Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

"My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding (47622 Views)

I Walked In On My Parents Having Sex, Now I Feel So Embarrassed. / Mother Walks Her Daughter Down The Aisle: Vivienne Ikechi Ajoku Explains Why / Mother Of 4 Remarries, Walks Down The Aisle By Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
tintingz:
All these are irrelevant, it's more like you're pulling strawman.

There's already a consensus agreement between her and the family, she has every right to announce whatever she wants, does feminism have rules and regulations? Is it an organized group? I'm not a feminist, but I'm a Secular-libral person, even if there is no consensus between her and the family, she still has the right to announce it. I can come out on social media and said bride price is meaningless and I'm not practicing it, do I need any approval from anyone? Whatever happens between me and my family is my problem not anyone else.

it's not under criminal offense.

criticism is allowed but insisting she has no need to announce it is irrelevant

God bless you man.

1 Like

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Fawklicant: 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
pocohantas:
Honestly, this girl must be very troublesome and arrogant.
Daddy issues?

What next? She'll say she won't take up her husband's name.

Or she isn't going to move into his house, THEY BOUGHT A NEW HOME/HOUSE.

At first I thought she was a bit normal, but right now, I can only pity the young man that's her husband.

It is bad to have a wife [or spouse] who thinks she is in competition with you. It is even worse when you have a WIFE, who goes about running her mouth on cyberspace, telling the world that she makes the rules as she goes.

Chai! This girl will soon collect the guy's prick [which would be only thing left of his manhood] and keep in her fireproof box. O ma se o!

I thought you supported her on the other kneeling down thread, now you know better.
She clearly has Daddy issues and the husband will be completely emasculated.

To all those liking pocohantas' post, I'm watching in 3D. Many people have made more sense than this her post. I don't see y'all liking them. Woman wrapper dem!

2 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Fawklicant: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
pocohantas:
Daddy issues?

At first I thought she was a bit normal, but right now, I can only pity the young man that's her husband.

It is bad to have a wife [or spouse] who thinks she is in competition with you. It is even worse when you have a WIFE, who goes about running her mouth on cyberspace, telling the world that she makes the rules as she goes.

Chai! This girl will soon collect the guy's prick [which would be only thing left of his manhood] and keep in her fireproof box. O ma se o!

I thought you supported her on the other kneeling down thread, now you know better.

To all those liking pocohantas' post, I'm watching in 3D. Many people have made more sense than this her post. I don't see y'all liking them. Woman wrapper dem! tongue

2 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Daeylar(f): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
tintingz:
Lol, why are people condemning the lady just because she didn't kneel down? Does kneeling down change the economy or bring food to the table?

Nigeria my country. grin

Our dear own father land grin grin

They are all pained grin
Painment everywhere.
Useless misogynists (male and female) are just angry because their misogyny is being challenged. They have this useless view of women and no woman should dare step outside it,

Not only did this woman find a man she loves and wants to marry. She and the man share similar views.
They got married in the way she and her man approved of, (family and villagers all approved) they are now chilling in their home enjoying their honeymoon (just saw on Twitter that she has been married over a year) and married life.

Yet people are vexing, and for what? Why is it paining them?

All she did was tweet about how the wedding was.
Now she just answered a question about who walked her down the isle
Just because it wasn't in accordance to what the misogynists expect.

Now they are angry, they want to silence her. grin

Why did she tweet that, why did she tweet this.
she must be this and that, trying to project their nonsense on the innocent lady.
How dare she speak grin she should have kept it to herself, blah blah blah,

Useless misogynists.

Imagine trying to control what someone is tweeting with her own twitter handle again, grin grin

Lmao grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by tintingz(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Boss13:
The success of her marriage will depend on the tolerance level and compromise from the husband.
What most people don't understand is that, the lady might be very tolerant, good and respectful, she just find kneeling down not her thing and more like degrading her, she has right to protest it and since the family have no problem with it, I wonder why are people taking medicine for another person headache.

