Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (303030 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by udemzyudex(m): 9:15am On Dec 12, 2022
TheSoothSayer:
Hi guys will installing a custom rom clear all apps +data on phone?

Yes unless you dirty flash which I won't advice you to,if you don't know your way.

Just backup important files first.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
goodoo:
can you help me to install custom roms on my Redmi note 11,miui software nah rubbish without custom roms.

Are you sure ? some stock rom are very okay. like am using Redmi Note 10 pro miui 13.0.15 stable stock. my challenge with the phone at times when i use GPS or hot afternoon when the phone is inside my car it displays over heating grin grin grin am considering getting MI 11t
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2022
TheSoothSayer:
Hi guys will installing a custom rom clear all apps +data on phone?

Is bootloader unlocked?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by iksman2002(m): 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hi Guys, I'm new to this thread.
My Redmi note 9 running on MIUI 12.0.7 stopped connecting to Google services after factory data reset, so I just want to upgrade it to MIUI 12.5 or 13 so I'll see if that can solve my problem.
I already have the Recovery ROM downloaded but I don't know how to go about it.
Or if I should go with fastboot.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
iksman2002:
Hi Guys, I'm new to this thread.
My Redmi note 9 running on MIUI 12.0.7 stopped connecting to Google services after factory data reset, so I just want to upgrade it to MIUI 12.5 or 13 so I'll see if that can solve my problem.
I already have the Recovery ROM downloaded but I don't know how to go about it.
Or if I should go with fastboot.

But google search is free
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2022
Emmako007:
Please guys, what could make all redmi note 9s front and back cameras to stop working?
I guess Xiaomi sent out an OTA bug to destroy our cameras, I'm using Redmi Note 10 pro and my cameras stopped working around September.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MikeMicheal(m): 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
ExtraUniqueGuy:

I guess Xiaomi sent out an OTA bug to destroy our cameras, I'm using Redmi Note 10 pro and my cameras stopped working around September.
IF YOUR PHONE IS WORKING WELL, AVOID UPDATES.
I have said it times without number.

Why risk your phone in the name of update
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2022
ExtraUniqueGuy:

Only your Camera spoilt jare. All my Cameras are intact infact I am waiting for MIUI 14 and Android 13.

You have hardware issues which you never noticed on time.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2022
MikeMicheal:
IF YOUR PHONE IS WORKING WELL, AVOID UPDATES.
I have said it times without number.

Why risk your phone in the name of update

No risk. I updated my RN5 till the End of support. The guy I gave it to is still using it.

My RN10 Pro is on the latest version no issues
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
genius43:

Only your Camera spoilt jare. All my Cameras are intact infact I am waiting for MIUI 14 and Android 13.

You have hardware issues which you never noticed on time.

mine is intact too, and waiting for MIUI 14 also grin grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by udemzyudex(m): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2023
The best custom ROM for Redmi note 8 is the derpfest android 13 ROM.

Smooth animation, Xiaomi camera working (48mp) , face unlock and better battery backup.

I'm sticking with this for now,it can be use as a daily driver.

Enough customisation.

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
udemzyudex:
The best custom ROM for Redmi note 8 is the derpfest android 13 ROM.

Smooth animation, Xiaomi camera working (48mp) , face unlock and better battery backup.

I'm sticking with this for now,it can be use as a daily driver.

Enough customisation.
Lmao I give 1 month max, you'll find another "best custom rom"
I will be here waiting grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by udemzyudex(m): 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
Reddington:

Me wey don switch back to note 8 stable Indonesia ROM cos of the miui dialer and message apps.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Obere4u: 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
Please anyone know the price of Redmi Note 9 motherboard
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
udemzyudex:

Me wey don switch back to note 8 stable Indonesia ROM cos of the miui dialer and message apps.

cheesy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 6:55am On Jan 14, 2023
Obere4u:
Please anyone know the price of Redmi Note 9 motherboard

What happened to the device?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Obere4u: 10:17am On Jan 14, 2023
genius43:

What happened to the device?

Suddenly stopped charging nor powering on. Took it to a technician, now whenever I clipped the battery, the motherboard will become very hot, the phone won't still power on
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Obere4u:

Suddenly stopped charging nor powering on. Took it to a technician, now whenever I clipped the battery, the motherboard will become very hot, the phone won't still power on

Okay. Might be a power IC issue or the board itself. Anyway your best bet for motherboard is AliExpress
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Obere4u: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
genius43:

Okay. Might be a power IC issue or the board itself. Anyway your best bet for motherboard is AliExpress

Okay. I have not bought anything on Ali express, don't know how to go about it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2023
Reddington:

Lmao!!!! Your reply to him didn't even age well self. Custom ROM flashing ehnnn.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2023
olayinkajnr:

Lmao!!!! Your reply to him didn't even age well self. Custom ROM flashing ehnnn.

Every traveller must surely come home. Even when such devices no longer have support, the default ROM is always best, but I can be wrong oh grin grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
saint2ace:

Every traveller must surely come home. Even when such devices no longer have support, the default ROM is always best, but I can be wrong oh grin grin

You are not wrong
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jacobx007: 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
saint2ace:

The day I stopped all these custom rom flashing was the day I found peace.
It got to a point I could no longer use Firstbank mobile app cos I have exceeded the device limit, I went to the bank and the customer care agent was shocked, he said I changed devices 69 times.
He didn't know it's not a change of device but flashing several roms.

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jacobx007:

The day I stopped all these custom rom flashing was the day I found peace.
It got to a point I could no longer use Firstbank mobile app cos I have exceeded the device limit, I went to the bank and the customer care agent was shocked, he said I changed devices 69 times.
He didn't know it's not a change of device but flashing several roms.

Jesu.... Thank God I no do reach that level. Flashing 69 times?, I salute you my oga grin grin

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jacobx007: 12:29am On Jan 16, 2023
saint2ace:

Jesu.... Thank God I no do reach that level. Flashing 69 times?, I salute you my oga grin grin
All custom ROMs have one bug or the other, some are hidden until you eventually discover them.
So if you don't have the time and data to burn, just stick to stock rom.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Victorvibes(m): 10:05am On Jan 20, 2023
Please I want to root my redmi note 10s for optimum performance, how do I go about it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by pablobellins(m): 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
Any idea where I can get a mi 9 screen and back glass?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:46am On Jan 21, 2023
Victorvibes:
Please I want to root my redmi note 10s for optimum performance, how do I go about it?

What do you mean by root?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Emmako007(m): 6:27am On Jan 30, 2023
ExtraUniqueGuy:

Has your camera started working?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Emmako007(m): 6:48am On Jan 30, 2023
@genius43
I bought an 18watt charger for my RN9S, it was charging very fast not until the phone fell down. When it did, it stopped fast charging, now it takes 6+ hours to fully charge to 100%. Please what do I do?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 6:54am On Jan 30, 2023
Emmako007:
@genius43
I bought an 18watt charger for my RN9S, it was charging very fast not until the phone fell down. When it did, it stopped fast charging, now it takes 6+ hours to fully charge to 100%. Please what do I do?

Have you tried other chargers and USB Cables and got same results?

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.