Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? (19629 Views)

Please Help My Palm Is Strong, It Makes Me Feel Shy When Shaking Hands / What Diseases Can Moringa Cure And Prevent? / Why Are My Hands Shaking For No Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2018
Most of us have the habit of shaking hands when we meet someone new. And when you are with friends, you would love to give a high-five whenever you feel thrilled.Actually, indians are accustomed to fold hands when they have to greet someone. And now, researchers say that folding hands is much healthier than shaking hands?
Diseases that spread from shaking hands

Diseases that spread from shaking hands are:

1.A new study now warns against shaking hands. A handshake is a good gesture when you meet someone new. But it could turn into a health hazard, say researchers.

2.A new study now warns against shaking hands! Well, a handshake is a good gesture when you meet someone new. But it could turn into a health hazard, say researchers.

3.We all know how much the world health organisation stresses on washing hands and maintaining hand hygiene. In fact, statistics claim that maintaining hand hygiene could prevent a percentage of diarrhoeal deaths every year.

4.Again a survey reveals that a majority of people do not spend enough time washing their hands thoroughly after touching dirty objects, after toilet, after nose picking, after sneezing, cooking or using public transport.

5.A dirty hand is a carrier of many types of microbes which can get transferred to others during a handshake. Yes, even salmonella can be transferred through a handshake.

6.What else can dirty hands do? Cold, flu, chicken pox and a lot of other infections can start off from a simple hand shake especially if the hands of the other person contain disease-causing microbes.

7.When researchers randomly walked into a local train and chose volunteers for a hand-swab test, they realised that 20% of them had fecal bacteria on their hands! Of course, it doesn't mean that they will all spread infections. Some microbes survive for long whereas some die or become incapable of causing infections. It all depends upon various factors.

8.Apart from handshakes, what else could spread infections? Well, touching your friend's mobile phone! Even they carry lots of bugs that can potentially harm your health. Anyway, it all boils down to keeping your hands clean and reducing handshakes.

These are the diseases that can be spread from shaking hands.

http://www.scandalnigeria.com/2018/08/25/what-diseases-can-you-get-from-shaking-hands/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by TaLLeRBaLLeR(m): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
good
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
Thanks for the info.

Shake me.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
Personally, I dislike shaking hands. Some people use bare hands to wash their butts after using the rest room. Some pick their noses with their fingers. And many of these people do not wash their hands after.

21 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
Izognok:
Personally, I dislike shaking hands. Some people use bare hands to wash their butts after using the rest room. Some pick their noses with their fingers. And many of these people do not wash their hands after.

I use my bare hands to wash my anus after shaiting and of cos I pick my nose with my fingers.

What else do people use in picking their noses

60 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
Izognok:

after scratching your balls

4 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by pyrex23(m): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
grin
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by divinelove(m): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
cheesy

Its our culture n it's unavoidable especially to your close associates

1 Like

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
Seun abeq epp me warn your Error 502 angry

I don even forgeh weytin I won tok sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by hopefulLandlord: 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
Bullsheet!

exposing the body to bacteria from others would give your body better bacterial resistance which would make you fall sick less than those that avoid bacteria

there's a reason eugenics favour the poorer people than the rich. body of poorer kids can withstand things that would kill a rich kid

6 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by godunia(m): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
God has designed our system such that handshake hardly cause any problem. If you follow all these report, you will be afraid to eat self...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by sacajawea: 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Bullsheet!

exposing the body to bacteria from others would give your body better bacterial resistance which would
Bullsheewt? So everything in the Write up is nonsense?
Guy take am easy oh
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Nawteemaxie(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

I use my bare hands to wash my anus after shaiting and of cos I pick my nose with my fingers.

Ask am.

3 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by meobizy(f): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
Indians are frustrated people who one should avoid their ways. I’m sure they’ll act less aggressive to themselves and others if they start shaking hands.
I’ve caught the flu twice from shaking hands but meh, it is a more intimate action than the namaste gesture.

1 Like

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by tunary(m): 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
All this one na story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by drpips1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ask Martins in this funny clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgA3RoY2qwI

6 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Bamss1: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

turning stick.

2 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by ikorodureporta: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
..i 'l b bak........

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by dingbang(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
I guess I will start waving..
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by saintol(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2018
You people have come again o, you don't want us to be shaking hands again. We should now be doing Tuwaale.
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by ikeno(m): 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
handkerchief, tissue paper. must you use your bare hands to pick your nose
undecided

1 Like

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by SeniorZato(m): 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ebola
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by HajimeSaito(m): 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
Don't shake hands with gays, prostitutes, street sweepers, toilet cleaners and medical lab technicians who handle dangerous chemicals.
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by yvelchstores(f): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2018
It's simple, GET A HAND SANITIZER and carry it in your pocket if u are such a germophobe. IT'S AFFORDABLE AND LASTS.

3 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by hot1sauce(m): 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
naija guys shey u've heard! it's not pride some of us just care when we restrict sh*t to how far
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by ikorodureporta: 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
Dnt hold money. Always wash yr phone cheesy avoid cucumber & vaseline crew

1 Like

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by kennyclassic: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Fist bump sure pass... Chop knuckle
Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by sureheaven(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2018
I can contact hernia, headache, catarrh, goiter, hunchback, bubonic plague, toilet infections and HIV/AIDS thru handshakes...... grin grin

Radarada oshi, if diseases can be contacted thru handshakes, most of us would have died before now.

2 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by dominique(f): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
drpips1:
Ask Martins in this funny clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgA3RoY2qwI

I remember this scene grin. If only we knew where most hands we shake have been ehn!

1 Like

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Dearlord(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
That's why I love France, we only hug and kiss

1 Like

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by sinaj(f): 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

toothpick cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Diseases Can You Get From Shaking Hands ?? by Verifiability(m): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
... ain't no ways Niggers ain't gonna shake hands! Diseases come and go! No be today Nyansh don dey back.

Need accounting and other related services for your small business? Check my signature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Midlife Crisis: Am I Slowly Becoming Addicted To Alcohol? / 5 Ways To Avoid Razor Bumps / COVID-19: Enugu Begins Decontamination Of Court Premises, Fuel Stations, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.