb to kb without loosing quality
Really?Are you a web designer?
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by sweetilicious(f): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2018
ITbomb:
any small thing, plugin
At the end of the day, you end up making your site heavy and sluggish due to too much plugins

Okay.
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by jetz(m): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2018
On wordpress i use smush plugin does the job fairly well which everway it is using photoeditting app still reduces pixel density on pix u won't notice it on phone but you will on p.c if you ve got a trained eyes so which ever works for you tho...
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Marvelous352: 9:30am On Aug 22, 2018
Try and resize with corel draw
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Vstuffs(m): 9:58am On Aug 22, 2018
Use cloudinary for hosting your images.
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Nizguy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2018
ProfKhaycee:

its an HTML website

I need a help from u can I chat u privately?
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by A7(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2018
ProfKhaycee:

its an HTML website

If the language is PHP there are libraries to scale the photos and maintain quality. Good thing is the optimisation is done while uploading .
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ehinorlive: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
ProfKhaycee:
Gud evening bosses
Pls jst help!!!!

if u are on window, open picture manager that comes with window. open the image, click edit image, click compress at theleft hand side bar. tick compress to web page or email to automatically reduce the sizw then click ok and save.

it can also be done automatically on server using plugin php uses
https://github.com/psliwa/image-optimizer

javascript plugin
https://github.com/xkeshi/image-compressor
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by CassyDesigns(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
You can use photoshop to edit the size of the images depending on where you are putting it and what is it for. After resizing, save for web and set to high or save as and use 80% quality. If you have too many pictures, you can use action in Photoshop to do everything automatically.
If you don't have photoshop or know how to, you can use other app like gimp, paint(dot)net.
Try to keep them less than 1mb if possible.
If you are using WordPress, there are lots of plugins that can help you reduce the file size.
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by Julius2214(m): 3:52am On Aug 23, 2018
sweetilicious:
Really?Are you a web designer?
Yes I am
Re: Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? by ProfKhaycee(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nizguy:

I need a help from u can I chat u privately?

sure..u can

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why You Should Not Move From Blogger To Wordpress, Yet! / When Does Your SEO Effort Start Working? / Has Any Verify Google Adsense Identity With Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.