Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,249 members, 7,860,574 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage (791 Views)

Organised Labour To NASS: We’re Fighting For Living Wage, Not Starvation Wages / May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by sowore2019: 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
Earlier today a post graced the Frontpage with the caption Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President'.

Ever since our Presidential aspirant Omoyele Sowore made this statement way back April 2018, a lot of skeptic have doubted the possibility of achieving the programme, describing it as a tall dream. It is expected considering the kind battered dignity and brainwashed we have undergo under the past and present analogue leadership we have had.

Most Nigerian have internalize oppression and are made to believe only statements that comes from the elites, those who have failed the country.
Despite all the doubts expressed about the possibility of implementation of the minimum living wage since the statement was made by Sowore, we are undaunted about our resolve to implement the programme.

We have not only included it in our Take It back movement manifesto but has also gone ahead to include it in our great party African Action Congress (AAC) manifesto. What most Nigerians should know is that our Party is not driven ambition but our conviction and resolution that Nigeria works for all Nigerians and not just the elites. We neither have godfathers or godmothers but intelligent, thorough breed professionals.

These professionals took time to analyse the Federal Civil service, acquire the current estimate of civil servants and their pay structure across all cadre and went ahead to estimate in term of cost what it will take our party, African Action Congress to implement not only the minimum living wage but our other programmes.

I will share for the discerning minds to analyse. You can read more of our party manifesto and how we intend to implement them with their cost analysis at https://sowore2019.org/our-manifesto-full/

This is something that has never happened in the history of politics in Nigeria. It takes a collective decision by we Nigerians to free ourselves from the elites that have turn our treasury to their social security.

cc: lalasticlala, seun

1 Share

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by sowore2019: 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
The African Action Congress (AAC) is here! We stand for justice, fairness and transparency; a Nigeria that works for all, not just the few elites.

Nigerians, ask other Parties to present their manifestos and how they intends to achieve it with the cost analysis and estimates attached.

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by sowore2019: 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
Don't just listen to rhetoric by others, ask how they intends to achieve their programmes.

Enough of analogue leadership, It is time to support a digitally driven leadership in Nigeria.

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by SolutionMee: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
I love Sowore but he's too young

More than 60% of Nigerians are youths

And they're not that wise and intelligent

We need old people to lead us and always put us in check

Even Russia and America that are dominated with intelligent adults

It's still old people that are ruling over them

I can never vote for any aspirant that's below 55 years of age

Never!
Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by ozaji: 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice one from Mr Sowore, this is how campaign should be done. Some people have being asking how he will pay N100k, now they can see. He has done his research and knows what he he talking about. Nigerians need to join hands together and vote out those old and greedy politicians. Let us support Sowore.

2 Likes

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by Sheuns(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
This can be done as a lawmaker. If only these our young aspirants can come together and contest as lawmakers in their respective constituencies, by so doing we'll gradually push these old politicians aside.

1 Like

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by Gerrard59(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
SolutionMee:
I love Sowore but he's too young

More than 60% of Nigerians are youths

And they're not that wise and intelligent

We need old people to lead us and always put us in check

Even Russia and America that are dominated with intelligent adults

It's still old people that are ruling over them

I can never vote for any aspirant that's below 55 years of age

Never!

Unfortunately, you didn't make any sense. Not like Sowore made one either. He didn't mention of how he'd diversify the economy, no! Rather, he mentioned of how a state whose leadership is from his party will be made to implement the proposed minimum wage. So assuming the leadership in Plateau state is his party, how does he intend cajoling them to pay civil servants #100K?

Additionally, does he know that Nigeria is not as rich as he thinks? Or because we produce less than 3 million barrels of crude oil, then he assumes we're rich? He hinges the possibility of paying such amount of money on crude oil sales, what happens when the price falls? We run to China, World Bank, IMF etc. because we want to pay civil servants/corp members 100K? What else does Nigeria produce that can ensure we affording such amount annually? How come he doesn't talk about strengthening the economy, invariably, strengthening the currency but whines of how he will pay 100K? What about the resultant inflationary crises amounting from such ridiculous program?

Finally, who taught him economics in secondary school? He needs to ask for a refund.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by sowore2019: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, you didn't make any sense. Not like Sowore made one either. He didn't mention of how he'd diversify the economy, no! Rather, he mentioned of how a state whose leadership is from his party will be made to implement the proposed minimum wage. So assuming the leadership in Plateau state is his party, how does he intend cajoling them to pay civil servants #100K?

Additionally, does he know that Nigeria is not as rich as he thinks? Or because we produce less than 3 million barrels of crude oil, then he assumes we're rich? He hinges the possibility of paying such amount of money on crude oil sales, what happens when the price falls? We run to China, World Bank, IMF etc. because we want to pay civil servants/corp members 100K? What else does Nigeria produce that can ensure we affording such amount annually? How come he doesn't talk about strengthening the economy, invariably, strengthening the currency but whines of how he will pay 100K? What about the resultant inflationary crises amounting from such ridiculous program?

Finally, who taught him economics in secondary school? He needs to ask for a refund.

What was posted is an extract of the manifesto that talks about the issue being discussed. Visit https://sowore2019.org/our-manifesto-full/ to
Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by Babysho(m): 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gerrard59:

So we should vote Buhari back in?
Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by Tolexander: 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
sowore2019:
Earlier today a post graced the Frontpage with the caption Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President'.

