Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum (19470 Views)

Nnamdi Okafor: I Will Rather Be A Refugee Or Die In Ukraine Than Return / Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi / Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Atigba: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2018
sanmibukunmi:

This is what I was thinking, I it were met, I would told them that I need a better environment for my personal development and Nigeria does not provide that.
Will they deny them assylum if they say this?

They will deny you

You are automatically an economic migrant
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by agabusta: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2018
UncleJudax:

You and who wan up game? When the youths are singing Sai Baba and Atikulation shocked

Well, you are excused if you are among those who has given up on the country. The places people are running to were not developed by Angels but by humans like us.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Shookonekilla: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2018
blackprowler:

With all your moral self-righteousness it still doesn't occur to you that Nigeria is how NIGERIANS made it? In sufficient numbers, these near-apes will reduce any country to the backwardness they created in Nigeria. BLACK MAN IS STILL AN APE!

Nigerians especially

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by iaatmguy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
agabusta:

Well, you are excused if you are among those who has given up on the country. The places people are running to were not developed by Angels but by humans like us.
Good luck in "your endeavour"
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Hemhoh: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
What is the source of this FAKE news? Only early last year a Nigeria lawyer dragged the Refugee board to court and he won eventually. The picture posted is wrongly used as the people in there are long settled in Canada. Haba! This is BAD.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by NiajaXionist: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
Most of them are not from Maiduguri or any war zone region as such no reason to offer them asylum. They are a bunch of criminals looking for the slightest opportunity. Canada deports them, we need our brothers back home.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
sammirano:
Seriously it's annoying, they should block them all. Nonsense
Why?
Becus they seek better life somewhere else
Its people like u dat jubilate when u are suffering and ur next door neighbour too is suffering.... And I see u as a problem. if u are OK with ur 3 square meal a day all made of carbohydrates and starch people are not OK with it....

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by sammirano: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Why?
Becus they seek better life somewhere else
Its people like u dat jubilate when u are suffering and ur next door neighbour too is suffering.... And I see u as a problem. if u are OK with ur 3 square meal a day all made of carbohydrates and starch people are not OK with it....

What do you know? Is people like you that have no purpose abroad but just want to go cos others are going then end up compounding your problem. Who says you cant make it in Nigeria? This country is filled with opportunities. If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
flyca:
Very GOOD!
If you must relocate, get your papers right and move. Asylum is backdoor ojoro migration.

Also, I wish other developed countries would tighten their laws to make it harder for Africans to relocate for frivolous reasons (starting from our political class), except you have something really good to offer! And it should be on interim basis. Africans should sit their asses down and develop Africa. Those countries we are running to was built by other people.

We need more aggrieved people in Africa who are willing to drive a revolution that will birth a new Africa. Running away is not the solutuon.
Bro keep on deceiving urself and urself alone
Wat u just said was wat my grandfather said... Niger will change but he died few years back when I was 2 years of age
Now my own father keeps saying Niger will change.... Bro my papa don day old Nigeria never change o
I have stop leaving d fantasy dream of Nigeria will change and we are d change.... Bro get ur visa or get ur pvc.... And I will go with d formal
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
sammirano:

What do you know? Is people like you that have no purpose abroad but just want to go cos others are going then end up compounding your problem. Who says you cant make it in Nigeria? This country is filled with opportunities. If you know, you know.
Did I say u should not make it in Nigeria
U can make it and make it for urself
Na my pocket u day work d money put

It is people like u dat hid to do visa and travel out and keep deceiving their friends in Nigeria.... Get out
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Akorkor(f): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2018
NiajaXionist:
Most of them are not from Maiduguri or any war zone region as such no reason to offer them asylum. They are a bunch of criminals looking for the slightest opportunity. Canada deports them, we need our brothers back home .

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Daint: 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
agabusta:

Chai, see story. You filed a refugee status to escape genital mutilation grin grin

Instead of you to confess that it is actually economic mutilation that you are running away from.

We need to up our game and develop our country to avoid all this embarrassment on our people.

Exactly, I think it should be totally legal to file for asylum on the basis of economic difficulties and unemployment.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by sammirano: 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Did I say u should not make it in Nigeria
U can make it and make it for urself
Na my pocket u day work d money put

It is people like u dat hid to do visa and travel out and keep deceiving their friends in Nigeria.... Get out

My friend, you are simply delusional. I merely pity the lot that faces severe hardship as a result of traveling illegally. Even those that travel legally are still having a hard time finding their feet. You really need to learn to reason objectively.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by ruffp: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
sanmibukunmi:
up0
This is what I was thinking, I it were met, I would told them that I need a better environment for my personal development and Nigeria does not provide that.
Will they deny them assylum if they say this?

Asylum is mainly for those whose lives are under threat in their home country. Economic reasons do not count.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by UncleJudax(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
agabusta:

Those places were developed by people who wanted and still want to be together, right? Nigerians don't even like themselves.

Have you not noticed how killing someone in Nigeria is almost no longer a crime?

If you like make your belief de in Pentabyte, Nigeria, with its current structure will NEVER be functional

1 Like

Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by caprini1: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ugosample:

yea

It's a very familiar route

but we are now expanding reach

we travel EVERYWHERE NOW

it's good to see you again
Good to know that........China is my route now.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by jorez: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
See buhari na don come everything turn upside down,in the last administration at least there was still a little hope but now the pressure is throwing even the rich out of the country. God save us
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
sammirano:

My friend, you are simply delusional. I merely pity the lot that faces severe hardship as a result of traveling illegally. Even those that travel legally are still having a hard time finding their feet. You really need to learn to reason objectively.
Grammerian..... Every aboki with e kettle
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
sammirano:

I can see u are already shifting table dats good
.... If u say illegally I agree
But not wen u have ur necessary documents nd ur finance to move out of dis shithole.... And u open ur mouth to say u can make it in Nigeria why travel

Bro may God forgive u ur ignorance
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by maddock(m): 2:47am On Sep 21, 2018
Gmajor:

The worst part is that she left her village, left city capitals all over Nigeria, and then ran all the way to Canada. WTF.
She even had enough money to travel abroad which means that she is rich enough to relocate to another state in Nigeria and start a viable business.
Nigerian are so skilled at turning themselves into nuisance. Now because of this her singular Stupidity, people who have genuine asylum seeking reason will find it even more difficult.

Pls can you enlighten us about other genuine asylum seeking reasons? You think you can just go and tell then Nigeria is not working and they would grant you asylum? You must have a story to tell brother for you to be considered.
Re: Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum by Ernest31(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2019
I love this. please let us stop deceiving ourselves. the way Nigeria is going now it will take the intervention of God to come down to Nigeria from heaven before this shit hole country called Nigeria can be good. I have traveled to Casablanca in Morocco before and i spent 10months there and i must confess that i regret coming back to this death country. please if you have a good opportunity to travel abroad please do so and go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ogun, Two Die, 12 Vehicles Burnt / Bus Tumbles On Gbagada Oshodi Express In Lagos (photos) / What Will You Miss Most If You Travel Out Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.