Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

UI Postgraduate (english Test) Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI Postgraduate (english Test) Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download (10562 Views)

Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers Pdf Free Download (1960 Till Date) / University Of Ibadan (UI) Postgraduate Form On Sale – 2018/2019 / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UI Postgraduate (english Test) Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download by projectsdotng: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
So you are through with your undergraduate studies and you are really ready for your postgraduate studies? I’m confident that you need the complete University of Ibadan, UI postgraduate past questions and answers PDF for FREE? Worry no more because we at PROJECTS.ng are here with the best UI postgraduate past questions and answers PDF that will help you prepare for your UI postgraduate entrance examination otherwise known as the English proficiency test. Click here to instantly download the complete UI postgraduate past questions and answers PDF FREE. Believe me, it’s pretty straightforward.

WHAT IS INSIDE THIS FREE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, UI POSTGRADUATE PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PDF?

The File Details

Name: UI Postgraduate Past Questions and Answers
Type: PDF
Size: 752KB
Length: 34 Pages

Inside this free UI postgraduate past questions and answers PDF are the school’s school of postgraduate studies entrance examination (English Proficiency Test) past questions and answers. This free UI postgraduate past questions and answers PDF covers a good number of years including the recently held postgraduate exams. You will be happy to get this and start getting prepared for your examination right away. You sure need to ass this exam, and believe me, you will.

See the FOREWORD from Prof. Abel Olorunnisola,
Dean,
The Postgraduate School,
University of Ibadan.

Test of English for Higher Degree Admissions: Sample Questions is a text specially prepared for applicants to the different Master degree programmes of the University of Ibadan. It is meant to intimate them with the level of English to be considered in examining them for qualification for admission or interactive sessions/entrance examinations leading to final admission. Thus, the text represents the nature of the questions to be asked in the examination.
The test, as shown in the samples in this publication, will cover aspects of English grammar, vocabulary choices (for general and professional purposes) and acceptable style of writing. This design has been informed by the extremely low level of English language competence observed among our graduate students, a number of whom could not construct the simplest intelligible sentence of English after completing their programmes. If this happens at the University of Ibadan in spite of the rigorous and intensive programmes that we run, then it should be worse in most other universities. Given that all universities source students from the same public pool, it is not exaggerative to say that the Nigerian university system may fail to achieve its goals if this situation is not remedied.
Against the above background, the University of Ibadan has decided to sort out the issue of linguistic expressivity right from the entry point into the university’s higher degree programmes. In other words, it is only those who could communicate effectively in English at the level required of a graduate student that WILL be considered for admission processing.
It should be understood that the test is not with the intention to deliberately and uncritically weed off candidates. Rather, it is designed to improve the quality of our graduates and brighten their chances in society. Hence, the sample questions, with their answers, in this text, are to assist them to understand what is expected of them in the examination. The syllabus is provided for them to be informed about the extent of the preparation they have to make. Applicants may consult the recommended texts and other standard books that adequately treat the topics listed in the syllabus.
As you will be instructed presently in this publication, you could practise the questions as many times as possible, scoring and
rating yourself in each attempt. These efforts are expected to be complemented with hands on tasks undertaken through practices indicated in standard and relevant books.
The road to a reputable graduate programme is not a smooth one, but its end product is fulfilling, rewarding and distinctive. We all must strive towards putting the University of Ibadan Postgraduate School on this pedestal, where it has always been.
I wish you all the best of luck in the test.
Thank you.

HOW TO INSTANTLY DOWNLOAD THIS FREE UI POSTGRADUATE PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PDF

Downloading the UI postgraduate past questions and answers PDF on PROJECTS.ng is pretty straightforward. Please click the DOWNLOAD NOW button at the top of the page to download it. It's completely FREE.

Note: The main purpose of this past question and answer is to reveal to you the nature and scope of the school’s postgraduate entrance examination (English proficiency test) as well as help you gain confidence before the examination. We at PROJECTS.ng, cannot categorically tell you that the actual questions for the examination will come from this postgraduate past questions and answers. Nevertheless, we are confident that you will be on the fly after preparing your memory with this resource here.

Below are some part of the contents of the free UI postgraduate past questions and answers PDF.

GENERAL INFORMATION

There are 150 questions in all, set on all the units included in the syllabus. Answers to all questions have been provided in the last pages of this publication. You are advised to do the following:

Study the instructions on each section carefully and attempt the questions within 60 minutes as many times as you can.
Convert your mark to 100%.
Rate your performance at each attempt, using the following scales:
A. Highly proficient: 85-100
B. Proficient: 70-84
C. Fairly proficient: 60-69
D. Scarcely proficient: 50-59
E. Not proficient: 40-49
F. Illiterate: 0-39

*Note that none of the questions in this text will be included in the examination that you will write. Consequently, you are expected to read and practise widely, using the samples only as a guide and standard.

