Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC (48217 Views)

APC Reacts As Uduaghan Dumps Party For PDP / House Of Reps Member In Ekiti Defects To Apc,sends Letter To Gbajabiamila(photo) / Adams Jagaba Defects To PDP, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by kcmichael: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2018
*AMORI: His departure a political minus to Ibori political family
*OGBORU: He’ll be an asset to APC
*OJOUGBOH: PDP on its last legs in Delta with his exit

THE dumping of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for All Progressives Congress, APC, by former Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan came as a shocker to the members of powerful PDP family in the state, but for APC, which is awaiting his formal declaration, it was a welcome development.

Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan Delta state governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa and a circle of PDP leaders discussed the matter yesterday with circumspect, while strategists of the party have been directed to come up with novel ideas to stop APC from taking over the state as already speculated by the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

Some PDP stalwarts, who spoke to Saturday Vanguard expressed surprise that Senator Okowa allowed the strained relationship between him and his predecessor over the party’s 2015 governorship primaries to force him (Uduaghan) out of the party, saying that such a “colossal disaster” should not have been permitted to occur.

A member of the political family, Senator Ighoyota Amori, who is a Political Adviser to the National Chairman of PDP, told Saturday Vanguard: “It is unfortunate and very sad development.

For me, it is something that the Ibori political family which he belongs to never expected because we have heard so many discussions and if he finally does that, it is most regrettable.” His words: “What I can say is that what we as a political family cannot conquer, we endure, we live that to God, but we believe that we will live up to expectations.”

“We respect him as a member of the family from the very beginning, but if at these wee hours, he decides to jump ship and leave his political family, he is entitled to his political destiny.

However, I know as a family member that we did everything humanly possible to retain him in the political family. “There is nothing we can do than to allow him to chart his own political course if it is true that he has finally left the PDP for APC. That is all I can say for now,” he asserted.

Amori added: “I say that his exit is a political minus to the Ibori political family in Delta state, but the family definitely will live up to prospect, that is the truth.” According to him, “All we need to do is to change our gear and change our method and quickly readjust ourselves to close the gap. I believe that at the end of it all, the family will say that we are still very much at home.”

A leading APC governorship aspirant from Delta North senatorial district, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, told Saturday Vanguard: “It is a welcome development; I have been in the forefront of the move for Dr. Uduaghan to come over to the APC. I visited him severally to join the APC and told him unequivocally that he has no future in PDP.”

“His coming to APC is just a tip of the iceberg, many PDP stalwarts have told me that as soon as I secure the governorship ticket of APC by God’s grace, they will dump the PDP for our party because they believe in me. I have discussed with a wide range of them and they are waiting anxiously,” he said. Ojougboh, a former deputy national chairman of PDP, said: “PDP is finished in Delta state; they should just wait until we conclude our primaries.

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa will not know what hit him when I get APC governorship ticket, nobody can save him, and I can tell you that he is gone.” Successive governorship candidate, Chief Great Ogboru, popularly known as the “Peoples’ General” told one of our reporters: “I am sure you have heard before that in politics there is no permanent enemy, but permanent interest.

This is why we have to accept it as one of the realities and we must live with it. If he is actually coming, then the more the merrier and he would be a major asset for the APC in Delta state.” APC governorship candidate in the 2015 general election and leader of the party in the state, Olorogun O’Tega Emerhor, said: “It is a welcome development. Being a former governor of the state, he has a large followership, knows how to win elections and his joining us is a big plus meaning we now have the capacity to achieve our quit notice to PDP in Delta.”

Another APC chieftain, Olorogun Solomon Edojah, asserted: “It is a step in the right direction because the PDP is already going into extinction and Uduaghan is one of those that gave the party a lifeline in the state.” “I also commend him for ignoring all the forces that held him behind all this while from making this move because I believe with his political experience and sagacity for a turnaround in the APC, as he was the oxygen in which PDP in Delta has been surviving,” he stated.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/uduaghans-exit-shocks-pdp-apc-excited/amp/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by Blakjewelry(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2018
it was long expected

11 Likes

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by madridguy(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2018
PDP go soon enter coma of no return tongue

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by amaniro: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2018
The exit of an icon grin I mean a thieflipsrsealed

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by amaniro: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2018
APC right nowgrin

156 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by iamJ(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2018
sai baba for life, buhari going forward, no break light

pdp wouldnt know what hit them till after the landslide
[img]https://media./images/d4ed531ccc5fa7c9a1f62c0414dddae5/tenor.gif[/img]

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by engrsyer(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2018
Mtcheew next please

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by jared007: 11:33am On Aug 25, 2018
We shall use him to win Delta South and maybe dump him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2018
engrsyer:
Mtcheew next please
E pain am

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by jared007: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2018
Many Pdp guys over here are still living in denial till the godfather of Delta State politics defects too. The godfather's departure would fly over their heads while they are still chanting "Pdp is Delta and Delta is Pdp"

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by RevenGeMission: 11:54am On Aug 25, 2018
PDP on its dick

6 Likes

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by Paulfroshman: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
Wizkid & Babe Tiwa Savage Romantically Set Stage On Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBedLtYZbqQ
Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
I saw this coming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by mralabs(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
E
Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by xquire(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
really
Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by tommykiwi(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
It will not change anything, Baba is going back to Daura come 2019.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by asobo: 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
A heavyweight that was unable to secure a senatorial ticket even as incumbent governor is that one an asset. Most of his governor colleagues are in the senate presently.....Mtchwww

Asset ko, cassette née

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by oloyedayo(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
Transfer window never close?

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by midolian(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
Not again grin grin

Oh Lawwwwd!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by blazer2018: 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
PDP just dey leave their backyard opened dey allow APC dey rape them 4rm behind... grin

PDP is bn complacent... APC making serious inroad into d SS...they might not win it eventually but they sure wld hurt PDP badly in d region...i see d potential lost votes in NC bn recovered in SS.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by wristbangle: 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
Season of defection.
Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by omowolewa: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
And you say PMB is not going to win.

Let's just appeal to him to be fair in future dealings with Nigeria.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by fk001(m): 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
They never see something grin cheesy

Saraki na bad luck

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by deebsman1(m): 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
Handwriting clearly written on the wall Bukola Saraki and his cohorts including Secondus and Wike won't understands.
APC pass them politically anytime anyday....not by buying media or social media rantings

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by obailala(m): 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
Once politicians lose control of their structure, they decamp.

5 Likes

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by ObservantFellow: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Uduaghan.. Even you? shocked

Well, it's a pity Delta State was out of your hands before now undecided

4 Likes

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
9ja politicians undecided mtcheeeewww

According to Erigga

"Dem get weight? Dem light pass ashawo curtain"

3 Likes

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by ThugBoy(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Association of Past Criminal, ask Uduagha weytin he do for Delta State shameless punk later you go con dey chat PDP this PDP that

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by bluefilm: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
The exchange rate as of today is:

1 APC = 10000 PDP

PDP has continued to crash. wink

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Born again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Nigerians To Aisha Buhari: China Hangs Corrupt Politicians / Ojota Protest: Lauretta Onochie Won't Join Protest Against Fuel Price Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.