Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum (19471 Views)

Nnamdi Okafor: I Will Rather Be A Refugee Or Die In Ukraine Than Return / Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi / Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Herrmes: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2018
Deservedly so, I'm afraid.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Ugik(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2018
hisgrace090:
Nigeria will soon be rejected by all if care is not taken seriously.
hope u read the write up cos ur comment states otherwise
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Chuksmonika(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2018
I pray they grant them asylum....Canada is a nice and cool country to live in after the united states,these are Highly developed countries with high standard of living!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by AngelicBeing: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2018
sanmibukunmi:

This is what I was thinking, I it were met, I would told them that I need a better environment for my personal development and Nigeria does not provide that.
Will they deny them assylum if they say this?
Yes, you will be denied , according to UN, to be granted asylum, you must show or provide proof that your life is in danger in your country of residence, all this gay, genital mutilation, Boko haram stories don cast grin
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Jman06(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2018
Nowhere is safe in Nigeria please!
Even the roads, hospitals, churches, schools, big cities, villages. Everywhere is a death trap in Nigeria.

Please grant them asylums! Even if it means taking them as slaves, many wouldn't mind!

The attachment below shows how poor Nigerians die horrible deaths on the roads every day.

Please don't send them back to their deaths in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by blackprowler: 9:02am On Aug 23, 2018
Shookonekilla:
Who can balme.here look at Nigeria and the life Nigerians live daily it is sub human.

The life Nigerians live daily reminds you that Humans evolved from the animal, hence we share the common survival instinct trait. We strive , compete and w each other to death literally to achieve freedom and financial security. Just like the animals, we try to protect our pack (family). But at the end of the day when faced with the tough choice we bare our fangs and bite down hard, because really there are no saints in the animal kingdom, only breakfast and dinner.

With all your moral self-righteousness it still doesn't occur to you that Nigeria is how NIGERIANS made it? In sufficient numbers, these near-apes will reduce any country to the backwardness they created in Nigeria. BLACK MAN IS STILL AN APE!

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by blackprowler: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2018
Chuksmonika:
I pray they grant them asylum....Canada is a nice and cool country to live in after the united states,this are Highly developed country with high standard of living!

They made it like that so that rodents and pigs will come and destroy it, abi? These black barbarians think it's their right to leave their slums

2 Likes

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by blackprowler: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2018
Chuksmonika:
I pray they grant them asylum....Canada is a nice and cool country to live in after the united states,this are Highly developed country with high standard of living!

They made it like that so that rodents and pigs will come and destroy it, abi? These black barbarians think it's their right to leave their slums and look for a beautiful house and move in by force, with the excuse that their house no fine. Wetin consain owner of fine house?

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by budusky05(m): 9:10am On Aug 23, 2018
Asylum for what? Even abia state man now running from Boko Haram, pastors or christains claiming gay and seeking asylum yo avoid been killed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Orpe7(m): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2018
Best news i have heard since morning.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by ChuksGab(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2018
Friends I need ur responses please, Between Australia and Canada which one is better in terms of Jobs and comforts, and which one can someone comfortably process their E-Visa or cablevisa and travel from Nigeria without deportation. Thanks
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Ugosample(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2018
flyca:
Very GOOD!
If you must relocate, get your papers right and move. Asylum is backdoor ojoro migration.

Also, I wish other developed countries would tighten their laws to make it harder for Africans to relocate for frivolous reasons (starting from our political class), except you have something really good to offer! And it should be on interim basis. Africans should sit their asses down and develop Africa! Those countries we are running to was built by other people.

We need more aggrieved people in Africa who are willing to drive a revolution that will birth a new Africa. Running away is not the solutuon.

Most AFRICANS CANNOT develop Africa?

They are dumb clueless and bereft of the slightest idea on what and how a developed country should be.

The worst is that thrse same dumb fvcks will not allow the Africans who can develop the place do so.

They will frustrate and in some cases kill the visionary Africans

So the visionaries have to leave the continent for the dumb fvcks to continue to bask in their foolishness and enjoy their backwardness.

Look at the elections in Africa (Nigeria inclusive)

While those with sense are looking for good candidates to vote, vast majority of dumb fvck Africans will sell their vote for peanuts, and vote based on religious and tribal sentiments

And since majority carries the vote, guess who wins

The fact that Buhari still has tens of millions of supporters in Nigeria is testament that the country is filled with STUPID people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Ugosample(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2018
Jman06:
Nowhere is safe in Nigeria please!
Even the roads, hospitals, churches, schools, big cities, villages. Everywhere is a death trap in Nigeria.

