Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP (590 Views)

DSS Arrests El-Rufai's Political ally, Aisha Galadima for criticizing Gov Sani / Bala Mohammed Denies Defecting To APC / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP by chidima2019: 7:10am On Aug 18, 2018
An ex-Acting Governor of Adamawa State and political ally of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, Ambassador James Barka, has denied dumping the All Progressives Congress for the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said it was true that the Adamawa State chapter of the PDP paid him a courtesy visit at his residence in Yola during which they implored him to rejoin the party, but that he did not promise to join the party.

Barka in a statement in Abuja on Friday said he had no plan to go back to the PDP which he left in 2014 while he was the Nigerian Ambassador to Malaysia.

He said, “Of a truth, some members of the PDP, led by the chairman, paid me a courtesy visit to seek my return to my former party, I told them I’m a bonafide member of the APC. I’m not contemplating leaving the APC. However, I would consult, and there is no any reason to join my former party.

“I said I would get back to them when I’m through with my consultations. To me, it was just a simple political statement. Now that the press has reported it, I would make a statement categorically that I’m a member of the APC and all my followers should remain as such.”

Meanwhile, a social responsibility consultant, Ben Egberi has declared interest in contesting for the Presidency in 2019, noting that country needed a competent leader to turn the economy around.

The 44-year-old man, who is contesting under the PDP, said he had the innovative ideas and strategies to develop the nation and move her forward.

“What Nigeria needs at this point is the person with the energy, intellectual ability and capacity to stimulate development in the country and I believe I embody this. We need something as different from President (Muhammadu) Buhari as day is from night,” Egberi said.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/atikus-political-ally-denies-defecting.html

Re: Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP by Kyase(m): 7:13am On Aug 18, 2018
Eyah

Re: Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP by Caseless: 7:17am On Aug 18, 2018
Atiku is alone. Until he wins the primary of the pdp, then I can say what's on my mind concerning him.

For now, he should go and face the embarrassment of the primary.

Next...

Re: Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP by galadima77(m): 7:27am On Aug 18, 2018
Caseless:
Atiku is alone. Until he wins the primary of the pdp, then I can say what's on my mind concerning him.

For now, he should go and face the embarrassment of the primary.

Next...

that second paragraph carry belle....
Re: Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP by Caseless: 7:50am On Aug 18, 2018
galadima77:

that second paragraph carry belle....
I don't see him standing a chance against tambuwal(a former speaker and a serving governor) , kwankwaso(a former governor and a serving senator) and saraki( a former governor and a serving Senate president). All of the 3 have something in common and they might team up against Atiku.
Re: Atiku’s Political Ally Denies Defecting To PDP by magoo10(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2018
Caseless:
I don't see him standing a chance against tambuwal(a former speaker and a serving governor) , kwankwaso(a former governor and a serving senator) and saraki( a former governor and a serving Senate president). All of the 3 have something in common and they might team up against Atiku.
Atiku is a business man and politics includes is area of specialization whether he wins the ticket or not what is more important is rallying behind any formidable candidate to send the dullard back to daura.

(1) (Reply)

Police Deny Compelling Ogundipe To Implicate Saraki / Obiora Okeke: How The Students Union Government Can Help Actualize A Better Nige / 2019: What APC Must Avoid – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.