3 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by safarigirl(f): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
tintingz:
All these are irrelevant, it's more like you're pulling strawman.

There's already a consensus agreement between her and the family, she has every right to announce whatever she wants, does feminism have rules and regulations? Is it an organized group? I'm not a feminist, but I'm a Secular-libral person, even if there is no consensus between her and the family, she still has the right to announce it. I can come out on social media and said bride price is meaningless and I'm not practicing it, do I need any approval from anyone? Whatever happens between me and my family is my problem not anyone else.

it's not under criminal offense.

criticism is allowed but insisting she has no need to announce it is irrelevant
at least you know what 'need' means. I hope

She should keep announcing every stage of her marriage to strangers so that they can clap for her, since this generation has zero respect for anything.

3 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by agabaI23(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
wayne4loan:
The husband of this woman done marry trouble grin
Movie scene?
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
Daeylar:

They are all pained grin
Painment everywhere.
Useless misogynists are just angry because their misogyny is being challenged.

Not only did this woman find a man she loves and wants to marry. She and the man share similar views.
They got married in the way she and her man approved of, they are now chilling in their home enjoying their honeymoon and married life.

Why did she tweet that, she must be this and that, trying to project nonsense on the innocent lady.
How dare she speak grin

Imagine trying to control what someone is tweeting with her own twitter handle again grin grin

LMAO grin

Don't mind Nigerian misogynistic pigs who call themselves men and the dumb ladies who're trying to impress them.

As if kneeling down is an achievement.

1 Like

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by safarigirl(f): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
tintingz:
What most people don't understand is that, the lady might be very tolerant, good and respectful, she just find kneeling down not her thing and more like degrading her, she has right to protest it and since the family have no problem with it, I wonder why are people taking medicine for another person headache.
oh....you are not on Twitter.

That girl only proved she is mentally unwell. She is busy calling any guy that disagrees with her a rapist. The only thing she has proved is that she is mad. You people are getting half gist on Nairaland.

Go to Twitter and see your respectful and tolerant girl acting like a lunatic ontop other people's opinions. Dem don use her do nonsense there. The girl no well

4 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by victorian(f): 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
Anyways such lady cannot hide her character from her man. Her husband saw her, witnessed her bold character and sharp mouth before kneeling down and asking her : babe will u marry me?
I bet with tears running down his cheeks.
And she replied with haughty looks down at her husband, yes honey, I will.

And viola! He is married to her.

Husband no complain about her behavior, Nigerians are complaining worldwide about her character.. Isn't life wonderful? smiley

2 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by OBAGADAFFI: 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
safarigirl:

That girl only proved she is mentally unwell. She is busy calling any guy that disagrees with her a rapist. The only thing she has proved is that she is mad. You people are getting half gist on Nairaland.

Go to Twitter and see your respectful and tolerant girl acting like a lunatic ontop other people's opinions. Dem don use her do nonsense there. The girl no well

Frankly speaking, such people can be very toxic.

They are simply looking for validation and if they don't get it, they figth back.

What is the big deal about what she is doing or not doing at traditional wedding.

If she has problem submitting to man, she can totally ignore the Traditional marriage, and got white wedding.

1 Like

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by tintingz(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
Daeylar:

They are all pained grin
Painment everywhere.
Useless misogynists are just angry because their misogyny is being challenged.

They got married in the way she and her man approved of, they are now chilling in their home enjoying their honeymoon and married life.

Why did she tweet that, she must be this and that, trying to project nonsense on the innocent lady.
How dare she speak grin

Imagine trying to control what someone is tweeting with her own twitter handle again grin grin

LMAO grin
I tire ooo, I wonder what happens to freedom of speech/expression.

Criticism is allowed but it's more like it's irrelevant in this case, there are more important things people should worry about.

Culture should be something that evolve, changes with time just like our intellects, why do people always think culture must be some archaic practice and stuck to it, if she will be the courageous person to protest against the practice of kneeling down in weddings(both men and women), I will applaud her.