Ever since our Presidential aspirant Omoyele Sowore made this statement way back April 2018, a lot of skeptic have doubted the possibility of achieving the programme, describing it as a tall dream. It is expected considering the kind battered dignity and brainwashed we have undergo under the past and present analogue leadership we have had.

Most Nigerian have internalize oppression and are made to believe only statements that comes from the elites, those who have failed the country.
Despite all the doubts expressed about the possibility of implementation of the minimum living wage since the statement was made by Sowore, we are undaunted about our resolve to implement the programme.

We have not only included it in our Take It back movement manifesto but has also gone ahead to include it in our great party African Action Congress (AAC) manifesto. What most Nigerians should know is that our Party is not driven ambition but our conviction and resolution that Nigeria works for all Nigerians and not just the elites. We neither have godfathers or godmothers but intelligent, thorough breed professionals.

These professionals took time to analyse the Federal Civil service, acquire the current estimate of civil servants and their pay structure across all cadre and went ahead to estimate in term of cost what it will take our party, African Action Congress to implement not only the minimum living wage but our other programmes.

I will share for the discerning minds to analyse. You can read more of our party manifesto and how we intend to implement them with their cost analysis at https://sowore2019.org/our-manifesto-full/

This is something that has never happened in the history of politics in Nigeria. It takes a collective decision by we Nigerians to free ourselves from the elites that have turn our treasury to their social security.

cc: lalasticlala, seun
hello bro

I'm not doubting the feasibility of paying that amount of #100,000 as the minimum wage, of course Nigeria has the money.

Have you ever followed the trend of minimum wage increments in Nigeria and the accompanying effect on the market value of goods and services?

1 Like

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by Gerrard59(m): 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2018
Babysho:

So we should vote Buhari back in?

My post doesn't mean we should vote Buhari, but for someone to claim he has the solution to the nation's problems, his method to solve them should be questioned same way Buhari's plan to pay the less privileged 5K monthly was questioned. Same man Sowore supported.

Regarding Sowore winning, he stands no chance to win a street in Kano or Potiskum and these are places where the population is "higher" and actual voters exist.

As for voting Buhari, tell that to those who have a PVC.

1 Like

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by Babysho(m): 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gerrard59:

My post doesn't mean we should vote Buhari, but for someone to claim he has the solution to the nation's problems, his method to solve them should be questioned same way Buhari's plan to pay the less privileged 5K monthly was questioned. Same man Sowore supported.

Regarding Sowore winning, he stands no chance to win a street in Kano or Potiskum and these are places where the population is "higher" and actual voters exist.

As for voting Buhari, tell that to those who have a PVC.

He didn't support Buhari, he supported the notion of paying N5k to the less privileged mind you.

I'm not a guru when it comes to government affairs but what I know is that it can never go wrong when you cut down the size of an unnecessarily large government which Sowore has promised. Nigeria has about 10 more ministries than the USA even though we're not as populated as them and we don't even have that much going on in the country.

All I'm saying is we have power in our hands. Those in the north now know that they can have better. It's 2018. Don't give up. Because we don't see the light doesn't mean we get comfortable in darkness. There's a beautiful garden just behind 2019 election fence. Believe me.
Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by trillville(m): 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
sowore2019

From the spread sheet, I can see Sowore plans to increase tax revenue. What sort of taxes does he plan on implementing?

Another issue I have is why is Sowore focusing on civil servants as his way of reducing poverty. I do not have the numbers but I doubt that the total number of civil servants is up to 10 percent of Nigeria's population so why the focus on civil servants. An increase in investments in public primary and secondary education will have a greater impact on poverty reduction than simply increasing wages. In fact, presently, Nigeria needs to reduce it's civil service workforce rather than improving welfare.

Please read this article for reforms the new PM of Pakistan is planning to carry out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-politics-khan/new-pakistan-pm-khan-calls-for-austerity-wants-bullet-proof-cars-sold-idUSKCN1L40MZ
Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by Gerrard59(m): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
[quote author=Babysho post=70432253]

He didn't support Buhari,
he supported the notion of paying N5k to the less privileged mind you.

Which is a ridiculous scheme, assuming it currently works. Where is the money coming from? The same mistake Buhari made is what he plans to make (which won't materialise as he will not win).

I'm not a guru when it comes to government affairs but what I know is that it can never go wrong when you cut down the size of an unnecessarily large government which Sowore has promised. Nigeria has about 10 more ministries than the USA even though we're not as populated as them and we don't even have that much going on in the country.

When he can explain how he intends to change the constitution which supports such anomaly, then he has started making sense.

All I'm saying is we have power in our hands. Those in the north now know that they can have better. It's 2018. Don't give up. Because we don't see the light doesn't mean we get comfortable in darkness. There's a beautiful garden just behind 2019 election fence. Believe me.

grin grin

Thanks for making me laugh.

1 Like

Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by trillville(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Babysho:

He didn't support Buhari, he supported the notion of paying N5k to the less privileged mind you.

Please when has Sowore spoken about reducing the size of government? Do you have a link to prove this?
Re: How Omoyele Sowore Presidency Will Achieve N100,000 Minimum Living Wage by RevenGeMission: 12:05am On Aug 20, 2018
If sowore will wait for 2023 , I'll personally campaign for him

However most of his plans can't be actualized

(1) (Reply)

Dancing Into Government House: Osun; A Model For 2019. / ... / Nnamdi Kanu Reappearance A Plot By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.