Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449667 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cedarfarms: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
[quote author=Kingdemu post=110486471][/quote]

Boss wetin happen na.......
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
Cedarfarms:
Please advise needed btw an accord 2014 and a crv 2014 in terms of reliability, cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency and durability, thinking of getting Nigerian used......thanks!
2014 Honda Accord.

Its the better option.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tropaz(m): 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ford edge VS ML Benz of same year.
Please advice a brother.
Considerations; reliability, ruggedity, comfort. (It's obvious non is economical)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bobxin: 12:07am On Feb 25, 2022
2006 Toyota Camry & 2006 Toyota Matrix, which is good for UBER business?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 5:33am On Feb 25, 2022
Bobxin:
2006 Toyota Camry & 2006 Toyota Matrix, which is good for UBER business?

Matrix by far
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 6:56am On Feb 25, 2022
tropaz:
Ford edge VS ML Benz of same year.
Please advice a brother.
Considerations; reliability, ruggedity, comfort. (It's obvious non is economical)
1890?or what year exactly
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tropaz(m): 7:07am On Feb 25, 2022
OfficialDJ:

2010 and above please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 7:22am On Feb 25, 2022
tropaz:

2010 and above please
the merc trumps the Ford edge.
Reliability - ML
Ruggedness - ML
Comfort- ML

I wouldn't touch an 11 year old Ford car with a long pole considering the scarcity of mechanics who understands the car in, out.

The ML it is.

9 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tropaz(m): 7:24am On Feb 25, 2022
OfficialDJ:
the merc trumps the Ford edge.
Reliability - ML
Ruggedness - ML
Comfort- ML

I wouldn't touch an 11 years old Ford car with a long pole considering the scarcity of mechanics who understands the car in, out.

The ML it is.

Thanks boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Sparekey(m): 8:17am On Feb 25, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Good morning boss, I messaged you before you went offline.

Welcome
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dougthy(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
Good evening guys! I have been following this thread for a while and I have learnt a lot. I want ask for reviews/opinions on Mitsubishi Outlander and the best model/year. Thanks.

Nurey
OfficialDJ
Kingreign
olumzzz
9icetoo
HeavenlyBang
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
Dougthy:
Good evening guys! I have been following this thread for a while and I have learnt a lot. I want ask for reviews/opinions on Mitsubishi Outlander and the best model/year. Thanks.

I had a neighbor who used brand new unit of 07 upwards model year but that was years ago. They only opened the bonnet once to change the battery. But above all I believe it's a good vehicle from online reviews

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Itsrm(m): 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
nurey:

I had a neighbor who used brand new unit of 07 upwards model year but that was years ago. They only opened the bonnet once to change the battery. But above all I believe it's a good vehicle from online reviews

Neighbour using a hybrid highlander

nurey:

my neighbour uses this same vehicle his may even be 04 or 05 though bought as tokunbo. besides hybrids have battery indicator so easy to tell if the batteries are bad or not abi no be so

Your neighbour using a Ford escape

nurey:

solid car but parts are extremely expensive and watch out for rust. My neighbour uses one bought brandnew has a very bad maintenance culture and car still moving fine. His own is a 4 cylinder engine.

My verdict is you should buy it if it's within your budget range and use it judiciously not like a road rage vehicle

Another neighbour using an XC90

nurey:

There was a plastic pump issue my neighbour faced when his temp gauge was always on the high side, took a week to source and also diagnose the issues.

The XC90 is more of an offroader type of vehicle big with cargo space and reliable 8-11L/100km. its your choice.

There's no vehicle your neighbours don't use.

17 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
Itsrm:

Neighbour using a hybrid highlander

Your neighbour using a Ford escape

Another neighbour using an XC90

There's no vehicle your neighbours don't use.

Do you actually think I have driven all those vehicles I give advice of? I may have owned a couple of them but definitely not all of them. Best advice comes from user experience which can be neighbours, friends, colleagues, siblings, acquaintances.

I am also a very friendly guy so I know and interact with a lot of people.

16 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
nurey:

Do you actually think I have driven all those vehicles I give advice of? I may have owned a couple of them but definitely not all of them. Best advice comes from user experience which can be neighbours, friends, colleagues, siblings, acquaintances.

