Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall (14838 Views)

PDP Writes INEC, Withdraws From Enugu East Senatorial Election / PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case / IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by blog4all(m): 10:47am On Aug 20, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party in Akwa Ibom State has written the Senate demanding the immediate declaration of the seat of a senator representing Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District, Godswill Akpabio, vacant.

Akpabio was, until recently, the Senate minority leader, before he defected to the All Progressives Congress.

The Publicity Secretary of the party in the state, Mr Ini Emembong, said the party took the decision because it was not within its purview to declare the seat of a defecting senator vacant.

Emembong explained that the letter was addressed to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, because he reserved the power to declare seats of senators vacant, as provided by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He said, “The declaration will be done on the floor of the Senate. We have made the request through a letter. We would have been taken the matter to court, but the constitution says when such a thing happens, it is the Senate President that will declare a defector’s seat vacant.”

Efforts to speak with Akpabio for his reaction failed as calls to his mobile indicated that it was switched off.

He was also yet to respond to a text message sent to his mobile as of the time of filling this report.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/pdp-writes-saraki-demands-akpabios-recall/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by dukie25: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2018
I think I agree with them. There's no division in PDP, his seat should be declared vacant.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
dukie25:
I think I agree with them. There's no division in PDP, he's seat MUST be declared vacant.
Fixed

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by chriskosherbal(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2018
Am seriously sitting down waiting for 2019 general election and with all these plenty drama definitely I will be entertained ...cos politicians and election are like 5& 6.

GOD BLESS Nigeria.

Check our my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by SolutionMee: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2018
OK we've heard you

The way Saraki go humble Buhari come 2019 election go shock Nageria Cityzin

They think politics is all about having millions of Almajiri followers

By the time Trump, Putin and the Queen ordered Buhari to step down, nah den Zombie go know watsup

Never again will Nigerians vote in a President that cannot wear a suit

Cuz in 2015, we bargained for a President and not a Malam

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
Akpabio is irrelevant now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by nairavsdollars(f): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
10 million Sarakis can effect Akpabio's recall

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
They're just making the Crooked Akpa(amu)bio relevant

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by n0fav0rs: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Am seriously sitting down waiting for 2019 general election and with all these plenty drama definitely I will be entertained ...cos politicians and election are like 5& 6.

GOD BLESS Nigeria.

Check our my signature

It’s sad you’re all about the entertainment. Shame! How’s this even entertaining? Your country is on fire and our future being mortgaged by some greedy few but the only thing interesting you is the ‘entertainment’. Really?

The youths are not ready

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by dotcomnamename: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lol jokers grin

Recall ko, Ricardo ni.

8 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Metuh: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
I laff at BMCs situated in Ogbomoso and dictating how Bulhari will gather phantom votes in SE and SS. grin

Should we tell them that Expired tramadol is dangerous for their health. grin

SOUTH SOUTH IS PDP! I hope they won't blame Saraki for this?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Tedpgrass: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
Interesting turn of events

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by pol23: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
Akpabio so ambitious and very myopic.

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by asawanathegreat(m): 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Let them try is if it will work out at all.
Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by unite4real: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
SolutionMee:
OK we've heard you

The way Saraki go humble Buhari come 2019 election go shock Nageri Cityzin

By the time Trump, Putin and the Queen ordered Buhari to step down, nah den Zombie go know watsup

Never again will Nigerians vote in a President that cannot wear suit

same words in bolded used by Jonathan's wife and it cost them last election. Continue.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by ipobarecriminals: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
grin confused jhudas
Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by maestroferddi: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Akpabio has failed already.

Just wait till next year and ensure that he does not make it back to the senate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by dotcomnamename: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
SolutionMee:
OK we've heard you

The way Saraki go humble Buhari come 2019 election go shock Nageria Cityzin

Never again will Nigerians vote in a President that cannot wear suit

Grow up for once. Smh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hmmmmm let me keep my fingers crossed.

As it is if this recall is approved, Akpabio will not scale through!

Politicians need to realise that after election, its more of service to Nigeria than party!

I have never seen such a mess in any ARM of government before!

Let national interest be the order of the day!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by jyz200(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
must I comment
Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by BLSYNG: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
It's that simple, Akpabio does not have any constitutionally recognized basis for his defection. There was no division in PDP, so, his seat should be declared vacant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by bishopkay: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
I've been awaiting this move and it's the right step. There's no division in the PDP either at the state or national levels thus akpabio made a wrong move as dictated by our constitution.

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by asawanathegreat(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
That will be a failed mission to embark on

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Sweetcollins: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
Drama kings
Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by KingLennon(m): 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please when was the deadline osho gave in impeaching saraki? Saraki will be giving them nightmares until they get the two-third majority votes
Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by Abdul9025(m): 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
saraki should also declare his sit vacant for decamping to PDP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall by strangest(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
akpabio should leave the seat

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Hoodlums Who Beat Fadila Abdulrahman Over Facebook Post / Atiku Will Win By 7 Million Votes Margin  – Ayu / Peter Obi: Nigeria Must Work For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.