Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? (4574 Views)

A Beginner's Guide To Blogging In 2022 And Beyond / Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? / A First Hand Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by MobileGees: 12:07am On Sep 28, 2018
Webmasters and guru there has been a question that has been baffling for quite some time now.

Between frequent posting or just making sure you write one long post once in while which is key to a successful blog, which one does the search engines prefer. This question will be useful for other bloggers alike and would appreciate answers

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by steveDpro: 12:41am On Sep 28, 2018
google prefers long articles from 1000 words up.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by meobizy(f): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2018
I think consistency is key. Sometimes I stumble on a blog and if I like a few posts I binge, sucking up almost three years of information at a go. If a writer has only ten posts I read them but don't expect any more especially if the time gap between them is huge.
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by fastseo: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2018
Posting frequently has advantage.. As long it's not copy and paste.

Long post has big advantage on it own when it's not copy and paste.

Brain said he has just 30 article and was receiving 100,000 page views a month. He said he spend 2 weeks to produce a content and when it's out no other websites can easily outrank him.

The bottom line is that it's best to have original articles either long or short but if it's a very competitive niche or topic its best to have very long and detailed topic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by MobileGees: 1:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
fastseo:
Posting frequently has advantage.. As long it's not copy and paste.

Long post has big advantage on it own when it's not copy and paste.

Brain said he has just 30 article and was receiving 100,000 page views a month. He said he spend 2 weeks to produce a content and when it's out no other websites can easily outrank him.

The bottom line is that it's best to have original articles either long or short but if it's a very competitive niche or topic its best to have very long and detailed topic

80 percent of naijaloaded posts are copy and paste but they still rank high on Google why?

And how do avoid plagiarism on entertainment niches when literally all things and description of a post is going to be thesame

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by MobileGees: 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2018
steveDpro:

lindaikeji naijaloaded never writes 1000 words post but they still rank high why lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by steveDpro: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
MobileGees:

lindaikeji naijaloaded never writes 1000 words post but they still rank high why lalasticlala

It is because of the age, Google rank aged domains higher than the rest.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Kay512: 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
Both. Frequent posting will keep your readers coming back, or retain new visitors. Long posts help with SEO.
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
steveDpro:
There's no longer preference for longer posts, according to Google's John Muller, as the August update to its quality guidelines spelt out that short or long articles are no longer ranking factors as some webmasters have in a bid to make an article long end up reharshing same words without any additional insights.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by fastseo: 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
questechie:

There's no longer preference for longer posts, according to Google's John Muller, as the August update to its quality guidelines spelt out that short or long articles are no longer ranking factors as some webmasters have in a bid to make an article long end up reharshing same words without any additional insights.

Well detailed post will outrank short post any day anytime.
But that's not the only factor at play.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
fastseo:

Well detailed post will outrank short post any day anytime.
But that's not the only factor at play.
And there are some posts that are short but detailed, like in the news verticals. In the name of long posts, some webmasters have ended up writing incoherent articles that does no good, which Google have now acknowledged as the case for removing it as ranking factor. Domain authority and authorship carries more weight nowadays!

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Admin1992: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Yes
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Albinoflash(m): 7:11am On Oct 31, 2018
I think its consistency and not constitency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Admin1992: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Abio
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2018
Consistency!!!

Even search engines pay little attention to plagiarism. As long as you have the right content, the interest is in the readers. Even if you copy and paste, just try to make reference.

Original POSTS can help you rank high because original posts tend to carry original contents and thus different queries.

Let's not forget the almost most important factor, which is your back links. If you have strong back link then you need not worry.

I have a book by Chris Lee on link building and authority SEO course. Holla to get it

MobileGees:

80 percent of naijaloaded posts are copy and paste but they still rank high on Google why?

And how do avoid plagiarism on entertainment niches when literally all things and description of a post is going to be thesame
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by akeentech(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2018
Both have their own advantages ask me how
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by fastseo: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
Consistency!!!

Even search engines pay little attention to plagiarism. As long as you have the right content, the interest is in the readers. Even if you copy and paste, just try to make reference.

Original POSTS can help you rank high because original posts tend to carry original contents and thus different queries.

