Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,708 members, 7,813,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman (5390 Views)

Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom / Court Orders Uzodinma To Reinstate Sacked Imo LG Chairmen / How APC NWC Foiled Attempt By Okorocha To Stop Imo LG Congresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by ceometromedia: 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
The Imo State Independent Electoral Commission (ISIEC) says there is no court order restricting it from conducting the Saturday’s local government council election in the state.

It said the election would hold as scheduled on Saturday.

Its Chairman, Mr Ethelbert Ibebuchi, said this on Thursday at a media briefing on the forthcoming 2018 Local Government Council Election in Imo State.

Ibebuchi said that the council election would be for the positions of chairmen and councillors in the 27 local government areas and 645 ISIEC electoral wards in Imo.

He said that the only case in court was that of the former council members seeking for the payment of their severance allowance from government and not on whether to conduct or not conduct election.

“We have not recieved any court order restraining ISIEC from conducting LGA election.

“Those in court are contending payment of things due to them and not that election should not hold,” Ibebuchi said.

He said that the state electoral body was fully ready for election on Saturday, adding that the commission had taken measures as well as given all the parties a level playing ground to ensure credible election.

“In a bid to conduct these council elections and get it right, we at ISIEC realised the imperativeness of adopting holistic, pragmatic approach and methodology that cilminated in several visits and consultations with critical stakeholders in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria,” he said.

According to the Imo ISIEC boss, the 2018 local government council election in the state required over 8000 ad-hoc staff of varying academic standard, adding that examination was conducted for those staff.

Ibebuchi said that 14 political parties would be fielding candidates in the election that would hold in the 3,523 polling units at 44 points.

He said that there would be restriction of movement of persons between 8.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.when polls would have ended as part of designs to ensure hitch-free exercise.

Ibebuchi said that an “inter security architecture” had been raised to maintain law, order and security of lives and property during the election.

He urged the electorate to come out enmass and exercise their civil responsibility in electing those that would serve them effectively and efficiently at the grassroots.

http://www.metronaija.ng/imo-lg-election-to-hold-saturday-isiec-chairman-2/
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by abokibuhari: 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Sojebrand(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
Issorite
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by promisechris63(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2018
I Smile in Swahili grin grin
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Kul3ger(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
Why can't they just stop wasting funds on the scam called local government elections? The result is APC wins 27/27 LGAs... So, what else don't we know

In fact, only party faithfuls turn out for local government elections these days. It has become that bad. cry cry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
All the best to the good contestants among them.

A better Nigeria is all we pray for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Nizguy(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
LG election? For almost 8yrs? Rochas I hail u ooh

1 Like

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by 007inc: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
Imagine this GA¥ governor conducting local govt elections at the tail end of his tenure grin
He’s just trying to recruit foot soldiers for he’s inlaw election!
One thing I promise Rochas is that he will fail woefully and we will beat up every APC agent, supporter, zombies . Let 2019 do and come jare.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Demolaeby: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
Election on this condition Okorocha kept IMO State

6 Likes

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Demolaeby: 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wetheral by Mcc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Demolaeby: 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
Newly constructed and collapsed Road at Wetheral

2 Likes

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Demolaeby: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2018
Almighty Douglas Road under Okorocha watch

3 Likes

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Demolaeby: 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Okorocha is a disaster to IMO State

4 Likes

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Duru1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2018
Imo State is led by one of the most idiotic persons given birth by a woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Demolaeby: 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2018
My Governor, my Governor! In IMO under the leadership of Okorocha, you will spend 3 hours for a journey of 20 minutes. Old roads to IMO is non functional. Okorocha has killed imo

1 Like

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by eyeview: 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
No need. Just announce the list Rochas handed you. No need trying to waste time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Yoshy: 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
Okorocha has turned what used to be a very neat and liveable city to a nightmare. You feel nostalgic going out if you live in Owerri, Imo looks forsaken and no semplance of government. Since Dee Sam Mbakwe and to some level Chief Achike Udenwa, Imo people has not being lucky..

However, I trust their ability to say "Enough is enough".l, you did it with the famous ikiri (Ohakim) please do it again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Kaycee9242(m): 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
Dts d new trend na wen a governor wants to leave seat he will plant his stooges in oder to still gain ground in d incoming government. Una dy try, its just waste of fund coz d new governor will still dissolve it
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by cocaineaddict(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
post=70550845:
All the best to the good contestants among them.

A better Nigeria is all we pray for.
Brethren who else has been observing this guy's posts lately? I think his brain is gradually being reconstructed by an unknown force. he's starting to make sense.

3 Likes

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Chynwe(f): 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
There will be a selection by Okorocha not an election. Impolite shouldn't bother themselves on Saturday. Election ko election ni.
Abeg make we talk another thing
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
cocaineaddict:

Brethren who else has been observing this guy's posts lately? I think his brain is gradually being reconstructed by an unknown force. he's starting to make sense.
Cocaineaddict is your moniker?!
Thank God you are getting back to normal gradually. We are happy for your people!
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by senatordave1(m): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
The new chairmen and councillors will work for the victory of ugwumba while buhari will get 40%
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by JacksonOyibo: 2:11am On Aug 24, 2018
smiley
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by EzeJustme(m): 4:16am On Aug 24, 2018
Demolaeby:
My Governor, my Governor! In IMO under the leadership of Okorocha, you will spend 3 hours for a journey of 20 minutes. Old roads to IMO is non functional. Okorocha has killed imo
You emphasize only the areas he didn't perform well. No government without criticism, but after Rochas you will understand. Disclaimer; i am not in support to his in law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 24, 2018
please isomebody help.average and poor imo people are starving of hunger and weak ones are dying.me i have eaten my last food this morning and i dont know where the next meal will come from. that man want to kill us all and enjoy imo state forever.familiocracy. UNITED NATIONS COME TO OUR AIDS IN IMO STATE NIGERIA. HE WILL CONDUCT AND ONLY HIM THE DICTATOR GOVERNOR WILL VOTE IN THAT ELECTION
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by kkboy(m): 5:46am On Aug 24, 2018
What is really going on in this country? This is a government that never conducted any local government election within the 7 years life of his administration, only to legally fix in touts they will use for the 2019 forth coming elections, only to be disbanded after the elections. Nigerians are indeed fantastically corrupt.
Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by Okoroawusa: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2018
APC all the way!

1 Like

Re: Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman by MbaiseBoy(m): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2018
It is better we have no leader in Imo than to have someone like Rochas.... A pure distraction to governance... A man with no goodwill, whose main ambition is only to enrich himself and his family, setting other pertinent issues om fire....
I risked my life for your governorship ambition hoping we will see a leader with a meek spirit,

ONLY GOD WILL JUDGE YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Hunting IPOB Security Network VIDEO / Biafra National Guard Begin Test Of Home Made Ballistic Missile And RPG- Pics / Review Of Nigeria Fire Safety Policy Will Advance Economic Development"- CG Lima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.