Please grant them asylums! Even if it means taking them as slaves, many wouldn't mind!

The attachment below shows how poor Nigerians die horrible deaths on the roads every day.

Please don't send them back to their deaths in Nigeria.

yea

everywhere na death trap in Nigeria

remember those who died on Lagos ibadan expressway
They were burnt to death due to negligence of standards

There are SO MANY deaths avoidable in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by VULCAN(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2018
First off, the political class is not relocating so you're off point.

Is it a Senator earning an average of a million naira daily that is trying to relocate?

Secondly, the people relocating are those who do not see a bright future for themselves and their children.

Perhaps you see a bright future here for reasons which you should tell us?

Thirdly, what type of revolution are you talking about, please expantiate and while you're at it, tell us how you have contributed to said revolution?

flyca:
Very GOOD!
If you must relocate, get your papers right and move. Asylum is backdoor ojoro migration.

Also, I wish other developed countries would tighten their laws to make it harder for Africans to relocate for frivolous reasons (starting from our political class), except you have something really good to offer! And it should be on interim basis. Africans should sit their asses down and develop Africa. Those countries we are running to was built by other people.

We need more aggrieved people in Africa who are willing to drive a revolution that will birth a new Africa. Running away is not the solutuon.

2 Likes

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by flyca: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2018
Ugosample:

Most AFRICANS CANNOT develop Africa?

They are dumb clueless and bereft of the slightest idea on what and how a developed country should be.

The worst is that thrse same dumb fvcks will not allow the Africans who can develop the place do so.

They will frustrate and in some cases kill the visionary Africans

So the visionaries have to leave the continent for the dumb fvcks to continue to bask in their foolishness and enjoy their backwardness.

Look at the elections in Africa (Nigeria inclusive)

While those with sense are looking for good candidates to vote, vast majority of dumb fvck Africans will sell their vote for peanuts, and vote based on religious and tribal sentiments

And since majority carries the vote, guess who wins

The fact that Buhari still has tens of milloond of supporters in Nigeria is testament that the country is filled with STUPID people

I agree with your comment, except for the pronoun “they”? Why do Africans begin to feel “UnAfrican” once they get a PR abroad? Even those that just left yesterday

Ugochukwu calling Africans “they”. Sickening!

3 Likes

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by caprini1: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2018
Ugosample:

yea

Ugo kedu? hope you are now well grounded on the lagos-cotnu-lome-accra land route?
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by stagger: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2018
Asylum on grounds of escaping female genital mutilation is a fraudulent basis for such a request. The practice is not even as widespread in Nigeria as it is in places like Egypt. The Canadians are right. Such flimpsy reasons make it harder for people with genuine requests to have their cases examined on merit.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by flyca: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2018
VULCAN:
First off, the political class is not relocating so you're off point.

Is it a Senator earning an average of a million naira daily that is trying to relocate?

Secondly, the people relocating are those who do not see a bright future for themselves and their children.

Perhaps you see a bright future here for reasons which you should tell us?

Thirdly, what type of revolution are you talking about, please expantiate and while you're at it, tell us how you have contributed to said revolution?

You think Zarah Buhari, and Oshiomole's children and Saraki's relatives live in Nigeria and shop in Oshodi with you? The politicans make money from Nigeria and spend abroad on family and properties. Their kids just visit! Is this a secret? I'm surprised you don't know. Lol. Bye.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Charleslewizy(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2018
The unnamed Nigerian woman was denied asylum even though she claimed she fled Nigeria to escape the practice of female genital mutilation

She couldn't look for a more compelling claim instead of that flimsy one above. The tag Nigerian itself is already a curse, so it seems. Almost every country no longer has the slightest regard for u once u have that tag on u. even in fellow shithole countries, u are being treated as a piece of shit, wit so much contempt. I think it gets even worse wen u decide to stay put.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Ugosample(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2018
caprini1:
Ugo kedu? hope you are now well grounded on the lagos-cotnu-lome-accra land route?

