Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave (25851 Views)

3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics) / Lagos To Impound Unpainted Intra-State Commercial Vehicles / Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by docadams: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2018
Aftermath of Igbo traders’ exit: C’River commences coding of commercial vehicle, tricycle operators ON AUGUST 21, 2018

Calabar is safe – Inuwa, CP By Ike Uchechukwu

Governor Ben Ayade Exercise to tackle insecurity– Ngagi

We support measure – Ewa, Tricycles Association chair

It’ll reduce crime – Okon

Crime wavet’ll be down in C’River - Okon

CALABAR- FOLLOWING the relocation of many Igbo businessmen from Calabar and other parts of Cross River State to neighbouring Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi states, the Cross River State Government has introduced a new coding system on commercial vehicles, including tricycles plying the state to curb armed robbery, kidnapping and other crimes

Mr. Jude Ngaji, a Senior Special Assistant, SSA, Security to Governor Ben Ayade, told NDV that the measure was to create a data bank of all the commercial vehicle operators in the state with a view to curbing insecurity in the metropolis and the state at large. “The operators have all filled forms giving their full details, so, if a case is reported about a vehicle, all we do is simply check the system and know who the owner of the vehicle is. “We are being proactive, knowing that these criminal activities happen around us every day and we need to curb them. This is not an indictment on any commercial vehicle operator, but it is something we must do to ensure that most of the common criminal cases are reduced,” he said. He said the state government would handle the cost implications of registering and giving codes to the commercial vehicles in all the local government areas of the state. …Govt‘ll bear cost of registration “I heard that a token was paid by the commercial operators for the registration and codes, but I am going to order all that to be returned to the operators and see that it becomes the full responsibility of the state government,” Ngaji added.

The security adviser, however, called on commercial vehicle operators who use their vehicles to engage in criminal activities to refrain from such as the state would employ necessary methods to curb their activities.

Reacting, chairman, Tricycle Owners Association of Nigeria, TOAN, in the state, Joseph Ewa said the measure would help in identifying the evil ones, who pose as ‘Keke riders’ to commit various forms of crimes. “We have heard numerous complaints of people forgetting their belonging in a keke and they were not brought to the office, so they could be returned to the owners,” he said. I

Also speaking, chairman, Unified Commercial Drivers in Cross River, Effiong Okon, said though the system was new in Cross River; it had been in existence in other states and even abroad. Okon noted that the development would surely reduce crime as it is easy to identify the new codes boldly written on the vehicles than identifying the number plates on commercial vehicles – Police Commissioner

Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hafiz Inuwa, told NDV: “There will always be criminally- minded people in the society but as security operatives, we are very proactive in our action, we are not reactive because we want to prevent crime even before it happens. “You must have observed that the crime wave is on the decline as we speak, we have raided a lot of criminal hideouts in the city and we have charged a lot of people to court for various crimes. We know and believe that once that confidence is regained, a lot of people, even new businesses, will come back to Calabar. “But I can assure you that Calabar remains one of the safest cities in West Africa, because you can walk the streets till dawn because we have increased patrol and surveillance and we have changed our tactics in a bid to tackle the menace of armed robbery, cultism and kidnapping,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/aftermath-of-igbo-traders-exit-criver-commences-coding-of-commercial-vehicle-tricycle-operators/

7 Likes

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by docadams: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2018
Why the exodus of IBO trades from Calabar

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by CanineOfJackal: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2018
docadams:
The report didn't mention Igbo's but because you have your brain in your pocket instead of your head, you started screaming Igbo.

I pity your small life

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by alizma: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2018
I first saw this coding of commercial taxi in IMO state and I felt good with it. but wait o, why are these set of people known largely for crime?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by alizma: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
The report didn't mention Igbo's but because you have your brain in your pocket instead of your head, you started screaming Igbo.

I pity your small life
maybe you should channel this your anger toward vanguard who first mentioned the Igbos.

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by dlaw70(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2018
docadams:
Aftermath of Igbo traders’ exit: C’River commences coding of commercial vehicle, tricycle operators ON AUGUST 21, 2018

Calabar is safe – Inuwa, CP By Ike Uchechukwu

Governor Ben Ayade Exercise to tackle insecurity– Ngagi

We support measure – Ewa, Tricycles Association chair

It’ll reduce crime – Okon

Crime wavet’ll be down in C’River - Okon

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/aftermath-of-igbo-traders-exit-criver-commences-coding-of-commercial-vehicle-tricycle-operators/
may the useless developers leave our communities.b4 Igbos south south was

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by docadams: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
CanineOfJackal:

I pity your small life

CALABAR- FOLLOWING the relocation of many Igbo businessmen from Calabar and other parts of Cross River State to neighbouring Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi states,

Kindly reset your thinking faculty before replying again.
BTW, my post was meant for those in the know to ventilate on the issue so I can know better.Otherwise I can't understand why Ibo traders should be leaving Calabar for adjourning states.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by proeast(m): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2018
Igbos are gradually becoming highly influential in many states across Nigeria. From Lagos to Rivers, Abuja to Cross River, Plateau to Benue etc. A time will come when we will be a force to reckon with just like it was in the first republic before the civil war. We can't be contributing significantly to the local economy of all these states without having a say. However, we should bring most of our investment home to the East.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by mycar: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2018
docadams:

Due to the rising rate of criminal activities in the state. State not been conducive for the wealthy people. State was caught knapping but later woke up when they found out that the businesses in the state had started crashing down.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2018
Proactive step by the government to encourage Igbo (and other) investors to return.

