Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant (1289 Views)

Salary Of A Chartered Accountant / Interested In Being A Chartered Administrator?Get All Questions Answered Here! / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by yinkaoke(f): 8:37am On Jun 25, 2010
Please nairaland members I need your advice
Going by the last ICAN examination result, I am now a Qualified accountant and I am working in a Banking support service organisation as an account clerk, I need a better job now that I am a Chartered Accountant but my challenge is I am an undergraduate, studying accounting in UNILAG DLI though an ND holder from YABATECh. Pls what can I do. Can I apply to KPMG or any of the BIG FOUR audit firms or is there any other company that I can apply to with my ACA certificate.

thanks your contribution will be highly appreciated
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by AjanleKoko: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2010
Big Four without a degree? Heck no way!
With an ND, the likes of KPMG, PWC, or Deloitte are not likely to hire you, despite your accounting qualification.
There are lots of opportunities for accountants in industry. Keep working where you are, keep gaining experience, and, now that you are ACA, plan to enrol for an MBA.
Cheers.
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by yinkaoke(f): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2010
@Ajanlekoko
Thanks please can u brief me on MBA enrolment, I heard it possible with ACA certificate but which University and how do I go about it.
Thanks once agin in acticipation of ur response
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by DisGuy: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2010
its unfortunate you are in nigeria sounds bad doesnt it?

But some big Accounting companies will hire you with your qualification and experience ethey will even pay for you to get more qualification and experience

some employ student right from (College) A-levels then put them through their programme
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by AjanleKoko: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^
There's too much competition in Nigeria.
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by Bush2: 1:10am On Jun 26, 2010
My advice to is that, try and obtain your Bsc or HNDĀ  and merge them with your ACA it will work better, but as per now you better stop calling, addressing, emergining your goodself as Chartered Accountant, who do you thing will charter you while you are not graduate.
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by AjanleKoko: 7:40am On Jun 26, 2010
yinkaoke:

@Ajanlekoko
Thanks please can u brief me on MBA enrolment, I heard it possible with ACA certificate but which University and how do I go about it.
Thanks once agin in acticipation of your response

I'm not sure which universities. Been a while since I left school, sorry.
I know lots of ACAs that have gone on to enrol for MBA degrees, with their ICAN qualification.
Have you applied for your NYSC exemption, or applied to serve?
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by mayorde(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2010
@ ajalekoko. I thought they said professional bodies are not allowed to serve anymore including part-time students but you mentioned 'apply to serve' please i will like to know if one can apply to serve.

@yinka. dont mind naysayers whether u are a graduate or undergraduate or even still seeking admission as far as nigeria is concerned you are a chartered accountant!
Re: What Are The Offers Available To Me As A Chartered Accountant by Harus(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
I have HND in Electrical Engrg and I want to become an accountant (Chartered).
Pls what should I do?
I look forward to your response pls.

(1) (Reply)

Career Counsel Needed Pls! / His Rich Father Wants Him Out As An Apprentice- Pls Advice!!! / Mini Importers Blueprint Course [a Simple Guide To Mini Importation Business]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.