Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

The Social Investment Scheme By Buhari: A Blessing And Not A Propaganda. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Social Investment Scheme By Buhari: A Blessing And Not A Propaganda. (364 Views)

EFCC Detains Social Investment Scheme Coordinator, Halima Shehu / Reno Omokri Says AriseTV Is A 'Propaganda Machine' / N500bn Social Investment Scheme Has Failed In North –aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Social Investment Scheme By Buhari: A Blessing And Not A Propaganda. by lordtosan(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
The APC social investment scheme: Vote buying? Propaganda? Too small a cash? Misplaced priority? More Jobs should be created instead?

I really do not know how you see this first ever social investment scheme that is to run for 2 years under APC after over 20 years. I really do not. I can only tell you how I see it while you are entitled to your own perspective and opinion.

I see old and feeble folks whose financial burden is being lifted a bit though not entirely. I see old folks who have never been catered for by any Nigeria government in the past 20 years, getting their first social package as aged citizens of Nigeria. I see old folks who might not have worked in a government institution and not enjoying retirement benefits, getting a token of their first share of the social scheme for the old. The cash may seem quite smidgen to get them through even a week in the estimation of most of us in the city, but you have no idea the little #5000 can do for the old living in our rural areas where most of them grow their food than buy them as we do. It is better than nothing!
Some of us saying government should create more jobs and stop this are either inherently callous and wicked or are taking a course in witchcraft in one the South African Universities where the study of witchcraft has been recently approved. While creation of jobs is a must-do, it is entirely different from social scheme. Kindly get that right. Even in the U.S where unemployment rate is comparatively low, the U.S government still doles out various social packages for the old to help them slog through. While the government must create more jobs, should the old folks be neglected to starve? The old folks cannot and should not be brook to work even if there are many jobs opportunities. Hence, the importance of welfare/social scheme for them. And, this scheme though not ample and sufficient enough, is a sure positive harbinger for greater things to come for Nigeria in terms of welfare and social schemes.

You might say "abegi, leave that thing guy! na propaganda or advance buying of vote." Sir, the beneficiaries of this scheme care less provided this scheme can be sustained and expanded to cover virtually all parts of Nigeria while the propaganda last. Isn't it shameful that for over 16 years of PDP leadership, not one PDP president ever came up with this propaganda idea to feed the poor and aged but rather stashed money away in various foreign and personal accounts? Better a propaganda that will take care of the old than nothing!

Having pointed those out, I want to call on some of the top APC members who are reading this to prevail on the government not to stop at just sharing 5k to the old folks suffering in our villages. The social scheme should please be expanded to include the following for the old

1). Medical aid i.e free medical service via a health insurance scheme even for those who didn't work on any white collar or government gig.

2). Public housing for the old folks who are living in decrepit mud houses and

3). Monthly food stamps.

These will go a long way to improve the quality of their lives.

I believe with little but consistent steps as this social scheme, Nigeria will be great again!

God bless APC!
God bless Nigeria!

A concerned and passionate Nigerian.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Social Investment Scheme By Buhari: A Blessing And Not A Propaganda. by Nackzy: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
Nice one
Re: The Social Investment Scheme By Buhari: A Blessing And Not A Propaganda. by EngrXrix(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2018
lordtosan:
The APC social investment scheme: Vote buying? Propaganda? Too small a cash? Misplaced priority? More Jobs should be created instead?

I really do not know how you see this first ever social investment scheme that is to run for 2 years under APC after over 20 years. I really do not. I can only tell you how I see it while you are entitled to your own perspective and opinion.

I see old and feeble folks whose financial burden is being lifted a bit though not entirely. I see old folks who have never been catered for by any Nigeria government in the past 20 years, getting their first social package as aged citizens of Nigeria. I see old folks who might not have worked in a government institution and not enjoying retirement benefits, getting a token of their first share of the social scheme for the old. The cash may seem quite smidgen to get them through even a week in the estimation of most of us in the city, but you have no idea the little #5000 can do for the old living in our rural areas where most of them grow their food than buy them as we do. It is better than nothing!
Some of us saying government should create more jobs and stop this are either inherently callous and wicked or are taking a course in witchcraft in one the South African Universities where the study of witchcraft has been recently approved. While creation of jobs is a must-do, it is entirely different from social scheme. Kindly get that right. Even in the U.S where unemployment rate is comparatively low, the U.S government still doles out various social packages for the old to help them slog through. While the government must create more jobs, should the old folks be neglected to starve? The old folks cannot and should not be brook to work even if there are many jobs opportunities. Hence, the importance of welfare/social scheme for them. And, this scheme though not ample and sufficient enough, is a sure positive harbinger for greater things to come for Nigeria in terms of welfare and social schemes.