I am also a very friendly guy so I know and interact with a lot of people.
your 'neighbor' will soon drive the Tesla S plaid or its Cybertruck

11 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
OfficialDJ:
your 'neighbor' will soon drive the Tesla S plaid or its Cybertruck

Yes, it's not my fault I live in a wealthy neighborhood and I am doing well financially, if you focus more on your hustle, work on yourself and put your house in order, you may attain greatness slightly identical to mine.

13 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2022
nurey:

Yes, it's not my fault I live in a wealthy neighborhood and I am doing well financially, if you focus more on your hustle, work on yourself and put your house in order, you may attain greatness slightly identical to mine.
your perceived 'success' is probably my throwback...

I don't square up with d%cks.

10 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Always take advice and stop measuring dick on a faceless forum.

Nobody cares about your success, nobody is interested in your throwback, you first me get money no mean say you get dough pass me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by VJSMILESS: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
OfficialDJ:

damn grin grin grin

At throwback

6 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
nurey:

Always take advice and stop measuring dick on a faceless forum.

Nobody cares about your success, nobody is interested in your throwback, you first me get money no mean say you get dough pass me
at the bolded, I'm most certain I do.

Stop quoting folks here with fictitious 'neighbour' stories to sound authentic..

Ignored moving forward.

9 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
OfficialDJ:
at the bolded, I'm most certain I do.

Stop quoting folks here with fictitious 'neighbour' stories to sound authentic..

Ignored moving forward.

Good of you small boy, when you see your master, always backdown

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
nurey:

Good of you small boy, when you see your master, always backdown

Lol, you obviously have time this afternoon to exchange words with the number 1 loudmouthed emptyheaded name dropper in this section, whose wealth dwarfs Dangote's, but only online.

Just wait for his legion of alternate monikers to arrive and start quoting and liking his posts grin

Oh, one has already quoted him cheesy cheesy

So predictably unimaginative

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Gravatar:

Lol, you obviously have time this afternoon to exchange words with the number 1 loudmouthed emptyheaded name dropper in this section, whose wealth dwarfs Dangote's, but only online.

Just wait for his legion of alternate monikers to arrive and start quoting and liking his posts grin

Oh, one has already quoted him cheesy cheesy

So predictably unimaginative
My wealth that has been verified offline personally by some folks here,not this retarded clown who still drives his wife's jalopy contraption.

Afraid to be battered, shattered and thrown under the bus if you quote me?

All my CLAIMS have been documented here for all to see, and if you want more, ask, you albino dweeb.

You must really think I'd have the time to open alternate accounts to massage my ego against inconsequential and sad sad clowns, who masturbate under the whim of my mentions.

You're no longer a conquest, as I took you to the cleaners, and will continue to be the nemesis of foul-mouthed bullies in this section....

I've sanitized this section considerably, and the level of hate has gone down by a huge margin...

All hail KingDJ...

Anywhere I see any act of bullying by you fat-bellied riff-raffs in this section, prepare for war you hermaphrodite..

Quote me and watch me disjoint and decapitate your mental health with full-blown disses..

Gravatar, the gay gigolo, who's masked under the impression of marriage.

Quote me I dare you wink

9 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
OfficialDJ:
My wealth that has been verified offline personally by some folks here,not this retarded clown who still drives his wife's jalopy contraption.

All my CLAIMS have been documented here for all to see, and if you want more, ask, you albino dweeb.

You must really think I'd have the time to open alternate accounts to massage my ego against inconsequential and sad sad clowns, who masturbate under the whim of my mentions.

You're no longer a conquest, as I took you to the cleaners, and will continue to be the nemesis of foul-mouthed bullies in this section....

I've sanitized this section considerably, and the level of hate has gone down by a huge margin...

All hail KingDJ...

Anywhere I see any act of bullying by you fat-bellied riff-raffs in this section, prepare for war you hermaphrodite..

Quote me and watch me disjoint and decapitate your mental health with full-blown disses..

Quote me I dare you wink

If to say as person dey blow grammar he go blow for real life, your life for better pass this one.

