Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) (23326 Views)

Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) / Man Faking Madness Caught With N250,000, Three Iphones, Women Underwear In Ogun / Woman Accused Of Faking Madness, Apprehended With Money, Phones, ATM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by Giftedhand92: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
In the hopes of evading arrest, a robber dressed up in a tattered and dirty jean shorts and shirt with unkempt hair to give the impression that he was mentally ill.

The Imo State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps has arrested one suspected armed robber, Mishael Okeke (31), who feigned to be mentally ill.

Parading the suspect on Tuesday, the state NSCDC commandant, Mr Raji Ibrahim, said Okeke was arrested in a compound in the Ama Awusu area of Owerri metropolis around 12.11am on Monday following a call from one of those living in the compound.

Ibrahim said the suspect, whose body was full of scars, allegedly scaled the fence, adding that he told the NSCDC men that he was hungry and in search of food.
“He (suspect) claimed that he is not an armed robber, but a man who had been hungry for three days. He said the hunger made him to scale the fence into the compound to beg for food from the inhabitants at 12.11am.

“Though no exhibit was recovered from him at the time of the arrest, the fact that he dressed up in a tattered and dirty jean shorts and shirt with unkempt hair gave the impression that he was a man of questionable character,” Ibrahim said
The suspect, who claimed that he hailed from Ihitte Uboma in Imo State and a graduate of a federal polytechnic, however, denied that he was a robber.

He said he did menial jobs and had come to Owerri in search of work.
“For three days, I was in the area searching for a job to do but I did not get it. I had used the little money on me to eat. For the three days, I did not bath and was sleeping in front of any closed shop in the area.
“On the third night, I became desperately hungry. Everybody that I begged for money to eat did not look at me, let alone helping me.

“When hunger wanted to pull out my eyes, I trekked to that compound as I saw parked exotic cars. I knocked on the gate many times, but nobody came out. The next alternative was to scale the fence into the compound to make a noise, so that they could come out,” he said.

He said when the occupants eventually came out, they did not allow him to explain himself but rather walked him out of the compound.
“When I was about leaving the compound, they called me back and called operatives of the NSCDC, who arrested me,” he added.
The suspect, however, confessed that when he was arrested, he pretended to be insane in order to deceive the NSCDC operatives and escape.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/suspected-robber-faking-madness-arrested-by-civil-defence-corps-in-imo-photo/

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by fruqy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Lol. Busted
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by unclemide(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
K
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by easynetsms(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nothing someone will not see in D's country

check my signature for cheap dstv and gotv subscription 100% legit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by MyExpression(m): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
wow!
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by bentlywills(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
cool
This one dey mad true tru nah '

Nonsense and bobrisky

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by Dareal90s(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Let's celebrate him, Igbo Amaka. grin

7 Likes

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by popsyleo1: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
K
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by dayleke: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Which one is he?
Amu roba or madman?
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by vedaxcool(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ode, your mate Eweremadu has masions all over the world you are here forming madness. What a lazy loser.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by kennypoju04: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good..

Check below
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by naijapips04: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
vedaxcool:
Ode, your mate Eweremadu has masions all over the world you are here forming madness. What a lazy loser.

you mean his mate Tinubu?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by KanuIsCursed: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
another ipob jew

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by SamuelTurner(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
Misheal Okeke.......

Na dem ooooo

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by ceejay80s(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
nigerian s tire me
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by derrydinny: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
Igbo lo shey beat
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
undecided lipsrsealed embarassed cool sad wink cheesy wink cheesy grin IPOB and their clownish madness

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by mrjaydee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ipob amaka

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
cheesy cheesy wink sad undecided all evil dey their fl@theads
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by Debra911(f): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
grin lobatan
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by Sirpaul(m): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
Busted....... ..... na dem
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
wink cheesy grin from PIGS to Madness. IGBO AMAKA

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by MartinCorridon: 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
Dumb residents, foolish criminals, Stupid rulers. Coward leaders.

These piglets are so unfortunate anywhere they turn
undecided

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by SEONaijaExpert: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
He can fake the madness to jail
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by FarahAideed: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
Clearly a mad man sha
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by andybest4live: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
Men are very wicked b/c money
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by babtoundey(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
This one is even a graduate...

Little wonder why our streets and the faces of our roads are littered with this self-made mad persons. It seems such trick (to rub, to kill for ritual, to rape and maim under the guise of madness) is most effective and appealing to criminals nowadays.

The government should not just rise up to the need to rid our cities of the human waste but also make life comfortable and livable for common man.
Re: Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) by experimentist: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
grin

I'm commentless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Jail’s Airtel Customer Service Representative For Facilitating N2.2m Fraud / Man Kidnaps 5-year Old Boy In Ogun, Arrested In Abuja (pictured) / Arrested Upper Iweka Touts Forced To Sing Soludo Praise While In Rehab Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.