Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,402 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449741 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thanks

kingreign:

4runner =GX just underneath the skin
It doesn’t have 3rd row, both are truck and have body on frame chassis so don’t expect any sportiness in them. They ride like a boat and a tank. No body talks about those trucks and talk about fuel economy or cheap maintenance. Let’s face it, they’re not cheap to own or maintain but neither would break your bank to maintain. I’d actually go for a GX cos it’s more refined and more powerful and larger.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thanks.

What’s gear ratio though?

olumzzz:

If fuel and maintenance cost isn't an issue, then go for the gx.
More luxury, power, torque and better gear ratio.
My opinion
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
lexini:
Good evening guys

2014/15 4Runner vs 2014 /15 highlander vs 2012 gx460

I know the highlander is a durable car and all cos I’ve owned the first gen highlander and my wife currently uses a second gen. Considering the 4Runner and gx cos it won’t make sense having 2 highlanders

How does the 4Runner and the gx handle? Does the 4runner have 3 row seats?

Which drives the smoothest? Which retains value most? Which has more power?

Fuel and maintenance costs aren’t much of a consideration for me…

Thanks in advance

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Kingreign
9icetoo

The gx460 drives smoothest, retains it's value and has the most power of the three.

So go for the gx460.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by PDonis(m): 12:38am On Mar 07, 2022
Hello Car Gurus,

I'm thinking of getting either a Toyota Avalon, Camry XLE (muscle), Lexus 300/330/350.

All either 2007/2008 models,
My budget is 2m-2.35m.

But I'll be using it for part-time Ehailing while using it as a personal ride... Which do you advise?

Please include Maintenance, fuel consumption, stability, reliability, durability, availability and spare parts etc.

Please I don't want any "Corolla" , Yaris, Kia suggestions and the like, I only want something within these 5.
Thank you all in advance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:07am On Mar 07, 2022
PDonis:
Hello Car Gurus,

I'm thinking of getting either a Toyota Avalon, Camry XLE (muscle), Lexus 300/330/350.

All either 2007/2008 models,
My budget is 2m-2.35m.

But I'll be using it for part-time Ehailing while using it as a personal ride... Which do you advise?

Please include Maintenance, fuel consumption, stability, reliability, durability, availability and spare parts etc.

Please I don't want any "Corolla" , Yaris, Kia suggestions and the like, I only want something within these 5.
Thank you all in advance.
get the camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by PDonis(m): 8:46am On Mar 07, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
get the camry

Alright, thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NoManDares: 10:19am On Mar 07, 2022
Good day fams, please I’m in a tie between 2014 q50 3.7L and the 2014 lexus gs 350. Please give me a cool one. I care about luxury, performance and cool ride �

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
Philedelphia
Other bosses (sorry if I didn't mention your name)[/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
lexini:
Good evening guys

2014/15 4Runner vs 2014 /15 highlander vs 2012 gx460

I know the highlander is a durable car and all cos I’ve owned the first gen highlander and my wife currently uses a second gen. Considering the 4Runner and gx cos it won’t make sense having 2 highlanders

How does the 4Runner and the gx handle? Does the 4runner have 3 row seats?

Which drives the smoothest? Which retains value most? Which has more power?

Fuel and maintenance costs aren’t much of a consideration for me…

Thanks in advance

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Kingreign
9icetoo

They're the same car underneath but I'd go with the GX. More luxurious.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
NoManDares:
Good day fams, please I’m in a tie between 2014 q50 3.7L and the 2014 lexus gs 350. Please give me a cool one. I care about luxury, performance and cool ride �

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
Philedelphia
Other bosses (sorry if I didn't mention your name)

I'd go with the Lexus. There's nothing wrong with the Q50, though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
Thanks man

HeavenlyBang:

They're the same car underneath but I'd go with the GX. More luxurious.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
Thanks man

9icetoo:

The gx460 drives smoothest, retains it's value and has the most power of the three.

So go for the gx460.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Digatron(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
Good day gurus in the house. I need advise on choosing an SUV. Budget is 3m to 3.5m
Key point: reliability, easy to maintain, RUGGEDNESS and high resale value.
Am having in mind lexus rx300 2003, Acura mdx 2006, Honda pilot 2006 but still open to any recommendation.

CC
Everyone
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
Digatron:
Good day gurus in the house. I need advise on choosing an SUV. Budget is 3m to 3.5m
Am having in mind lexus rx300 2003, Acura mdx 2006, Honda pilot 2006 but still open to any recommendation.

CC
Everyone
The Honda Pilot is also a good choice.

But for peace of mind,i recomend Toyota Highlander.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
Digatron:

CC
Everyone

1. Lexus RX300

3. Honda pilot

Leave the MDX though transmission brohaha
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Digatron:

CC
Everyone
pilot and rx300.very solid cars

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dougthy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
Good evening guys! I have been following this thread for a while and I have learnt a lot. I want ask for reviews/opinions on Mitsubishi Outlander and the best year. Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Elcapitan0: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2022
Hello house, i just want to seek a second opinion on these choice of cars. Which do you guys think is best?
2013 Crosstour
2009 Venza
2009 RX 350
I have a budget of 5.5 - 5.8m and while i don't fancy nigerian used cars, i know my budget cannot get me the venza or RX but i may likely get the Honda.
I am a sedan guy mostly and i still prefer sedan but my new area road is just manageable and not great hence these choices.
I like having plentythings to press in a car grin

CC Heavenlybang
Nurey
Et al
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Elcapitan0:
Hello house, i just want to seek a second opinion on these choice of cars. Which do you guys think is best?
2013 Crosstour
2009 Venza
2009 RX 350
I have a budget of 5.5 - 5.8m and while i don't fancy nigerian used cars, i know my budget cannot get me the venza or RX but i may likely get the Honda.
I am a sedan guy mostly and i still prefer sedan but my new area road is just manageable and not great hence these choices.