But as yoruba would say, if slave becomes king, human being no go remain again. Online billionaire. Oshey grin

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2022
nurey:

If to say as person dey blow grammar he go blow for real life, your life for better pass this one.

But as yoruba would say, if slave becomes king, human being no go remain again. Online billionaire. Oshey grin
Ask for proof and I'd oblige you. Gladly. I've close pals from here I hangout.

[s]
The day I see you, you must buy me my favorite beer. A crate wink
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
OfficialDJ:

All hail KingDJ...

Quote me I dare you wink

cheesy grin

All these ones na just noise. I come on here for cruise now and then, unlike you I don't spend all my time online trying in vain to prove what a bad guy I am to online commenters.

Meanwhile the so called validation of "claims" you're claiming now, was done by another of your alternate monikers, but that's a story for another day wink

It makes me laugh whenever I see your posts trying so hard. But please don't stop, keep at it. Be my comic relief

It's like watching a baboon in a zoo play with a mobile phone cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
Gravatar:

cheesy grin

All these ones na just noise. I come on here for cruise now and then, unlike you I don't spend all my time online trying in vain to prove what a bad guy I am to online commenters.

Meanwhile the so called validation of "claims" you're claiming now, was done by another of your alternate monikers, but that's a story for another day wink

It makes me laugh whenever I see your posts trying so hard. But please don't stop, keep at it. Be my comic relief

It's like watching a baboon in a zoo play with a mobile phone cheesy
SHUT UP,and go wash your wife's panties or something.

I can mention a whole lot of people who I have met on here, and we've had a great myriad of fun times.

I'm no poser. Will never be, you dweeb...

Get the Bleep out of here, and go be a wife to your wife.

I'm certain you were married by her and not the other way round grin

This is MY ONLY moniker, and you're absolutely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things to make me open alternate usernames...
Eeeeew.

Your brain IQ must be similar to that of a feather, for you to conjure unintelligent, half baked meaningless sentences in a bid to form coherent...

Sad sad boy, and your life is a good reflection of the sorry state of Nigeria...

Gravatar, the K-legged albino gay gigolo with dementia and acute halitosis....

grin

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
Good evening guys

2014/15 4Runner vs 2014 /15 highlander vs 2012 gx460

I know the highlander is a durable car and all cos I’ve owned the first gen highlander and my wife currently uses a second gen. Considering the 4Runner and gx cos it won’t make sense having 2 highlanders

How does the 4Runner and the gx handle? Does the 4runner have 3 row seats?

Which drives the smoothest? Which retains value most? Which has more power?

Fuel and maintenance costs aren’t much of a consideration for me…

Thanks in advance

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Kingreign
9icetoo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 5:58am On Mar 06, 2022
lexini:
Good evening guys

I know the highlander is a durable car and all cos I’ve owned the first gen highlander and my wife currently uses a second gen. Considering the 4Runner and gx cos it won’t make sense having 2 highlanders

Thanks in advance

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Kingreign
9icetoo

4runner =GX just underneath the skin
It doesn’t have 3rd row, both are truck and have body on frame chassis so don’t expect any sportiness in them. They ride like a boat and a tank. No body talks about those trucks and talk about fuel economy or cheap maintenance. Let’s face it, they’re not cheap to own or maintain but neither would break your bank to maintain. I’d actually go for a GX cos it’s more refined and more powerful and larger.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 7:38am On Mar 06, 2022
lexini:
Good evening guys

Thanks in advance

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Kingreign
9icetoo
If fuel and maintenance cost isn't an issue, then go for the gx.
More luxury, power, torque and better gear ratio.
My opinion
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 7:41am On Mar 06, 2022
olumzzz:

If fuel and maintenance cost isn't an issue, then go for the gx.
More luxury, power, torque and better gear ratio.
My opinion
Op, you've got your answer in this post
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tobisunday(m): 7:58am On Mar 06, 2022
Good morning bosses in the house pls help with a car to choose.
I'm a first timer in the auto world a total novice
Which car can u recommend in terms of fuel economy, ruggedity, low cost of maintenance, availability and low cost of spare parts.

Pls note.. I will be using it for Uber also

My best option so far aside corolla is honda civic 06-08

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.