Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria (11933 Views)

FG Sets Up Border Protection Committee / DSS Beefs Up Headquarters Security Ahead Of #FreeSowore Protest Today / OPERATION STING: Governor Nyesom Wike Beefs Up Security In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Blue3k2: 8:10am On Aug 25, 2018
The Sahel state of Niger said Thursday it had sent security reinforcements to part of its border struggling with an influx of displaced people and criminals from neighbouring Nigeria.

The measures have been taken in the Maradi area on the southern-central part of the border, which abuts the northwestern Nigerian state of Zamfara.

“We are currently registering many refugees, whole families who are coming over,” Maradi Governor Zakari Oumarou told state television.

“We are (also) facing a new situation, of kidnappings for ransom.”

The “refugees” were mainly coming from Zamfara, he said, but did not give numbers or say why they were fleeing to Niger.

“We are in the process of focussing on security on our border. We have deployed plenty of units on the border and we will continue to do so.”

Oumara added: “We are going to continue to receive refugees, but there are bad people among them. So we will have to filter them, and we are doing that.”

Local communities should “take extreme care… and be vigilant,” he said.

Northeastern Nigeria is in the grip of a jihadist insurgency that has also spread into Niger, but cross-border problems from Zamfara, in the northwest, have typically been rare.

A Maradi resident told AFP that regions all along the border with Nigeria were now prone to cross-frontier crime, particular cattle theft by “armed Nigerian gangs.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/niger-beefs-up-border-watch-after-refugee-influx-from-nigeria/#disqus_thread

Front Page: Lalasticlala
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Shelumiel: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2018
Is Nigeria cursed ?

27 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2018
OUR SECURITY AGENCIES SHOULD BUCKLE UP NOW

3 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Tolexander: 8:24am On Aug 25, 2018
No be the same Niger, Nigerian government was telling us that the terrorists and herdsmen from Libya pass through to cause havoc in Nigeria.

Let them beef up the border to see if our security challenge will reduce. If there is no significant reduction, then our government is lying to us.

34 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Donald95(m): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2018

“We are currently registering many refugees, whole families who are coming over,” Maradi Governor Zakari Oumarou told state television.
The “refugees” were mainly coming from Zamfara, he said, but did not give numbers or say why they were fleeing to Niger.

This time 51 years ago,poor Peaceful Biafran citizens were running Helter skelter seeking refuge in Gabon and thankfully to God almighty we got it and today Gabon is blooming economically due to A Biafran president.

Just a few months ago,these northerners ran into niger to seek refuge from self inflicted terrorism despite having sai baba, they have already started dishing out crime like pizza

Please Niger shoot anyone that tries to cross over. they are Terrorist

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Arda1000(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2018
So people are fleeing from the so called gaint of african to Niger Rp,well Nigeria Shall be great again my great grand grand father said that too

5 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by uniqUN(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2018
First, it was Ghana teaching us what a "country" means , then from Nigerian flooding into Sudan to study medicine to Chad enjoying one year uninterrupted power supply (supplied to them by big brother, Nigeria) and then SA treating us like ordinary rodents on their farm. Not to mention Cameroon winning the Bakassi Basin from us through simple politicking. And now, Niger, "NIGER" that is even, say, half the spelling of NIGERIA, are forming Donald Trump/Mexico border wall on us now. Abeg, that man wey denounce him Nigerian citizenship yesterday, who get him number make e borrow me? I wan advice am cheesy

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by amaniro: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2018
If that poor and uncivilized nation dey beef up border grin

8 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Blue3k2: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2018
The refugees are fleeing to escape the banditry going on in the state. The current millitary opperations should reduce crime in Zamfara but the Katsina governor recently said the criminals are moving into his domain instead. The other interesting thing is cattke rustling and other sorts of crimes spiked as soon Nigerians starting trooping into niger as they claim. It goes to show that the most of the Nigerias crime is internal instead of.

A Maradi resident told AFP that regions all along the border with Nigeria were now prone to cross-frontier crime, particular cattle theft by “armed Nigerian gangs.”

Front page: Lalasticlala
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Donald95(m): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2018
amaniro:
If that poor and uncivilized nation dey beef up borther grin

At least they follow up decisions with actions.

The zoo president said that Fulani Herdsmen are outsiders but yet the Paedophile in Chief haven't gotten or proposed any measure to curtail their movement into your country

I get it, the child rapist is waiting for election to pass so that he can unleash his mayhem in full.

My happiness is that it's north against north while we south watch and sympathize

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 8:55am On Aug 25, 2018
amaniro:
If that poor and uncivilized nation dey beef up borther grin

But Nigeria is officially the poverty capital of the world in both numbers and percentage of Absolutely poor people and people so what's your point

8 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2018
Buhari has reduced Nigeria to a zero nation ...such a shame

12 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by EmekaMD(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2018
But Liar Mohammed said Nigeria is now peaceful and that we now throw away foods and electricity.

