Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

"Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire (2995 Views)

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
Believers, did you know that the phrase "Beware of dogs" has its origins in God's word? See it in Philippians 3:2 (New King James Version)-

"Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!"

This a warning from Paul to the believers in Philippi to beware of some Jews who were insisting that the Gentile believers ought to be circumcised in order to be really saved. We see that the warning does not just cover the issue of circumcision but also the entire Law of Moses when we read the verse in its context: Philippians 3:1-9 (NLT)-

"Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith. 2 Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved. 3 For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort, 4 though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!

5 I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. 6 I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.

7 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. 8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ 9 and become one with Him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith."

This a picture of life in Christ. But God does not just leave us to wallow in sins now that we who believe have His gift of everlasting righteousness in Christ. His Spirit that dwells in us is transforming us "to the image of the glory of the Lord, from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Believer, in Christ, we GET TO live right and not through human effort at obedience. By grace, put no confidence in human effort at obeying the law to be saved. Philippians 3 says:

"2 Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved. 3 For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort,... I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith."

Our confidence is in Christ alone. Through Him, we get to live in triumph over sin and death- Romans 5:17-

"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ."

Right believing always produces right living.

http://rightbelieving101..com/2018/08/beware-of-dogs-and-put-no-confidence-in.html?m=1

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
jiggaz:
Believers, did you know that the phrase "Beware of dogs" has its origins in God's word? See it in Philippians 3:2 (New King James Version)-

"Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!"

This a warning from Paul to the believers in Philippi to beware of some Jews who were insisting that the Gentile believers ought to be circumcised in order to be really saved. We see that the warning does not just cover the issue of circumcision but also the entire Law of Moses when we read the verse in its context: Philippians 3:1-9 (NLT)-

"Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith. 2 Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved. 3 For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort, 4 though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!

5 I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. 6 I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.

7 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. 8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ 9 and become one with Him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith."

This a picture of life in Christ. But God does not just leave us to wallow in sins now that we who believe have His gift of everlasting righteousness in Christ. His Spirit that dwells in us is transforming us "to the image of the glory of the Lord, from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Believer, in Christ, we GET TO live right and not through human effort at obedience. By grace, put no confidence in human effort at obeying the law to be saved. Philippians 3 says:

"2 Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved. 3 For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort,... I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith."

Our confidence is in Christ alone. Through Him, we get to live in triumph over sin and death- Romans 5:17-

"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ."

Right believing always produces right living.

http://rightbelieving101..com/2018/08/beware-of-dogs-and-put-no-confidence-in.html?m=1
Humm, all thanks to God! God bless you jiggaz

1 Like

Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2018
solite3:
Humm, all thanks to God! God bless you jiggaz
Thank you my brother..
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
Brother jiggaz thank you for this godly reminder. I love this.

You know, this guys have to make a choice. Do they want the Holy Ghost working and living out his holiness through them, or do they want to work out their own holiness by observing the law without the Spirit of holiness and righteousness?

1 Like

Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:13am On Aug 23, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Brother jiggaz thank you for this godly reminder. I love this.

You know, this guys have to make a choice. Do they want the Holy Ghost working and living out his holiness through them, or do they want to work out their own holiness by observing the law without the Spirit of holiness and righteousness?
Yes they do need to make a choice... You are welcome my bro...
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
Lord Jesus...
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2018
Morning
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thank you Lord Jesus
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yes Lord
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Evening
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
woe betide any who put their trust in the flesh
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
solite3:
woe betide any who put their trust in the flesh
exactly my brother!!
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
Yeah
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 25, 2018
they are really dogs
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2018
solite3:
they are really dogs
yes they are my bro.
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2018
Afternoon
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
Lord Jesus
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2019
Yesss
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
Yeah!!!!
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
Yes

1 Like

Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:53am On Sep 23, 2019
Yesssss
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Gbam!!
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
Now now
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
Great great
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:41am On Sep 26, 2019
Lord Jesus
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:10am On Sep 29, 2019
Yes Lord!!!
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
Evening
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2019
Evening nn
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
Lord Jesus Christ
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lord Jesus
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Yes Lord
Re: "Beware Of Dogs" And "Put No Confidence In Human Effort" - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Afternoon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyakhilome' Similar Teachings With Those Of The Rosicrucian Order, AMORC / What Is Your View As To The Origin Of Life? / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Knowledge In The Garden Of Eden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.