Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445028 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:42am On Feb 11, 2022
zed7:
What's your take on 2013 Acura TL

Good car. Enjoy.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olamlag(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hi, experts in the house, I will be getting a car as a first time car owner, I have a budget of 2.2m I need a reliable and fuel efficient car with cheap parts and cheaper to maintain, I will need some recommendations, I have done research on some cars like Toyota echo, Corolla, Almera tino but still not sure which one to go for and I will also love more suggestions, also love toyota Prius but I have no idea if it's good as a first car. thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olamlag:
Hi, experts in the house, I will be getting a car as a first time car owner, I have a budget of 2.2m I need a reliable and fuel efficient car with cheap parts and cheaper to maintain, I will need some recommendations, I have done research on some cars like Toyota echo, Corolla, Almera tino but still not sure which one to go for and I will also love more suggestions, also love toyota Prius but I have no idea if it's good as a first car. thanks.
well since you have focused your search on toyota products just get toyota bigdaddy 06.if you like small compact cars get a civic 05

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
drakeskull:

Nothing bad about that car if you can't afford the competition. Fuel efficient and rides comfortably

What about the availability of parts and cost of such repairs?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Peterlove11: 7:17am On Feb 15, 2022
Good Morning House.....I currently use an honda pilot 2008, its a reliable daily driver. Am considering getting crv 3rd generation. I discovered there are 2 engines 2.0l ivtec and 2.4l, which is better and why, or should I stick with Honda pilot. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Peterlove11:
Good Morning House.....I currently use an honda pilot 2008, its a reliable daily driver. Am considering getting crv 3rd generation. I discovered there are 2 engines 2.0l ivtec and 2.4l, which is better and why, or should I stick with Honda pilot. Thanks

2.4L is better more common and readily available

The 2.0 was fitted to 2012-15 civic, should be more expensive than the 2.4. Just guesssing
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ecalistus(m): 10:22am On Feb 15, 2022
Guys GLE350 2017/2018 vs RX350 2019/20 which is better?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by gaussian(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ecalistus:

These 2 Vehicles are top of the range Vehicles but it depends on what you need the SUV for, If you want just class and luxury, you go for the Benz....The RX350 is also packed with unbelievable luxury and has looks to keep heads spinning every where you go.
You can't go wrong with either one but I will personally choose the 19/20 RX350 for it's edge in reliability
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ecalistus(m): 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
gaussian:

These 2 Vehicles are top of the range Vehicles but it depends on what you need the SUV for, If you want just class and luxury, you go for the Benz....The RX350 is also packed with unbelievable luxury and has looks to keep heads spinning every where you go.
You can't go wrong with either one but I will personally choose the 19/20 RX350 for it's edge in reliability
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 6:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ecalistus:
GLE

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
OfficialDJ:
GLE
will be bias here also as a lover of Benz.. will go with GLE also bro.. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
dadabashua1:
will be bias here also as a lover of Benz.. will go with GLE also bro.. kiss
A bottle of your favourite liquor

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by SweetSoup(m): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good evening gurus. So after a long and careful observation, i am settling for Toyota Matrix 09 ahead of Corolla and Honda Civic of same year. I hope i am making the right choice?
Cc: Nurey, heavenlybang and other gurus in the house...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ecalistus:

I'd probably go with the RX, tbh. Everyone drives a GLE these days.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 10:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

RX is also common like pure water.

GLE is still more exclusive.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:48am On Feb 16, 2022
lagusboyyy:
RX is also common like pure water.

GLE is still more exclusive.

I see more GLEs than I see 2019 RXs, but ok.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2022
SweetSoup:
Good evening gurus. So after a long and careful observation, i am settling for Toyota Matrix 09 ahead of Corolla and Honda Civic of same year. I hope i am making the right choice?
Cc: and other gurus in the house...

Yes you are

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 9:35am On Feb 16, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

I see more GLEs than I see 2019 RXs, but ok.
Not many can differentiate model years..

All RX is RX to many..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2022
nurey:

Yes you are
So Matrix makes sense that Corolla, really nice info...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:13am On Feb 16, 2022
TrebleChamp:

Matrix is corolla and corolla is matrix

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2022
TrebleChamp:
honestly I will also take the 09 matrix over the 09 corolla,even though some seems to label the matrix a feminine ride,just felt the 03-08 corolla is more rugged than the 09-013 model,that just my personal opinion anyway.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 1:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
dadabashua1:
honestly I will also take the 09 matrix over the 09 corolla,even though some seems to label the matrix a feminine ride,just felt the 03-08 corolla is more rugged than the 09-013 model,that just my personal opinion anyway.

The body of 03-08 Matrix is stronger than the 09.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by SweetSoup(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
nurey:

Yes you are
Thank you sir...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ollykay619(m): 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Good day house, my car battery has pack up. I want to buy another one. Please i need recommendation on the brand with good quality that i should go for.

Thanks

Nurey
Heavenlybang
Kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Buchika: 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Good day gurus in the house, I settled for Toyota Highlander 04-07 after some research. But it seems a good foreign used one is above my budget of 3.3m. My question is which alternative in it's category can I go for considering Highlander's famed reliability, easy to maintain, ruggedness and high resale value.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

I bet you meant to say that everyone drives an ML350 upgraded to GLE

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaitoro(m): 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
Buchika:
Good day gurus in the house, I settled for Toyota Highlander 04-07 after some research. But it seems a good foreign used one is above my budget of 3.3m. My question is which alternative in it's category can I go for considering Highlander's famed reliability, easy to maintain, ruggedness and high resale value.

Cc:
Nurey
Heavenlybang
Kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2022
Philadelphia:

I bet you meant to say that everyone drives an ML350 upgraded to GLE

You get it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
ollykay619:
Good day house, my car battery has pack up. I want to buy another one. Please i need recommendation on the brand with good quality that i should go for.

Thanks

Go to the market and get recommendations. Though
Arnold
Everstat
Koba
As long as its Korea not China and bought from reputable shop

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Buchika:

Rav 4 though majorly has no 3rd row seat.

The remaining I did recommend are honda pilot and volvo XC90 though they are SUV not CUV like the highlander.

If 04 to 07 is above your budget try 2001 to 2003 highlander though or just buy a lexus RX300 and have rest of mind
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ollykay619(m): 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
nurey:

Go to the market and get recommendations. Though
Arnold
Everstat
Koba
As long as its Korea not China and bought from reputable shop

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by wilsonbuchi(m): 4:29am On Feb 17, 2022
Good morning, gurus.
I’m hoping to get a good car soonest but really finding it difficult making a choice.
It’s a personal car that can occasionally hit the road for Uber. I personally do not like the Corolla. The Camry (2010) would have been a better option but the interior is somewhat not enticing as that of the Lexus ES. The Lexus ES 330 is older (2006), with an eye catching interior. I’m yet to even make up my mind on the engine type that should serve more.
Lexus ES 330?
Toyota Camry 2010?
V4 or V6?

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.