Does it mean he haa started with his lies again?

4 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by uniqUN(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2018
Donald95:

At least they follow up decisions with actions.

The zoo president said that Fulani Herdsmen are outsiders but yet the Paedophile in Chief haven't gotten or proposed any measure to curtail their movements
bros, abeg, i take God names beg you, if you have to quote me on national issues, abeg have the decency of being well-mannered with your choice of words atleast if not with your opinion. People like you do worse than Hitler if given councillor of a local government. If you get appointment now for CBN or FIRS you go begin sing your president and country praises.

5 Likes

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Omeokachie: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2018
But Buhari's APC said we now have best security ever.

I only pity N30k BMC who are mortgaging their future on the alter of their stomach.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2018
post=70589113:
OUR SECURITY AGENCIES SHOULD BUCKLE UP NOW
Bubu multi-PVC bois are dispersing...

1 Like

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Blue3k2: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2018
Lol also recall Nigeria wants a rail line connecting Mardi Niger to To Kano. They have more to be worried about than Nigeria.
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Hundredpopo: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2018
Imagine the nonsense
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2018
These ones are deceiving themselves... In fact most of the problems in this country are caused by the influx of these other neighbouring countries flocking into Nigeria because of our porous borders. Too many people from Benin, Chad, Niger and Cameroun living unchecked in Nigeria.

Some will even collect Nigerian passport since our immigration officers are only interested in making money. We now wonder why Nigeria is the way it is.

We are the ones bearing the burden of West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Samuelscott: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Donald95(m): 10:53am On Aug 25, 2018
uniqUN:

bros, abeg, i take God names beg you, if you have to quote me on national issues, abeg have the decency of being well-mannered with your choice of words atleast if not with your opinion. People like you do worse than Hitler if given councillor of a local government. If you get appointment now for CBN or FIRS you go begin sing your president and country praises.

I didn't quote you Oga

Lalasticlala Seun Dominique Front page material

1 Like

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Iceman2017(m): 10:53am On Aug 25, 2018
Even Niger republic don dey do shakara to us... That's what happen when clueless is in power

1 Like

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by OBAGADAFFI: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2018
What is the purpose of the Military operation in Zamfara if the citizens aren't safe

1 Like

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Eponyeeboz: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2018
Donald95:

This time 51 years poor Peaceful Biafran citizens were running Helter skelter seeking refuge in Gabon and thankfully to God almighty we got it and today Gabon is blooming economically due to A Biafran president.

Lmaooooo
Biafran President in Gabon?
Which Gabon? The one where Igbos are being set ablaze?
You can only fool wawa illiterates like you.

To clearly your foolishness, here are links to where Igbos are being maltreated, killed, set ablaze and being deported by Gabon.

Esther Ike, 37, who was returning with her four children, said they were subjected to harsh treatment through the six days journey. She said: “I traveled to Gabon in 2008 to join my husband along with my eldest daughter, Chisom. We reside in Libreville and my husband is a businessman. He owns a shop in Libreville and deals in foot wears. I had my three other children in Gabon.

The reason why my husband decided that we should come back home was that there is no good English school in Gabon. Besides, the ones available do not write WAEC. Also, the Gabonese immigration are not friendly with foreigners, particularly when it has to do with a Nigerian. I have seen cases where they would corner a foreign national, beat him up and dump him or her inside their cell, which can be described as a rat hole before sending them back to their country in the most dehumanizing nature. This and other reasons are why we decided to relocate back to Nigeria.

Andrew Sunday, who said he hails from Abia state said he traveled to Gabon about 17 years ago. “I am a welder and not a criminal like the Gabonese government would like to portray me. My International passport expired in January this year. I was arrested and kept behind bars for days before they finally decided to deport me.”
https://guardian.ng/news/nigerian-returnees-lament-gabon-ordeal/amp/

Igbos are crying for Shuku Obuko Eponmalu to come save them in Gabon and you're here typing nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2018
Lol, are they not the same people?niger, chad bornu, sokoto katsina etc.... no be dsame terror minded people?
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by BlackSpanner: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2018
Interesting times!!!

Nigerians as IDPs in Niger republic.

Giant of Africa lipsrsealed
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2018
It says a lot about your standing when countries like Niger are keeping your citizens out
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by islandmoon: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2018
they are registering their citizen in attempt to bring them into Nigeria as refugee, no Nigerian want to go to desert called Niger Republic
Re: Niger Beefs Up Border Watch After ‘refugee Influx’ From Nigeria by iykecicero: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2018
That’s what Buhari has turned his people into. He wants to turn the whole Nigeria into one giant refugee camp on the move. That’s why many Nigerians are escaping to Libya enroute to Europe. Buhari must be resisted at all cost.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara To Employ Ex-Bandits To Combat Killings And Kidnapping / The Eastern Region Series : The COR Movement / Tinubu Appoints El-Rufai Kaduna Campaign Coordinator, Senior Strategy Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.