Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development (1638 Views)

[Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development by Shollytemmy: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2018
Am a novice in the world of programming though I have some little experiences but not as wide as to develop. please I decided to take some steps in developing android Apps but confusing on the PL to learn for the implementation. please I need professional and experienced advice. thanks
Re: Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development by yorex2011: 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
Java and Kotlin are the official languages for developing native Android applications.

However, Javascript and C# can also be used for developing cross platform and native apps by leveraging on certain frameworks and libraries such as ionic, native script and React native for Javascript and Xamarin for C#.

Then there's flutter which is developed by Google and is increasingly becoming popular.

If you can, I'd suggest learning Java and JavaScript (React Native eventually)
Re: Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development by Shollytemmy: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
thanks for the piece of advice
Re: Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development by cyan2008(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
Yes Java will help you a lot.
I am also interested in learning Android application.
I have finished Java Basics and I want to start using Android Studio.
It's really easier using Android Studio which is an editor for Android programing
Re: Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development by jidotoni(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
I write hybrid applications using html, css, javascript. Compiles using phonegap
Re: Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development by Legolast: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2018
Shollytemmy:
Am a novice in the world of programming though I have some little experiences but not as wide as to develop. please I decided to take some steps in developing android Apps but confusing on the PL to learn for the implementation. please I need professional and experienced advice. thanks

I will suggest c# (xamarin)

With the help of xamarin, you can build cross platform mobile applications (iOS, Android and Windows) with just one coding.

Drag and drop is the same in visual studio as in Android studio.
Very easy.

Google is your friend, research more.
Re: Which Programming Language Is Best And Suitable For Android Development by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
Kotlin and java good for android development

(1) (Reply)

Python E-book For Beginners / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.