WAIVERS
Waivers are allowed only for candidates who had attempted and passed the General Paper of the British Graduate Record Examination (GRE). This should be at a level commensurate with the cut-off point considered for admission into the departments/units such candidates have applied to. The candidates will request the examination body to officially send their results, before the date scheduled for the University’s Test of English for Graduate Students, to:
The Secretary
Postgraduate School
University of Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria.

SECTION A

PARALLELISM
Choose from the options written against letters a-d the expression that represents the most standard/acceptable structure:
1. (a) The lady likes singing and cooking.
(b) The lady likes singing and to cook.
(c) The lady likes to always sing and cooking.
(d) The lady likes singing and to be cooking.

2. (a) Dr Ogunmola admires people with character and who seem to have integrity.
(b) Dr Ogunmola admires people who have character as well as people with integrity.
(c) Dr Ogunmola admires people who have character and integrity.
(d) Dr Ogunmola admires people with character and who have integrity.

3. (a) I like to listen, to speak, to read and to do some writing.
(b) I like listening, speaking, reading and writing.
(c) I like listening, speaking, to read, and do writing.
(d) I like listening, speaking, reading, writing.

4 (a) He was bruised for our iniquities and crushed for our transgressions.
(b) He showed forgiveness for our iniquities, he was crushed for our transgressions.
(c) He was bruised for our iniquities, and they were always crushing him for all our transgressions.
(d) He was bruised for our iniquities, and was also to be crushed for our transgressions.

5 (a) The writing of a good student should be precise and original.
(b) The writing of a good student should be precise and show originality.
(c) The writing of a good student should be full of precision and be original.
(d) The writing of a good student should be full of precision and originally correct.

6 (a) The king was flattered by the chiefs, praised by his family but the people hated him.
(b) The king was flattered by the chiefs, his family praised him but the people hated him.
(c) The king was flattered by the chiefs, praised by his family but hated by the people.
(d) The king’s chiefs flattered him, praised by his family but hated by the people.

7 (a) Industry is good but to be lazy is bad.
(b) Industry is good but laziness is bad.
(c) Industry is good but being lazy is bad.
(d) Industry is good but doing something lazily is bad.

8 (a) Yesterday, I went to school, shopped at Idea Konsult and lunched at Tantalizers.
(b) Yesterday, I went to school, shopping at Idea Konsult and lunched at Tantalizers.
(c) Yesterday, I went to school, shopped at Idea Konsult and lunching at Tantalizers.
(d) Yesterday, I went to school, shopped at Idea Konsult and eating at Tantalizers.

(9) (a) The prophet predicted that he would become governor; that he would meet a beautiful stranger and that his first son would become president.
(b) The prophet predicted that he would become governor; a beautiful stranger will meet him and that his first son would become president.
(c) The prophet predicted that he would become governor; he would meet a beautiful stranger; his first son would become president.
(d) The prophet predicted that he would become governor; a beautiful stranger, will meet him; his son, to become a future president.

10. (a) I was writing the letter when she lays the table for breakfast.
(b) I was writing the letter when she laid the table for breakfast.
(c) I was writing the letter while she lay the table for breakfast.
(d) I was writing the letter while she was laying the table for breakfast.

11 (a) The girl was asked to buy some fish and that she should return to the village.
(b) The girl was asked to buy some fish and then to return to the village.
(c) The girl was asked to buy some fish and then, return back to the village.
(d) The girl was asked to buy some fish and ordered, “go back to the village”?

12 (a) Saying is one thing; to do it is another.
(b) Saying is one thing; doing is another.
(c) Saying is one thing; to have done it is another.
(d) Saying is one thing, do it is another.

13 (a) What Ade needs is a doctor and rest cure.
(b) What Ade needs is a doctor and to rest cure.
(c) What Ade needs is a doctor and a rest cure.
(d) What Ade needs is a doctor and enough rest cure.

14 (a) He believes that courage is better than fear, and that faith is truer than doubt.
(b) He believes that courage is better than fearing and that faith is truer than doubt.
(c) He believes that courage is better than fear and that faithfulness is truer than to doubt.
(d) He believes that courage is better than fear and that faith is truer than doubting.

15 (a) The man was not only a politician in a skillful way but also an able artist.
(b) The man was not only a skilful politician but also an art man.
(c) The man was not only a politician skillfully but also an able artist.
(d) The man was not only a skilful politician but also an able artist.

SCREENSHOTS FROM THE UI ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PDF

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE UI Postgraduate Past Questions and Answers PDF for Free

2 Likes

Re: UI Postgraduate (english Test) Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download by fantasticone1(m): 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
I think your download link is faulty.
Re: UI Postgraduate (english Test) Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download by projectsdotng: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
fantasticone1:
I think your download link is faulty.

Please, check very well. It's working perfectly well. 300 persons have downloaded it. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button at the top-right of the page and not the one at the bottom. Thank you and Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

Delsu To Conduct Drug Test During Screening Of New Applicants / I Need Info On Laspotech Part-time Resumption Date / Afe Babalola University Produces 83 First Class Graduates At 5th Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.