yea

It's a very familiar route

but we are now expanding reach

we travel EVERYWHERE NOW

it's good to see you again
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by akdjr(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2018
So the slavery that the black man suffer has now become what they want back. Africans leaders are indeed leading without direction..... What are the government doing about people voluntarily seeking asylum to make ends meet. It should be a serious concern for any sane society.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by skallion7(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2018
Very good from the Canada government, protest to your own government its a NO. They'll rather run to other countries. Bunch of cowards!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Jman06(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2018
Ugosample:

yea

Honestly!!! Nigeria is such hellhole! Nothing works here. No standards. No laws. Road transportation is a mess. Anybody can just wake up one day and start driving without training. Without learning the basic traffic rules. If you ask them they claim they are "hustling". Drunkards, drug addicts, psychotic patients, everybody is a driver. The so called FRSC is there just for the sake of being there, while the officers take bribe from defaulters of traffic rules. Many substandard transport companies like "peace mass" are there killing poor Nigerians on daily basis without the people in authority doing anything to checkmate them.

The picture in my previous post is an accident scene where "peace mass transit" roasted innocent Nigerians traveling from abuja to enugu. I lost someone close to me in that accident and it is painful!
If "peace mass" had stopped employing alcoholics and drug addicts, if they had ensured strict compliance to road transport rules, some of these deaths would have been averted. Too bad!

3 Likes

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by UncleJudax(m): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2018
agabusta:

Chai, see story. You filed a refugee status to escape genital mutilation grin grin

Instead of you to confess that it is actually economic mutilation that you are running away from.

We need to up our game and develop our country to avoid all this embarrassment on our people.
You and who wan up game? When the youths are singing Sai Baba and Atikulation shocked

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Ugosample(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2018
skallion7:
Very good from the Canada government, protest to your own government its a NO. They'll rather run to other countries. Bunch of cowards!!

Look at this one undecided

protest to which government undecided

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Ugosample(m): 10:18am On Aug 23, 2018
Jman06:
Honestly!!! Nigeria is such hellhole! Nothing works here. No standards. No laws. Road transportation is a mess. Anybody can just wake up one day and start driving without training. Without learning the basic traffic rules. If you ask them they claim they are "hustling". Drunkards, drug addicts, psychotic patients, everybody is a driver. The so called FRSC is there just for the sake of being there, while the officers take bribe from defaulters of traffic rules. Many substandard transport companies like "peace mass" are there killing poor Nigerians on daily basis without the people in authority doing anything to checkmate them.

The picture in my previous post is an accident scene where "peace mass transit" roasted innocent Nigerians traveling from abuja to enugu. I lost someone close to me in that accident and it is painful!
If "peace mass" had stopped employing alcoholics and drug addicts, if they had ensured strict compliance to road transport rules, some of these deaths would have been averted. Too bad!

You are right
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by gokson600: 10:30am On Aug 23, 2018
Canada is not stupid. And you can’t blame them for stopping Nigerians from entering Canada. We do cracy things without thinking about wat the next man might be thinking. Stupid excuse. Run to other part of Nigeria now since u are facing female mutilation. See story�

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by themanderon: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2018
Just imagine people running away from a blessed country. If not for these accursed rogues ruling us Nigeria would have been a bliss....yet some people are trying to return this monumental failure of unquantifiable proportions to finish up the country in 2019. oh Nigeria who hath bewitched you

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by gabpaul: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2018
Kuku kee me here because am not going back to that shithole country oo grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by backnbeta(f): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2018
hisgrace090:
Nigeria will soon be rejected by all if care is not taken seriously.
Which care my brother? I think it's too late.. Even Ghana is rejecting naija embarassed

But seriously, forget genital mutilation, they should give Nigerians asylum based on economic mutilation.

3 Likes

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Gmajor(m): 11:15am On Aug 23, 2018
thesicilian:
The truth is that too much of everything will always have repercussions. Almost every Nigerian is relocating to Canada, are there no other countries? And the problem is not helped by the few very dumb ones who continue to make all of all look dumb like them. How can you give such a flimsy excuse as genital mutilation, in this day and age? How many villages still do that?!
The worst part is that she left her village, left city capitals all over Nigeria, and then ran all the way to Canada. WTF.
She even had enough money to travel abroad which means that she is rich enough to relocate to another state in Nigeria and start a viable business.
Nigerian are so skilled at turning themselves into nuisance. Now because of this her singular Stupidity, people who have genuine asylum seeking reason will find it even more difficult.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ogun, Two Die, 12 Vehicles Burnt / Bus Tumbles On Gbagada Oshodi Express In Lagos (photos) / What Will You Miss Most If You Travel Out Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.