2 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by OBAGADAFFI: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
victorian:
Anyways such lady cannot hide her character from her man. Her husband saw her, witnessed her bold character and sharp mouth before kneeling down and asking her : babe will u marry me?
I bet with tears running down his cheeks.
And she replied with haughty looks down at her husband, yes honey, I will.

And viola! He is married to her.

Husband no complain about her behavior, Nigerians are complaining worldwide about her character.. Isn't life wonderful? smiley

Most people do this without much noise.

She simply needed some form of validation that is why she is busy twitting about it.

That's a known behavioral pattern.
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Bobbyrobby1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
Na her husband I pity sha, nobody know who b man of the house, I’m very sure it will become the other way round the man becomes the woman and the woman becomes the man, cos all these nonsense she is doing me ayamnothnderstanding well sha nor b my marriage
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by tintingz(m): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
safarigirl:

Lol, I don't think the guys only disagree with her, they were also insulting her, so what do you expect in resturn, turn the other cheek?

2 Likes

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by tintingz(m): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
Bobbyrobby1:
Na her husband I pity sha, nobody know who b man of the house, I’m very sure it will become the other way round the man becomes the woman and the woman becomes the man, cos all these nonsense she is doing me ayamnothnderstanding well sha nor b my marriage
This is fallacy!
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Harmvirus(f): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
When I thought i've seen it all. Smh �‍♂️
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by tintingz(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
safarigirl:
at least you know what 'need' means. I hope

She should keep announcing every stage of her marriage to strangers so that they can clap for her, since this generation has zero respect for anything.

Respect for what?

1 Like

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by tintingz(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Most people do this without much noise.

She simply needed some form of validation that is why she is busy twitting about it.

That's a known behavioral pattern.
Fallacy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by tintingz(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
Fawklicant:

To all those liking pocohantas' post, I'm watching in 3D. Many people have made more sense than this her post. I don't see y'all liking them. Woman wrapper dem! tongue
@Bolded, it's fallacy.

1 Like

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by pocohantas(f): 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Fawklicant:

To all those liking pocohantas' post, I'm watching in 3D. Many people have made more sense than this her post. I don't see y'all liking them. Woman wrapper dem!

I still do not have problem with her kneeling down tweet, but I believe it was borne out of reasons other than liberalism.

1 Like

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Daeylar(f): 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
tintingz:
I tire ooo, I wonder what happens to freedom of speech/expression.
Not allowed grin grin
Until she tweets something that will please the misogynists she should keep shut grin

Criticism is allowed but it's more like it's irrelevant in this case, there are more important things people should worry about.

Culture should be something that evolve, changes with time just like our intellects, why do people always think culture must be some archaic practice and stuck to it, if she will be the courageous person to protest against the practice of kneeling down in weddings(both men and women), I will applaud her.

Leave them.
She and her husband didn't want her to kneel, her family and his family didn't mind. The villagers didn't mind. They obviously didn't see that part of the culture as something so big.
Wedding carried on as planned, married and went home.
It is now nairàland and twitter culture keepers, that want to carry culture on their heads. They are now the ones who know the culture the most..

They would rather her and her husband be unhappy about an aspect of their culture, keep shut and die in their unhappiness while following the culture, than speak up and try to look for a better alternative as they did.

There is no problem with what she and her husband did but they've turned it into a big issue, attacking her, only her mind you, acting as if the husband is a baby that she controlled, and calling her names,
Leave them, let them be hiding their misogyny under "culture"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Ojiofor: 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
Typical Mentality of a Nigerian feminist.
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by delishpot: 12:09am On Aug 25, 2018
wayne4loan:
The husband of this woman done marry trouble grin

Why would you tag a man carrying his children as trouble? If he doesnt carry them is it you that will carry them for him? Shior. Its your type that dont bond with their children when they are young and then run to social media to post how children only care for their mom when they grow up.