You might say "abegi, leave that thing guy! na propaganda or advance buying of vote." Sir, the beneficiaries of this scheme care less provided this scheme can be sustained and expanded to cover virtually all parts of Nigeria while the propaganda last. Isn't it shameful that for over 16 years of PDP leadership, not one PDP president ever came up with this propaganda idea to feed the poor and aged but rather stashed money away in various foreign and personal accounts? Better a propaganda that will take care of the old than nothing!

Having pointed those out, I want to call on some of the top APC members who are reading this to prevail on the government not to stop at just sharing 5k to the old folks suffering in our villages. The social scheme should please be expanded to include the following for the old

1). Medical aid i.e free medical service via a health insurance scheme even for those who didn't work on any white collar or government gig.

2). Public housing for the old folks who are living in decrepit mud houses and

3). Monthly food stamps.

These will go a long way to improve the quality of their lives.

I believe with little but consistent steps as this social scheme, Nigeria will be great again!

God bless APC!
God bless Nigeria!

E. Paul
A concerned and passionate Nigerian.

AND THEY ARE TELLING US BUHARI WON'T WIN 2ND TENURE?
UP APC ABEG.
THIS IS WHAT THE REAL SHARE THE MONEY IS.
NOT THAT PDP SHARE THE MONEY SCAM THEY WERE DOING .
IN FACT I MUST COLLECT MY PVC. I NEED TO MAKE SURE BUHARI WINS A 2ND TENURE.

SAI BABA!

PS. I'M NOT IN ANY PARTY, I'M JUST EDUCATED.

1 Like

Re: The Social Investment Scheme By Buhari: A Blessing And Not A Propaganda. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
The piece above is very apt and scrutiny put.

Every reasonable person must commend the PMB led government for bringing into the limelight, on the nationwide scale, a befitting, far reaching welfare for the extreme poor and old folks.

On the other thread, some minions postulated that the money is geared toward bribing for election purposes. There is no justification for their claim because primarily, the Swiss Govt that releases this money to Nigeria Govt emphatically agreed that the looted fund must be redirected to the welfare of the people. And PMB Govt have fulfilled his other part. With close monitoring, we can ensure that this money gets to the PEOPLE instead of the few rich.

I also saw some saying the money is too small. These people are very biased and not truthful. I mean they are either duly employed with six digit salary or they own business that earn them enough to cover their day to day expenses. These kind of people are not in touch with reality on ground. Maybe they should visit the market place and ask those petty traders what their stock worth.

How much stuck does those that hawk rubber, farm produce, pure water, exercise and sms books, small make up, bedspread, pampers and other petty trader have? How much does these guys think the prepared food hawk around cost? Majority of these things are gotten on credit and paid back after sales. We also have farmers among these beneficiaries who are going to buy fertilizer from this money.

There is this little secret among women in the market. The supplier give them stocks to hawk and sell. They add little price to these stocks as their gain and return the main cost to the owner of the stock. They collect almost anything and sell for you. Is it these people you are going to dash 5,000 to that will not appreciate it? In fact, they will make more money and establish little business to feed themselves with it.

If the previous Government have done something like this in the past, we would have gone past 5,000 as social welfare package. If they hadn't looted public fund, if they hadn't divert money meant for execution of a project which will benefit the masses. If they hadn't hoarded our benefits for their own personal gain, we wouldn't have been here today.

They said Nigeria has the number of poorest population in the world, let the Government give his poor citizen benefit and little social package. T

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Trump Reportedly Calls President Buhari “lifeless” / Buhari Allegedly Orders Police To Seal Eagles Square Ahead Of Kwankwaso’s Declar / Is Orji Uzor Kalu Gearing Up For A 2019 Senate Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.