Let's not forget the almost most important factor, which is your back links. If you have strong back link then you need not worry.

I have a book by Chris Lee on link building and authority SEO course. Holla to get it

You lie brother am speaking from experience.
If you copy from one blog and paste to another or your blog you are keeling your blog.

Those complaining that naijaloaded copy from other blogs should not judge what they find from the homepage... They might use the cononical url to point to the main blog which tells Google where the article comes from which is no offense to Google.
And mind you naijaloaded can survive with Google to some extent they already have hundred of thousands of visitors direct traffic..

The main thing is that write your own content in your own word make it longer at least 500 or 1000.

Longer post will outrank shorter post any day anytime as long the same blogs has the same ranking factor like DA.

For the entrainment niche you should at least based on consistency before your visitor els comes everyday but unique content

I will use politicsngr as an example check his post, he rewrite from our newpaper sites like punch, daolypost, vanguard. But notice his write up? He rewrite all his post

Try and copy any of hist articles and paste it on plagiarism check and see if he won't pass the check.

Now he ranks better and from his position now he makes nothing less than 300$ a day
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by wizkidblogger(f): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2018
Long or short, if you no make money, wertin you gain?

Drive massive traffic either to your long or short posts and earn $$$$

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by CDCEO001: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2018
Consistency and originality is the key.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Ruddyman(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2018
Both are but Long , in depth , original content done consistently is more important than anything else.....

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Damdeyz(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
Consistency!!!

Hello. Is it an ebook? Would love to have it.
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by emperorblog(m): 8:46am On Oct 31, 2018
all of d above
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by MobileGees: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2018
fastseo:

You lie brother am speaking from experience.
If you copy from one blog and paste to another or your blog you are keeling your blog.

Those complaining that naijaloaded copy from other blogs should not judge what they find from the homepage... They might use the cononical url to point to the main blog which tells Google where the article comes from which is no offense to Google.
And mind you naijaloaded can survive with Google to some extent they already have hundred of thousands of visitors direct traffic..

The main thing is that write your own content in your own word make it longer at least 500 or 1000.

Longer post will outrank shorter post any day anytime as long the same blogs has the same ranking factor like DA.

For the entrainment niche you should at least based on consistency before your visitor els comes everyday but unique content

I will use politicsngr as an example check his post, he rewrite from our newpaper sites like punch, daolypost, vanguard. But notice his write up? He rewrite all his post

Try and copy any of hist articles and paste it on plagiarism check and see if he won't pass the check.

Now he ranks better and from his position now he makes nothing less than 300$ a day

now someone finally answered my question

thanks alot bro
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by MobileGees: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2018
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by MobileGees: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2018
wizkidblogger:
Long or short, if you no make money, wertin you gain?

Drive massive traffic either to your long or short posts and earn $$$$

that's where my question is which drives more traffic to blog
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by manlikeboss: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2018
MobileGees:

bro.. build your backlinks and make sure your domain authority is high
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 31, 2018
It's niche dependent. Entertainment niche would always need consistency to keep the blog alive, unlike niches like Business and health that needs well detailed contents to pass the message. So again I say, it's niche dependent

1 Like

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by TLoveFoundation: 9:53am On Oct 31, 2018
Hello,
I am inviting you to visit my blog and give me feedbacks here, or via the blog or twitter @Tlovefoundation
Thanks
I think there is no hard or fast rule when it comes to posts.
Some posts are interesting and long, people will read.
Some are short with pictures people will read.
Others are like commentaries, short but to the point, people will read.

TLF... the ultimate law is love
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by fattbabakay(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2018
There are a lot of factors at play. Your niche, your goal, matters.

If your goal/target is SEO, then long posts are what you need. Though that’s not the only ranking factor, you have to work a lot on your backlinks and content uniqueness.

If you’re in a niche like entertainment, long posts are unnecessary but how you can maneuver the contents to make your visitors come back is important.

According to my personal statistics, 90% of people I know, who started blogging in 2018 have already given up. Why? Cos blogging is not for the weak.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search / How To Add Backlinks To Your Website And Build Huge Traffic And Page Ranking / SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.