CC Heavenlybang
Nurey
Et al

I like the Crosstour. Comfortable, solid car. Cheaper than the Venza, too, so better value.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
Elcapitan0:
2013 Crosstour
2009 Venza
2009 RX 350

CC Heavenlybang
Nurey
Et al

Cross tour is not bigger than accord interms of ground clearance because its actually accord wagon. People tend to shy away because of the VCM in the V6 engine. But the 4 cylinder is okay.

The venza I don't see a correlation between its features and price point, its tad too expensive for its available options even among competition but nah toyota make am sha.

The RX is a beauty to behold, has good features but also an expensive option to buy.

But for bad roads, the RX would do fine and better than the rest. The crosstour would do fine too as long as the under doesn't scrap the ground and not a flooded area. But interms OF SOLID PARTS, my brother I know honda trumps toyota, their shocks, steering, bushings and all suspension parts of honda always last bad road or not. In essence look at the honda CRV and see whether you like it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Elcapitan0: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

I like the Crosstour. Comfortable, solid car. Cheaper than the Venza, too, so better value.
Thanks boss. I tend to lean towards the crosstour because of my pocket and Honda last just as long as the Toyotas too.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
nurey:

Cross tour is not bigger than accord interms of ground clearance because its actually accord wagon. People tend to shy away because of the VCM in the V6 engine. But the 4 cylinder is okay.

The venza I don't see a correlation between its features and price point, its tad too expensive for its available options even among competition but nah toyota make am sha.

The RX is a beauty to behold, has good features but also an expensive option to buy.

But for bad roads, the RX would do fine and better than the rest. The crosstour would do fine too as long as the under doesn't scrap the ground and not a flooded area. But interms OF SOLID PARTS, my brother I know honda trumps toyota, their shocks, steering, bushings and all suspension parts of honda always last bad road or not. In essence look at the honda CRV and see whether you like it.
at the bolded, an 09 rx350 is anything but "a beauty to behold"

The 2010? Yes. But never the 09
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
Elcapitan0:

Thanks boss. I tend to lean towards the crosstour because of my pocket and Honda last just as long as the Toyotas too.
with better engines of course.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Elcapitan0: 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
nurey:

Thanks boss.
The crosstour is like 0.4in higher theoretically but then i researched the crosstour handles like a sedan which is a plus for me. Is the 2013 V6 Accord engine prone to VCM issues too? I thought the earth dreams V6 doesn't have the VCM? Personally, i don't drive anything less than a V6 [maybe I'll try all these turboed 4 cylinders in the future sha] and i don't like a 4 cylinders lugging around an suv body. To me the venza is also overpriced and i don't really like what its offering for its outrageous price too. Just a reliable 2GR, big cargo space and panoramic roof. The RX is way too costly but i like it is why im even considering if i can see a well maintained used.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
Elcapitan0:
2013 Crosstour
2009 Venza
2009 RX 350

CC Heavenlybang
Nurey
Et al
with everything you wrote,get the crosstour.the car hardly ages,very solid car.you can use bigger tires to lift it a little.RX350 is a very nice car too.the venza price wan kill person for nothing special or serious.na just the shape people dey pay for.lol

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
OfficialDJ:
at the bolded, an 09 rx350 is anything but "a beauty to behold"

The 2010? Yes. But never the 09

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder not a 3rd party grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
Elcapitan0:

Thanks boss.
The crosstour is like 0.4in higher theoretically but then i researched the crosstour handles like a sedan which is a plus for me. Is the 2013 V6 Accord engine prone to VCM issues too? I thought the earth dreams V6 doesn't have the VCM? Personally, i don't drive anything less than a V6 [maybe I'll try all these turboed 4 cylinders in the future sha] and i don't like a 4 cylinders lugging around an suv body. To me the venza is also overpriced and i don't really like what its offering for its outrageous price too. Just a reliable 2GR, big cargo space and panoramic roof. The RX is way too costly but i like it is why im even considering if i can see a well maintained used.

Both 3.5L v6 offered in the accord crosstour has VCM, except the j30 in the china variant.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2022
nurey:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder not a 3rd party grin
your eyes needs eyedrop
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
nurey:

Cross tour is not bigger than accord interms of ground clearance because its actually accord wagon.

Fake news. The fact that it's an Accord wagon doesn't mean it has same ground clearance as the Accord sedan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by brightest5050: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please House, what is the fuel efficiency of '09 Honda Accord (4 plug 2.4 l)? and the comparison with the fuel efficiency of 2010 Corrolla Sport (1.8 liter )

What is the general maintainance like for the 09 Accord 2.4 ( stated above like?) compared with the corrolla.

The ride purpose is mostly for personal use and once in a while hussle

Cc:
Other bosses in the house
HeavenlyBang
nurey
OfficialDJ
Kingreign
9icetoo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dryakson(m): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please can someone tell me why is this Peugeot cheap. Is there any factory defects or errors?

It's a 2014 Peugeot 508

Cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
OfficialDJ
Kingreign
9icetoo

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
dryakson:
Please can someone tell me why is this Peugeot cheap. Is there any factory defects or errors?

It's a 2014 Peugeot 508

Cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
OfficialDJ
Kingreign
9icetoo

Buy better car, leave scrap for who get am.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.