I can see chewing gum boys foaming from their mouths all over this topic. Una want dictate wetin person go do on her own wedding join? Wait until you marry your own then make her roll on the floor while singing your praise. She has done what she wants if una no like am......
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Duru009(m): 12:15am On Aug 25, 2018
I pity the man that ended up with this one !
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by histemple: 12:24am On Aug 25, 2018
pocohantas:
Daddy issues?

I don't know this couple but I certainly don't see this marriage being sustained.
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:26am On Aug 25, 2018
HeWrites:
A new bride started an argument on Twitter after she revealed that she and her husband decided that she will not kneel on her traditional marriage day (read here ).

Now, she has revealed more and not everyone is happy.

Eniola said the decision to kneel was reached by her and her husband. Her husband's family also didn't have a problem with it. She especially had the support of her sister-in-law not to kneel. But Twitter users, mostly men, took up the case and bashed her for not respecting the culture.
Eniola has now revealed that, not only did she not kneel at her trad, she was also not given away by her father during her church wedding, but by her mother.

One Twitter user wrote;
"Lol if you have a problem with kneeling on your traditional wedding , you should pretty much be outraged about the idea of your dad walking you down the aisle . Cos it has a much more “ misogynistic “ meaning."

And the new bride replied;
"My mom walked me down the aisle. ?? I know someone who walked herself down the aisle because she said she was GIVING HERSELF to her partner. Stannnnnnn!!!!"

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9570/my-mom-walked-me-down-the-aisle-lady-who-avoided-kneeling-for-her-husband.html

But you can kneel while given head? I can see you have a family problem
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by imasong005(m): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2018
AutoC:

Stop talking nonsense. Culture is a weightier iSsue. People THT talk like you are kids and knows nothing. Culture is is your pride, your identity and should nt be thrown to the gutter.
How has culture better your life. People are talking about discoverings in science and technology, you are here carring culture on your head. I will see where it will lead you to. Culture my foot

1 Like

Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Chigold101(m): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2018
pocohantas:
Daddy issues?

Divorce loading...
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by DSDLIVEREPORT: 1:39am On Aug 25, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

Madam, judging from all the gibberish you have been sharing, it's obvious you come from a really dysfunctional family since you're making a huge show of degrading all the males in your life.

Totally wrapper up bro
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by isnovic(m): 1:52am On Aug 25, 2018
HeWrites:
A new bride started an argument on Twitter after she revealed that she and her husband decided that she will not kneel on her traditional marriage day (read here ).

Now, she has revealed more and not everyone is happy.

Eniola said the decision to kneel was reached by

her and her husband. Her husband's family also didn't have a problem with it. She especially had the support of her sister-in-law not to kneel. But Twitter users, mostly men, took up the case and bashed her for not respecting the culture.
Eniola has now revealed that, not only did she not kneel at her trad, she was also not given away by her father during her church wedding, but by her mother.

One Twitter user wrote;
"Lol if you have a problem with kneeling on your traditional wedding , you should pretty much be outraged about the idea of your dad walking you down the aisle . Cos it has a much more “ misogynistic “ meaning."

And the new bride replied;
"My mom walked me down the aisle. ?? I know someone who walked herself down the aisle because she said she was GIVING HERSELF to her partner. Stannnnnnn!!!!"

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9570/my-mom-walked-me-down-the-aisle-lady-who-avoided-kneeling-for-her-husband.html

They are simply no man in your family as well as the family of your husband, including your husband.
Your statement since your epic show of shame and crass elevation of self and celebration of foolery would have been reigned in by him or sent back home immediately the men in your life read your self acclaimed victory over them.
Re: "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 25, 2018
pocohantas:

The young man needs more than patience, more like ENDURANCE.
grin grin

Make we go change the guy's name to Endurance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Female Struggles Girls Go Through That Men Will Never Understand / I Am Not The Father Of My 3-Year-Old 'Son' - Nigerian Man Cries Out (Photos) / My Wife Is Having An Affair With Filling Station Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.