Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,489 members, 7,850,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? (30685 Views)

Have You Eaten Guinea Fowl Meat Before? Does It Taste Better Than Chicken? / Mob Nearly Lynched Lady Seen Sharing Meat To Children In Accra (Video) / Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by okwabayi(m): 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
scholes0:
cook it over firewood.

The secret is smoke from burnt wood penetrating the meal, which release phenols and other aromatic hydrocarbons - which is the "special taste" which you actually smell and taste when eating the popular party meals.
I don't get how they claim they are good cooks but can never smell the firewood in the cooking.
I don't cook but I found this out when reading an article about South African meals. I know I would've guessed it eventually especially since I know the taste difference between charcoal cooked suya and firewood cooked one.
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Joshater(m): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
If no be party meat, e no fit be like party meat.. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Hidohwuh: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnyzee:
Good question... And how to cook jollof dat will taste like wedding jollof too
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by brenister10: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
How did nairaland got here sef? Who's the MOD that pushed this to the front page. He needs to be thoroughly beaten

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by scholes0(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
Pangea:

Haba!
Is your name Linus �
What kind of bullshit is that?

Get yourself some quality education.
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by PreciousBro: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
wayne4loan:
Oga upon all the whole problem when dey this country, your own problem na party meat shocked
lol Oga help me ask the confusionist.
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Oluwaseyi00:
Have you ever wondered why you'll have food at home and prefer to eat party food?? cheesy
Lol

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by ogtavia(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
Emmy2009:
I'm good at cooking or should i say i dey try. But no matter how i try to fry my beef it doesnt actually taste like the fried beef shared in ceremonies like burial and marriage. Please is there a special something added to the meat or is there a procedure i am not following.

Boil your meat with seasoning i.e curry, thyme, scent leaves( if you like). Then fry it with a quality brand of vegetable oil. Afterwards, prepare a tasty tomato sauce, pour and stir the fried meat in it. Then leave it to soak...Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by SporaD8: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnyzee:
Good question... And how to cook jollof dat will taste like wedding jollof too
See her mouth like wedding jollof. So house-warming, burial, naming ceremony and other occasions' jollof taste differently?
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by AreaFada2: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
Lol. Recession and Buhari economy nor reach where some people dey. Na taste of party meat be their headache. shocked

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Fimidaraire: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
raobiisstores:
This is one of the ingredients used!

Eureka!!!
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Bluepeach(f): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
Use enough thyme, onions, any stock cube to boil. Taste it to be sure its tasty enough. Salt should be the last thing to add after a long boil. Reason: salt blocks the pores on the meat, thereby preventing the absorption of the ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by masks(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
Boil with sachet or tin tomatoes paste mixed with spices. Then fry (deep) That's it

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Koolking(m): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
Emmy2009:
I'm good at cooking or should i say i dey try. But no matter how i try to fry my beef it doesnt actually taste like the fried beef shared in ceremonies like burial and marriage. Please is there a special something added to the meat or is there a procedure i am not following.

Another funny post.

Op is a good cook by personal standard.

I bet op, you cannot cook. There is no way frying meat - party standard would elude you.

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by kongolo(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
nwanna89:
Use less water when boiling the meat and a lot of spice especially garlic and ginger. Then deep fry. Spicing the meat overnight will also help the taste enter well well
This is good.My method is to soak the meat overnight in water containing various spices,sieve out the excess water in the morning and fry the meat.Delicious!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Bizibi(m): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
mysteriousman:
The right amount of seasoning will get you that but it all depends on how you want it to taste. I think knor/ Rayco will be fine, a bit of curry, thyme, nutmeg, onions and ginger in the mix can give you that good taste don't forget to add the right quantity of salt. You can thank me later
especially royco.....
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by mynamewilfred(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
Just try the correct seasonings and cook over firewood.
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by mechanics(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hahahaha, must you eat the type of party meat? manage the way you cook your own.
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2018
SporaD8:

See her mouth like wedding jollof. So house-warming, burial, naming ceremony and other occasions' jollof taste differently?
Wedding jollof tastes differently jor... Especially youruba wedding jollof.

Something between total perfection nd being slightly burnt #wink
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by lizakon001(f): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
Use enough seasoning. Cut in into nice shape, you will have the party taste
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Rbae: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
Season with onions, garlic, ginger, curry and knorr chicken cubes. Then deep fry, make sure its dry.... Very dry.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Okewa(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
Emmanueleyo:
Soak it in fuel for 24 hours then fry it. grin
chain...are sure you typed this from your brain?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Omoarukheo(f): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Afam4eva:
I was gonna ask the same about cooking jollof rice to taste like Party jollof rice. Like, what do the do?

All you need is enough onions, some bay leaves and white pepper
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by akigbemaru: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
wayne4loan:
Oga upon all the whole problem when dey this country, your own problem na party meat shocked

Siberian tiger
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Sonamjs: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
brenister10:
How did nairaland got here sef? Who's the MOD that pushed this to the front page. He needs to be thoroughly beaten

Totally agree...front page has become ...
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by wayne4loan: 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
akigbemaru:

Siberian tiger
yap.. Natgoe wild things cheesy
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
To get the real party fried meat,you need to buy a cow,slaughter it,season the meat n fry in deep oil.
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by enemyofprogress: 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnyzee:
You be enemy of progress grin
I'm the best biology teacher in your neighborhood
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
buy meat call many people to involve in frying it with u
fry it under a rented canopy or tent
thank me later
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by lastclaire4(f): 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
Emmy2009:

You have to consider the kind of meat. The meat must fresh. My advice is to go to the market early you will get fresh one.

As per boiling, if you can, grate the onions instead of chopping it. Then use curry, thyme I prefer ducros products for this. Then use garlic, Bayleave, ginger and nutmeg.

When frying, cut a large portion of onion. You can just divide the onion into two and put one big half in the oil. As the meat is being fried, the onion shrinks and this makes the meat have a better aroma and taste.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by alBHAGDADI: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
If you want your food to taste like a party food, just throw a party then cook your food. What you'll get is a party food.
Re: How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I'm the best biology teacher in your neighborhood
My neighbourhood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods / Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada / Help! I Can't Stop Drinking Tin Milk Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.