Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,868 members, 7,859,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki (476 Views)

Tinubu Insists He Brought Buhari To Power And Will Succeed Him / Farooq Kperogi: Tinubu Is Attacking Buhari Because He Won't Be President / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by okaynigeria: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
Senate President Bukola Saraki has accused the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, of nursing 2023 Presidential ambition.

In a statement made available to OkayNG.com on Monday, the senate president said Tinubu was supporting President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election because he wants to succeed him.

The former Lagos state governor had insinuated that Senate President and the others who recently left the APC did so because they wanted automatic tickets and sharing of Nigeria’s wealth.

Reacting, Saraki said when Tinubu was appointed the head of the APC’s reconciliation committee, he (Tinubu) reached out to him and admitted that he was also not satisfied with Buhari’s performance, but that he would remain in the party.

The senate president: “However, during those meetings, the point of disagreement between me and him was that, while I expressed worries that there was nothing on ground to assure me that the administrative style and attitude would change in the next four years in a manner that will enable us deliver the positive changes we promised to our people, he (Tinubu) expressed a strong opinion that he would rather ‘support a Buhari on the hospital stretcher’ to get a second term because in 2023, power will shift to the South-west.

“This Tinubu’s viewpoint was not only expressed to me but to several of my colleagues. So much for acting in national interest.

“It is clear that while my own decision was based on protecting collective, national interest, Tinubu will rather live with the identified inadequacies in the government for the sake of fulfilling and preserving his presidential ambition in 2023.

“This new position of Tinubu has only demonstrated inconsistency, particularly when one reviews his antecedents over the years.”

The senate president also revealed that Tinubu is still annoyed with him for stopping his ambition to emerge as the running mate of Buhari in 2014.

“Again, let me reiterate my position that my uncertain and complex relationship with Tinubu has been continually defined by the event of 2014 when myself and other leaders of the APC opposed the Muslim-Muslim ticket arrangement about to be foisted on the APC for the 2015 polls.

“It should be noted that he has not forgotten the fact that I took the bull by the horns and told him that in the interest of the country, he should accept the need for the party to present a balanced ticket for the 2015 general elections in terms of religion and geo-political zones,” he added.

https://www.okayng.com/tinubu-supporting-buhari-because-he-want-to-succeed-him-in-2023-saraki/

Re: Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by Danchoco(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hmm
Re: Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by okaynigeria: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by magoo10(m): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2018

Reacting, Saraki said when Tinubu was appointed the head of the APC’s reconciliation committee, he (Tinubu) reached out to him and admitted that he was also not satisfied with Buhari’s performance, but that he would remain in the party.

Imposing buhari a monumental failure and dullard on Nigerians because he (tinubu) wants to take over by 2023 makes him a wicked and greedy politician and he will fail.

Every one has the right to aspire for greater heights but if tinubu was jagaban enough he ought to have allowed internal democracy to play and not imposition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by CSTR1005: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
Who will vote for that kleptomaniac?

Maybe his people, because even the north tolerates him only because of their shared interest in buhari.
Re: Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by Johnnyessence(m): 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
hmmmmm. omo babaoloye speak on.
Re: Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by vedaxcool(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2018
This criminal is only believed by his fiends.
Re: Tinubu Supporting Buhari Because He Wants To Succeed Him In 2023 - Saraki by Mynd44: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2018

(1)

LAGOS: Truly No Man's Land!! / Oboro Picked Senatorial Primary Form Of PDP / Who Will Nigerians Follow Come 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.