25 Likes

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by docadams: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2018
mycar:

Due to the rising rate of criminal activities in the state. State not been conducive for the wealthy people. State was caught knapping but later woke up when they found out that the businesses in the state had started crashing down.

Thank you for the update. I was really worried after reading the article. Crime in Cross River has been trending for a while now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by docadams: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2018
igbodefender:
Proactive step by the government to encourage Igbo (and other) investors to return.

I wonder why the State government allowed things to degenerate to that level before acting.

7 Likes

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Donald95(m): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2018
mod will hardly push this to FP since it shows how important presence of Igbos are to other states.

But I don't think lalasticlala Dominique Seun is like that

7 Likes

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by proeast(m): 11:27am On Aug 21, 2018
docadams:

Thank you for the update. I was really worried after reading the article. Crime in Cross River has been trending for a while now
That would be dangerous and very bad for a state that relies so much on tourism. The Igbo elite has been complaining about the high crime rate in the state now including robbery and kidnappings without serious action by the state government until now they started moving out.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by docadams: 11:43am On Aug 21, 2018
proeast:
That would be dangerous and very bad for a state that relies so much on tourism. The Igbo elite has been complaining about the high crime rate in the state now including robbery and kidnappings without serious action by the state government until now they started moving out.

The Ibos are resilient. When exodus exists, then real wahala dey. I am hoping for a reversal of this misfortune.

Lalasticala, what sayeth ye of this issue. Care moving to FP for enlightenment.

11 Likes

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 21, 2018
c
Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by docadams: 11:58am On Aug 21, 2018
biafranation:

Typical demonic afonja. Sees a news about traders, his afonja brain instinctively assumes Igbo. He rushed and opened thread, and then comment first to create a division between Igbos and their lifelong brothers. You afonjas are demons...wicked evil spirits straight from hell!

Your brain need to be separated from your body for your own good. You booked space and I thought you were reading the preceding posts. How wrong I was.
You can now take time to read the posts.

35 Likes

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by freeze001(f): 11:58am On Aug 21, 2018
biafranation:

Typical demonic afonja. Sees a news about traders, his afonja brain instinctively assumes Igbo. He rushed and opened thread, and then comment first to create a division between Igbos and their lifelong brothers. You afonjas are demons...wicked evil spirits straight from hell!

Calm down. That is what d newspaper reported so he's right to ask why. If you've been abreast with d news, you'd have seen that there's been a rash of robberies, attacks and killings of Igbos particularly d reasonably wealthy traders and others in Calabar so that's why they needed to relocate cos obviously they were being targeted.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2018
freeze001:
[s]

Calm down. That is what d newspaper reported so he's right to ask why. Check his antecedents as well and you'll see he's no afonja. Furthermore, if you've been abreast with d news, you'd have seen that there's been a rash of robberies, attacks and killings of Igbos particularly d reasonably wealthy traders and others so that's why they needed to relocate cos obviously they were being targeted.[/s]

Same person as the OP...changing account to respond to me. Also you are a yoruba man not a woman!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by KratosCorp: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
Seems something is pretty wrong with you?

Check people's profile before you attack them. Or are you just 13 years old?

Do you have any iota of idea about the profile of that core igbo lady whom you just insulted merely because she politely corrected your idiocy?

Your silly rash and irrational behavior on here does not help us on this forum at all.

Be careful.

biafranation:

Same person as the OP...changing account to respond to me. Also you are a yoruba man not a woman!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by BruncleZuma: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by pelicanbeau(f): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
indigbo
Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Desyfoley1452(m): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
me and emeka na dem dey rush us

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Sannisege: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
proeast:
Igbos are gradually becoming highly influential in many states across Nigeria. From Lagos to Rivers, Abuja to Cross River, Plateau to Benue etc. A time will come when we will be a force to reckon with just like it was in the first republic before the civil war. We can't be contributing significantly to the local economy of all these states without having a say. However, we should bring most of our investment home to the East.
yes very influential in committing heinous crimes like drug peddling, prostitution and 419.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by omooba969(m): 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
proeast:

Only if y'all can do that... cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Niccoloimhotep: 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Must the state govt. wait until an obvious exodus by the igbos occur before he takes corrective steps? Well, its always better late than never ........calabar ayaya kiss

I have cheap cars available for sale right here in the great city of ibadan. Toks 2006 big daddy for 1.7m and registered lexus es300 for 1.5m

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by buharitill2023: 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
OK
Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Thegamingorca(m): 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin
Re: Cross River Begins Coding Of Commercial Vehicles, As Igbo Traders Leave by Brainbox2020(m): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
Racism starts from NAIRALAND take it or you leave it....

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri / Jimi Lawal Emerges PDP Governorship Candidate In Ogun State / Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.