Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? (3639 Views)

Is Opel Zafira A Good Car For A Transport Business / Car Logo Game: Tell Us The Names Of These Car Brands Using Their Logos Only / Innoson Motors Officially Unveils New Brands Of SUVs In Anambra (see Prices) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by afoife: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2018
I own an opel zafira 2006 1.8L and to be honest it has been quite a nice ride though its not my everyday car. but I hardly hear anyone say something about it.

Cc
Egunmogaji
Radautoworks
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by radautoworks: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2018
afoife:
I own an opel zafira 2006 1.8L and to be honest it has been quite a nice ride though its not my everyday car. but I hardly hear anyone say something about it.

Cc
Egunmogaji
Radautoworks

No history on this car. Familiar with Opel but not that one...
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by afoife: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2018
radautoworks:

No history on this car. Familiar with Opel but not that one...
oh I see. But aunty can you work on this brand if I visit you?
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by 1stNumeroUno: 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
Actually, European vehicles are not popular out here in Nigeria especially for personal ride (maybe otherwise for commercial).
Funny enough, American spec of European vehicles are the real ballers here.

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Opel cars are very reliable and their parts are very cheap.
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by radautoworks: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
afoife:

oh I see. But aunty can you work on this brand if I visit you?

Routine maintenance, yes but anything else would be in a case basis according to Glen.
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by weyreypey: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Says who?
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
weyreypey:

Says who?
Says I tensazangetsu (heavenly chain slaying moon)

2 Likes

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by weyreypey: 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Says I tensazangetsu (heavenly chain slaying moon)
Absolutely wrong

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
weyreypey:

Absolutely wrong
That's your opinion maybe based on your own experiences. I find opel cars to be very reliable and their parts are cheap.

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by afoife: 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

my consideration before the choice. but getting a good technician is the issue
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by afoife: 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Routine maintenance, yes but anything else would be in a case basis according to Glen.

aunty this your grammar is out of my league ooo
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
afoife:

my consideration before the choice. but getting a good technician is the issue
Get a good German technician. They don't have any complex systems. Anyway, by the time the car starts to give you trouble. I would be able to help that's if you buy it kiss

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by AutoElectNG: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4520790/please-advice-opel-vectra-b#67854141

The thread speaks for itself

It seems the story was not completed though
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by radautoworks: 1:05am On Aug 25, 2018
afoife:

aunty this your grammar is out of my league ooo

I meant oil change, brake, etc yes. Anything more we would have to decide as it came up.
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by ironheart(m): 4:44am On Aug 25, 2018
We do not have transporters runing abuja, keffi akwanga kafancha jos Bauchi yola maiduguri road here

The car are good with those guys cos when the engine misbehave, its easy for them to replace it with vw golf mk2 engine.
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by Aquariann: 6:28am On Aug 25, 2018
ironheart:
We do not have transporters runing abuja, keffi akwanga kafancha jos Bauchi yola maiduguri road here

The car are good with those guys cos when the engine misbehave, its easy for them to replace it with vw golf mk2 engine.

Those speed demons with their Opel Vectra. They'll tailgate you till you give up probably because of the safety of their passengers which they obviously do not care about.
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by weyreypey: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2018
Aquariann:

Those speed demons with their Opel Vectra. They'll tailgate you till you give up probably because of the safety of their passengers which they obviously do not care about.
In the mood Vectra won't come close to my E class and if the driver wants to die. He's free
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by ironheart(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2018
Aquariann:

if you like drive a V8 you cannot beat them, they are always behind you any how you try.

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by ironheart(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2018
weyreypey:

In the mood Vectra won't come close to my E class and if the driver wants to die. He's free
Bros it's you who wants to die. Those guys have the maps of all the pothole on that road. They will give you a heads start except you want to maintain 240km/hr of which I doubt you would.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by Aquariann: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2018
weyreypey:

You'll just kill yourself for nothing.. They know the road and all its pothole like their palms. Your low E-class doesn't even stand a chance on that Keffi-Kachia stretch. Enter one pothole and you're gone.

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by Readonee35L(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2018
Aquariann:

You'll just kill yourself for nothing.. They know the road and all its pothole like their palms. Your low E-class doesn't even stand a chance on that Keffi-Kachia stretch. Enter one pothole and you're gone.
Chai cry
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by Aquariann: 9:57am On Aug 25, 2018
ironheart:
Bros it's you who wants to die. Those guys have the maps of all the pothole on that road. They will give you a heads start except you want to maintain 240km/hr of which I doubt you would.

I'm telling you. During my last trip from Zaria to Cross River, onward Keffi from that Jos/kafanchan junction, 160/170 kmh, nigga was still behind me and never out of my tail.

I just tire cos some stretch were really bad and I couldn't keep up and slowed down to 120.

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by buygala(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
I don't know about the road-rep of the model of Opel Op is talking about sha....

But those who regularly ply abuja-jos-bauchi-Gombe-kano and other routes around these areas will testify that the 1992 Opel Vectra has garnered a reputation of being a notorious speed demon sad.....and insanely durable and fuel-economic also

Those Hausa boys in the North....God bless and Punish them cool ..have pushed this vehicle's speed to it's limit...

The way those guys handle that vehicle at average speeds of 180km per hour in spite of the numerous potholes is something else .....

It has gotten so bad that if one is driving in a scary manner, people start asking you why you are driving like all these Vectra Boys grin

Now they are even diversifying into also demonizing the Peugeot 406.... cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by weyreypey: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
I will heed advice and maintain my lane. Thanks guys may we all live long to fulfill our mission on earth

I leave the speed competition to Nurey.

4 Likes

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by ray48: 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
Very good car. The Zafira, Astra & Vectra appear more common. (Don't forget the very popular Opel Omega then nicknamed "pure water"). The spare parts are very affordable depending on the year and model. If u re in Lagos, the parts are available at Ojuelegba & Ladipo.

1 Like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by afoife: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

I meant oil change, brake, etc yes. Anything more we would have to decide as it came up.

now I understand
Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by afoife: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
Here is what my opel looks like

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by weyreypey: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2018
afoife:
Here is what my opel looks like

Una wehdone... Olu Opel

Re: I Hardly Hear Anyone Say Anything About Opel. Are They Such A Very Bad Brands? by oneman11(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2018
It's a very good brand though I use the first generation. Been serving me for close to a year but one must be wary of their powerhouse as per most come as interference engines

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! Powerful Car Scanner (foxwell Nt614 Elite) / What Was The First Issue Your Car Developed? / Why Northerners Love Cars And Southerners Just Love Toyota.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.